The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

^^^We've got a "Create a Post" thread in the Approval and Discussion section for posts that don't fit in any of our defined games. Why not give it a try in there?

Also, I've got the game application done. All we need is a decent name before we really move forward.

I once had this idea that Namor and the original android Human-Torch could have lived in the Victorian Era instead of the 30s, what do you guys think? They allways reminded me more of Jules Vernes book and the league of extraordinary adventures

Could be cool, you can never really go wrong with a Human Torch/Namor battle.

Marvels portrayed it perfectly, always thought the sight of them battling over the New York skyline was amazing.

Hey, MB, should I go through putting up a new thread for the game app? Or should I just post it here. I wasn't sure since we have so many people saying they're in already.

I've been kicking around an idea of my own. The idea would be that Marvel and DC are technically apart for those who don't like the idea of mixing universes but there are portals left over from the official combining of the two and the characters would jump in between the universes using said portals. The big question is how would you mix the two timelines?

Hey, MB, should I go through putting up a new thread for the game app? Or should I just post it here. I wasn't sure since we have so many people saying they're in already.

Put up a new thread. Won't hurt anyone to reaffirm their interest if they really are as interested as they say.

ONe thing we could do with a board like this is mix the membership up in the sense of having some Marvel characters in the JLA and DC in Avengers so forth.

ONe thing we could do with a board like this is mix the membership up in the sense of having some Marvel characters in the JLA and DC in Avengers so forth.

Yeah, there needs to be a sense of a shared universe. Do away with a mindset of sticking people to one company just because they belong to one company. This is supposed to be 'one universe', after all.

That's what the old game was like.

Cap, Spidey, Stark on the Justice League.

Canary, Flash, Rayner on the Avengers.

Starfire in the xmen.

Spidey, iceman, Madrox on the Teen Titans

That's what the old game was like.

Cap, Spidey, Stark on the Justice League.

Canary, Flash, Rayner on the Avengers.

Starfire in the xmen.

Spidey, iceman, Madrox on the Teen Titans

Yup. We had a lot of good combos.

And the best part of a new game is that there are so many different combos it should feel fresh.

So, with the new WF up and running, and OE coming soon, who would be interested in getting the Star Wars game up and going again.

First off, to give WF and OE a chance to get rolling, Star Wars wouldn't start back up until the new year. Gives the other games nearly two months, and avoids the inevitable holiday lag.

Also, I don't think there's much need to reboot the game. We're only in the beginnings of season 2, so it's still very easy to get new players caught up with what's happened.

So, with the new WF up and running, and OE coming soon, who would be interested in getting the Star Wars game up and going again.

First off, to give WF and OE a chance to get rolling, Star Wars wouldn't start back up until the new year. Gives the other games nearly two months, and avoids the inevitable holiday lag.

Also, I don't think there's much need to reboot the game. We're only in the beginnings of season 2, so it's still very easy to get new players caught up with what's happened.

You know I'll be there.

I know it sort of withered and died due to lack of activity and my own numerous shortcomings as a GM, but......would anyone be up for a start-from-scratch reboot of All-Star Marvel?

I mean, Ultimate DC has been going strong since it rebooted, and I think ASM could benefit from a similar palette-cleansing. One of the big problems All-Star ran into was so many people grabbing up characters and dropping them immediately, and name-dropping tons of other characters as NPCs, so a lot of characters now had other people's fingerprints on them and other players couldn't come along and put their own spin on it. So if we went back to square one and opened everyone up to use again, maybe we could get a dedicated player-base going.

Plus, I just loved the hell out of playing Spider-Man and I'm seriously sad that I don't get to play him anymore.

...am I sensing another Spider-App free-for-all?

Yeah...Andy would win.

But yeah, an ASM reboot may have some merit after you've waited a bit, but for now, support an up and coming RPG! :cmad:

...am I sensing another Spider-App free-for-all?

Possibly.

If we get more than three, the apps will be dismissed and the winner will be determined by a fight to the death.

As for All-Star Marvel, I dunno how interested I'd be at this point. I've got a plethora of Marvel plans for One Earth as of now. I'd say wait for a few months and let OE and WF get their feet under them and then see whether or not people are up for All-Star.

I really enjoyed the All-Star game, but I think there needs to be some penalties for picking up then dropping a character quickly (something I was guilty of, I'll admit). When there are so many origins thrown out so quickly it's touch to find a character to really grasp on to later in the game.

Yeah, if I reboot ASM, I'd definitely instill some tighter controls on things, particularly on how many things you can name-drop or how many franchises you can pull from (Hyperion on the X-Men?) But yeah, I'd definitely wait a few months to let the new OU and DC games get on their feet before I start campaigning for it.

I've been thinking of an Amalgam (*cold shiver travels down Byrd's spine*) Horror based RPG.

With the recent success of the horror titles Animal Man and Swamp Thing in the new DCU, combined with the veritable gold mine of untapped potential that Marvel is squandering by not doing anything with their own horror line of characters like Man-Thing, Werewolf by Night, Morbius the Living Vampire and numerous others... and opening it up to other fictional and mythological characters who could fit such a game I think there's definitely potential in the concept (of course, that won't mean anything if people aren't interested).

So your dream has been to see Team Jacob and Team Edward get curb-stomped by Moon Knight and Blade? We can make it happen.

Want to see the Scooby Gang try repeatedly in vain to pull off Ghost Rider's face only to see him get pissed off and unleash a Penance Stare on Fred, to make him feel the deaths of the sack full of puppies he drowned because Shaggy and Scooby (the stoners) couldn't afford alimony for the pregnant b****es Scooby knocked up. (...What? It's a correct term!) We can make that happen too... although I've probably ruined your story if that was your plan ...sorry about that.

We need a new fantasy game up in this b****. Any of you play Skyrim or any of the other Elder Scrolls games? I think an Elder Scrolls RPG would be the cat's meow.:up:

I'd be up for that.

On the condition that you motherfuqers join UDC. :argh:

I've read bits of it but we're still 3 seasons in. That gets intimidating for newcomers who don't want to blunder headlong into continuity errors.

Don't worry about continuity, fools! That's what Skype discussions and s**t is for. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"