The reason why the UK audience did not like the movie

^ True box office does not mean quality. But SM3 is actually a dman well made movie and has a lot more heart and humanity to it than any blockbuster has had in the last 12 months or probably since Peter Jackson's King Kong, another flawed but overly-criticized movie.

And at the end of the day it is not going to matter what other people think, but what you think.

I thought spiderman 3 was terrible, simple as that, it was just far too cheesy. I've had it with spidey now, the first one was excellent but the last two have not lived up to the animated series in the slightest. I was looking forward to seeing parker explore his darker side in the black suit and then he just starts dancing all the time, rubbish.
I don't I hate it because i'm English, I would imagine it's flaws are clear for everyone to see.

It's made damn close to a billion dollars. I'd say the public liked the movie...
that doesn't mean anything either.

I loved this film as did a lot others...

but I think what got most of those bucks was the over-dramatic advertising... it was unbeleivable! what did the show close to 20 minutes of footage BEFORE the film's release?! and all those TV spots!!

Teaser Trailer
Theatrical 1
Theatrical 2
Final Trailer
Final Trailer Re-cut
Final Trailer International
Final Trailer International 2
and like 20 TV spots
NBC TV Spot
NBC 7-Minute Sneak Peak

I could keep going... but I won't.

For me, the biggest let down was Venom, i wish they had now left Spidey in the suite for the whole 2nd half of the movie, and then have the movie END with the birth of Venom, perfectly setting up a fourth movie.

Plus, it should have been Peter nearly killing a villain in cold blood that made him get rid of the suit, not hitting MJ, i would have preferred it if Peter had laughed after he hit, showing how truly warped the suit made him.

For me, the biggest let down was Venom, i wish they had now left Spidey in the suite for the whole 2nd half of the movie, and then have the movie END with the birth of Venom, perfectly setting up a fourth movie.

Plus, it should have been Peter nearly killing a villain in cold blood that made him get rid of the suit, not hitting MJ, i would have preferred it if Peter had laughed after he hit, showing how truly warped the suit made him.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I would not want to see them go that far with Peter. I mean, laughing after hitting MJ? That is too extreme for me. MJ was his prize the first two movies, the point of him hitting her is far enough, as he harmed what he treasured most. It is only fitting that making him harm what he cherishes most would bring him back to reality. I thought it was fitting.

And he did try to kill a villain (Sandman), so there is the attempted, cold-blooded murder showing how extreme he became. However, the Uncle Ben story made him not that mad about it to where he would leave the suit.

They should have just replicated TAS shot for shot.

They should have just replicated TAS shot for shot.

I'd say they stayed pretty faithful to the animated series, as far as Venom's origin goes. Sans the bit where Peter contracted the symbiote from John Jameson's space shuttle.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but SM3 made more in the "UK" than both previous Spider-Man films, which means more repeat viewing--what the hell UK audience are you referring too?

SM1: 45M
SM2: 49M
SM3: 66M

:dry:

It's true, dodus, you don't know what you're talking about.

Well being a Superman fan first, I have to say that spidey 3 (IMHO) did NOT suck. It wasnt as good as 2 to me, but better than spidey 1. 8/10.

I thought spiderman 3 was terrible, simple as that, it was just far too cheesy. I've had it with spidey now, the first one was excellent but the last two have not lived up to the animated series in the slightest. I was looking forward to seeing parker explore his darker side in the black suit and then he just starts dancing all the time, rubbish.
I don't I hate it because i'm English, I would imagine it's flaws are clear for everyone to see.

Umm....what the heck :huh:

mort, he knows nothing of the comics, he's just some teeny-bopper doped up on saturday morning cartoon reruns.

all i was trying to say when i opened this thread was that most of the audiences were let down by how hyped up this film was befor release. audience members who spoke to me were expecting more. i still think its amazing everytime a catch a glimps when i'm working at the cinema but considering the fact that younger groups of kids who are coming to see the film are actualy walking out befor the end says something about the film not being able to keep the audiences attention for a long time.

just because the film is selling dosent meen its liked by everyone. i only managed to watch FF2 today and i have to say that people seem to like it better than spidey, people claped at the end of the film but not after spidey well cya!

I do think it is a bit ridiculous when this movie has better legs (meaning more viewings and repeats) around the world than the first two, that no one seems to know anyone who liked it.s

Of the 17 people I saw the movie with over three viewings and the 3 or 4 others I didn't I talked with I can think of only 7 maybe 8 who didn't like it.

I'm not saying it is a great movie. It is decent, and disappointing compared to the first two, ESPECIALLY after the trailers....

but big whoop. It's a good movie and it seems some people must like it for it to be the highest grossing movie in the US and the second biggest in the world with the best legs of the trilogy globally.

Also, Peter did try to kill Sandman in cold blood and his best friend/worst enemy in Harry Osborn. And he did "laugh" and taunt Harry after kicking his ass before blowing his face off.

Honestly, him hitting the thing he loves most (MJ) across the face was a good reason for him to go "Oh ****, this crazy goo has got to go."

Also, the dancing is Sam Raimi. You either like his style or you don't. I do and if you liked AOD or Darkman this was just him letting his hair down in filmmaking a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"