• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Justice League The Reason WB Can't Get JL off the Ground

I think i'm one of the few fanboys who really isn't that uptight about the project. I cant really say its rushed because they've wanted to do it since at least 2007.

I'm not worried about the whole establishing a real world Batman in a fantasy world because truth be told, GA audiences really arent gonna nitpick about Batman hanging out with Superman. They'll accept it easier that alot of comic fans realize. Don't get me wrong, the public loves the Nolan films , but audiences wont complain about a character like Batman being there. So that part doesn't worry me. The only issue I see with Batman is the inevitable comparisson Between Bale and the new actor.

I'm not worried about the whole copy cat charge because again , GA will still see the film the same way they see copy cats of other genres, so the Disney did it first thing isn't gonna be a big deal for parents wanting to see whats playing friday night.

My real concern would be script . If its a half a*** , cheesy , son of GL quality with Brett Ratner or McG like director at the helm , that could be quite unpleasant for the future of other DC characters .

Equally, if the script is oozing in grimdark, its going to kill the franchise, I predict for you now. Not that this is mutually exclusive, the script could entirely be both cheesy *and* grimdark.

True. And as much as I like Nolan , I don't wanna see a Nolanized Flash,WW, GL , Aquaman etc and a TDKR toned JLA film. That would be equally bad. I think what Donner , Nolan , Singer, Raimi, and Whedon was to respect for the characters , and took the characters seriously. To me that's more important to success than trying to make a realistic , grim , dark JLA film.

Batman shouldn't even be in the Justice League movie. :awesome:

I think i'm one of the few fanboys who really isn't that uptight about the project. I cant really say its rushed because they've wanted to do it since at least 2007.

I'm not worried about the whole establishing a real world Batman in a fantasy world because truth be told, GA audiences really arent gonna nitpick about Batman hanging out with Superman. They'll accept it easier that alot of comic fans realize.

This. The fact they offered their more revered directors (Affleck) first crack at the movie shows that (a), they have a great script in order, or most likely, (b) they want someone with director credentials to do it.

I honestly think they should go Marvel's way and build up to this, not just rush into it. But I feel like this movie is going to be rushed after The Avengers's success, so eh, whatever.

Guess it could turn out good.

01a-superfriends11.jpg

LMAO... that's hilarious

And I seem to remember reading something that Man of Steel's Superman won't be the Superman in the JL movie? That sounds like an incredibly stupid move too.

Two different versions of the same character in two different franchises that are going on at the same time?

But that may have just been speculation, hopefully.

Why can't WB get Justice League off the ground? Because the Potter series and Nolan Batman trilogy were higher priority.

It's often forgotten that Marvel tried getting Iron Man, Captain America and Thor off the ground for 15-20 years, and that for a long time they had as many holes in their character line-up as DC did.

Agreed. Timing is everything. With Nolan busy these past 7 years presenting his vision of Batman, JLA has taken a backseat.

That's no longer a concern, and I think it's safe to say JLA is going to happen sometime in the near future (2-3 years). I have trepidation about such a movie being made.... or at least made well.

Let's hope they cast the roles correctly and get some starpower inected into this movie.

The cast is what's most important i think. They could drop the ball completely. Im pretty sure Cavill will be there, but im worried about the others. Batman not so much. For some reason i have faith that they'll cast someone awesome in the role. Even when the franchise went campy as hell, they cast Kilmer, who was a pretty good choice actually. Bad delivery, but he could have been solid with a better script.

The others is what i worry about. Casting Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, perhaps Aquaman/Cyborg/Martian Manhunter if they're in it. The villain/s as well. I actually have faith in the script for some reason, but the cast could be shakey.

I have to say Warner Bros' timing is quite good with this. It might be unintentional sometimes but...they waited for Nolans trilogy to be done, waiting for Man of Steel to be released, waited for Avengers to come out (or got inspired by the release:whatever it is for you) and now they have all of that behind them. Plus a failed Green Lantern attempt. This is good because they can look at Avengers & see what not to do, to make JL different. They can look at GL and how to not approach that character this time.

Thank god they've waited this long because i think it would have been a disaster. In my opinion though, they shouldn't wait too much longer because it's time to give the audience a different kind of team-up. A contrast to Avengers WHILE it's happening. Competition will be great for business as long as both versions are different from one another. It's time to bring Wonder Woman and Flash to the big screen, and it's good timing to synch it with these Superman/Batman reboots.

And I seem to remember reading something that Man of Steel's Superman won't be the Superman in the JL movie? That sounds like an incredibly stupid move too.

Two different versions of the same character in two different franchises that are going on at the same time?

But that may have just been speculation, hopefully.

They said that LONG ago. The success of The Avengers may have made them change their minds. Even Zack Snyder said recently (at the last Comic Con) that Superman is currently WB's crown jewel and once they get him off the ground and do him successfully, anything is possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b5Chd2B2j0&feature=relmfu

Skip to 08:42.

If Marvel can make a team-up movie about a Raccoon and a talking plant, DC really should be able to make a Justice League movie without any trouble.

If Marvel can make a team-up movie about a Raccoon and a talking plant, DC really should be able to make a Justice League movie without any trouble.

Marvel is making a movie about a talking plant and a Raccoon because most of what they've done up to this point was profitable. WB hasn't made a single profitable DC film outside of the Batman franchise since Superman III.

If WB had done whatever they didn't do right that Marvel did? We'd be seeing Booster Gold, New Gods, and Deadman films by now.

Last edited:
From what I seen from the Aquaman thread and the Hawkman thread he started in the DC Comic Films section, he basically wants everyone to be like Batman...:o
I thought it was I who started the Hawkman thread in that section... but perhaps this is like Fight Club? :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"