• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Spectre: The Series

It is arbitrary. Same as Superman.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Superman has a day job, can't move faster than the speed of light, and has to stop and deal with every problem manually. He's limited to problems he can physically get to and deal with in time. If the Spectre's powers are truly limitless, then he has no such restriction and yet he still doesn't take dark vengeance against every bad guy in the DCU. Hence, some sort of explanation for that, either through powering him down or a clearer definition of his "rules" (or both) would be nice.

He has a limitless power supply to call upon. I don't think he has an open ended power set. Plus the nature of his powers are shaped by the nature of the vengeance.

I'm pretty sure that both Superman and Spectre were more "do everything" in the Golden Age but now they are limited by time and space.

:supes: :supes: :supes:

He has a limitless power supply to call upon. I don't think he has an open ended power set. Plus the nature of his powers are shaped by the nature of the vengeance.

I'm pretty sure that both Superman and Spectre were more "do everything" in the Golden Age but now they are limited by time and space.

Oh, that's not the case. Superman was at his weakest in the golden age. He couldn't even fly initially.

The Spectre, on the other hand, has shown the ability to teleport pretty mcuh anywhere instantly and dish out painful death to whomever. The question that still hasn't been answered is why he takes vengeance on some killers and not others.

Well, I'm talking about the end of the Golden Age, I suppose. The Planet Mover.

As for the arbitrary nature of his actions. He IS a servant of God. Arbitrary should be that Deity's middle name. :o

Well, I'm talking about the end of the Golden Age, I suppose. The Planet Mover.

The Golden age refers to 1938-1952 or 1954. From then until about 1975 or 1976 is the Silver Age, and that's when Superman was moving planets.

As for the arbitrary nature of his actions. He IS a servant of God. Arbitrary should be that Deity's middle name. :o

That doesn't actually answer the question though. And a show that focuses on this character should answer that question in some way.

Should be based on the Michael Fleisher version, the best Spectre ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"