The RPG Concept Thread - 2011 Edition

<-- Is too up for a new OU game, and has an application already done for such an occasion.:up:

I realize this has hardly been decided, but just out of curiosity what point in said OU's history would the game start up?

I realize this has hardly been decided, but just out of curiosity what point in said OU's history would the game start up?

If we did it, I would like to do like we did in UDC and have the characters start out a few years into their careers. That applies to the "newer" heroes like Batman, Spidey, and Superman. Cap, the JSA, and the Invaders would have already happened years ago.

Exactly what I would be hoping for, should the game go ahead.

Fine! Just abandon the old OU game. You abandoners!!! :cmad: :argh:

:(

Fine! Just abandon the old OU game. You abandoners!!! :cmad: :argh:

:(

It's not that I necessarily want to do that. But new games seem to grab the general interest of the players more, and it gives us the opportunity to define new histories.

Maybe for the first time the OU game can have a name like DC and the old Marvel game has/had. I'd start with thinking of some cool big or mini event names and mix and go from there. :p

Yea, I'd definitely like to give it a real name rather than just "One Universe".

If this did get up off the ground, I'd want to introduce what I did in the new DC RPG and say that you can't play anyone you played in the last go-round. So remember that, you stingy ****s. :cmad:

Sounds good. That should be the standard rule for a reboot.

If this did get up off the ground, I'd want to introduce what I did in the new DC RPG and say that you can't play anyone you played in the last go-round. So remember that, you stingy ****s. :cmad:

I'm good with that. I already have a character in mind, and I never played him in OU.

I'm also going to put down the one character rule at the beginning. That way we don't have people trying to gobble up 2 of the big names right out the gate.

Also...I'm writing an intro right now like I did for the Independents game. Anyone that wants to help or put in any input hit me up on MSN.

For the love of all that is good also limit the amount of characters you guys can play per person. Because when I was trying to do the roster there was ONE consistent thing with OU: people dropped and picked up new characters like hotcakes.

For the love of all that is good also limit the amount of characters you guys can play per person. Because when I was trying to do the roster there was ONE consistent thing with OU: people dropped and picked up new characters like hotcakes.

I want to address that as well. With the wealth of characters that are possible from each company it's really easy to fall into this trap where people are constantly changing characters.

I'd love to have a system that penalizes players after the second time they do this, but at the same time I'd hate to kick a potential player out of the game.

Do people have any ideas?

Yeah, that can be tricky. Only thing I can think of is trying to do the three strike approach to character jumpers, same thing I tried to institute in WoH to keep the wind runners at bay.

We kicked around various ideas to deal with character swapping.

Usually this is a player picking up a character because they'd be 'cool' to play, without any ideas or story they want to tell. And usually follow their application with a post asking if there's a story they can jump into, or if anyone wants to interact in the game (work that **** out ahead of time by reading the last page or two and pming anyone you might be interested in playing with).

Swapping once could just mean you made a mistake with your pick.

Swapping a second time is suspicious, but passable.

Swapping a third time is proof that you have no plan.

So I say use a two strikes rule. Once you swap to a third character, you're stuck. No more swapping for the season until you tell a full story with the third character and can prove to the GM's that you can commit.

If they still don't post, then the two week applies and takes the character away.

I would be interested in a new One Universe game, i like the title, i don't think it should be changed but since it's only Marvel and DC it could be called Amalgam RPG? :D

I would be interested in a new One Universe game, i like the title, i don't think it should be changed but since it's only Marvel and DC it could be called Amalgam RPG? :D

:dry: Never put those two words together ever again for as long as you live. :dry:

Aw, come on. Don't you remember our classic teamup of Gordon and Dark Claw?

I was talking more about the abomination of an RPG that lasted a page or two....but yeah, that also was vomit inducing.

I was talking more about the abomination of an RPG that lasted a page or two....but yeah, that also was vomit inducing.

:argh:

I bet it made you feel dirty.

Did you feel dirty?

Yeah...you like feeling dirty, don't you?

I might be up for a new One Universe RPG. Maybe give me a chance to use some of the ideas I had for Hulk-related characters before the main Marvel game died.

The Hulk welcomes another challenger.

Perhaps you shall last longer than the rest who tried to play him.

*looks at the pile of OU players*

Perhaps not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"