Spider-Man 2 The Spider-Man 2.1 DVD Thread

Here's some small samples. I'm not sure if I should post the whole thing, since that'd be illegal.

Venom's transformation:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vmmik9

New Eddie Brock footage (I think, sorry if not):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fhy5hn

Required codecs:
-XviD (video): http://www.koepi.org/XviD-1.1.2-01112006.exe
-AC3 Filter (audio): http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ac3filter/ac3filter_1_30b.exe?modtime=1174975899&big_mirror=0

This is on the 2.1 DVD ? Nice

^That is on the Walmart exclusive villians extra disc.

^12.99 Now keep in mind Walmart had the disc last week and I got mine on Friday.

Here's some small samples. I'm not sure if I should post the whole thing, since that'd be illegal.

Venom's transformation:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vmmik9

New Eddie Brock footage (I think, sorry if not):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fhy5hn

Required codecs:
-XviD (video): http://www.koepi.org/XviD-1.1.2-01112006.exe
-AC3 Filter (audio): http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ac3filter/ac3filter_1_30b.exe?modtime=1174975899&big_mirror=0
where did you find this?? great quality dude!! can you post for download completed?

So basically on that Wal Mart bonus disc there is just one behind the scenes thing ?

I ripped it from the DVD.

Yeah it's a single 13 minute featurette broken up into three parts (New Goblin, Sandman, and Venom). It has some of what we've seen on the official Spider-Man 3 blog and on Comcast's Spidey 3 website.

Sorry that the link doesn't work. I'm re-uploading it right now though and the new link should be ready in less than 10 minutes.

EDIT: here's the new link for The Villains of Spider-Man 3:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/jm7dyp

So basically on that Wal Mart bonus disc there is just one behind the scenes thing ?
No...it's 13 mintues of behind the scenes stuff that has a new Harry shot of him in the alley where he kicks the snowboard and he jets straight up and comes back down. It has a lot of the webisode stuff about villians. Pretty neat.

but you already saw that scene on the net. and you would buy it onlyfor that?

why even buy the extended dvd since everything will be o the net?

You want to watch everything in youtube quality be my guest. I want to watch the extended DVD, not just the individual extended scenes. What I said wasn't meant to be taken literal anyways.

I loved alot of the extra things they added in. I really like the extended scene between Harry and Peter at Peter's birthday, because imo it never really seems like they're friends in the movie. This extended scene not only adds to the friendship, but it also shows more grief that peter has to live with.

All the extended fight scenes were great and the scene with Mj and her friend i thought should've been kept in the movie because it better shows her ordeal with choosing Pete or settling with John.

I love both of those extended scenes. They both should've been kept. I bet the actress that played MJ's friend was pissed that all those great lines hit the cutting room floor. Her noting that MJ "said yes just like that?" was perfect. Both would've better helped character development.

The extended fights were cut for budgetary reasons according to the extras. I'm glad they went back and finished them because they're incredible. I knew there was going to be that scene of Ock/Spidey crashing in to the law office but I had no idea we'd get more train sequence footage. The sequence ending with Spidey getting hit by the other train made my day.

Spider-Man 2.1 beats Spider-Man 2 in my book. The only thing I didn't like was the extra Hal Sparks stuff in the elevator. I'm glad they originally cut that stuff.

Well, I was on the fence with this one for a while. Everyone seemed positive about it, but mostly because of the train scene stuff. 8 minutes is a lot, but was it worth $13? Well, I was in Wal-Mart tonight, and I don't know, but I broke down and just bought it, I did, just out of no where I bought it and went home and watched it, desperately anxious to find out if this was worth my well earned $13 or if it was something I would have to suck up the loss for my 'collection'.

:Spoilers ahead:

I must honestly admit, I was very impressed. Yes, the extended bank and train scenes were 'cool', but that holds nothing to the scene in which perhaps only 2 seconds were added onto, but it made all the difference in plot and character development. A prime example is after Pete tries to see MJ's play he goes back to his apartment and the camera normally fades out with him just sitting there staring into space, but in 2.1 he turns on a police scanner and waits, and then the scene ends. This might not be much to some, but its huge to me, it truly shows the effort it takes to be Spider-Man, he can't just go home and sleep, he is plagued by his duty to society. I saw the extended Harry talk online first, and it wasnt that big of a deal, but in the context of the film it helped with the flow very well. It shows Harry as someone who is struggling, not psychotic, a nice allusion to Pete wanting to seek revenge on his uncles' killer as well. The scene were MJ's friend asks her why she is getting married is amazing and a shame it was not in the original. I hadn't seen this until tonight, and this was by far a much deeper look into MJ's though process than we have seen yet. The dialogue is well done and it is believable and you sympathize with her. There has been plenty of debate over the JJJ wearing the suit scene, but I will say, that within the context of the films, where JJJ IS comic relieft, it fits perfectly.
In the end, I have three gripes. I like the original elevator scene better. The scene at the doctors office didn't need an extension. And Spidey getting hit by the train did recover rather quickly(but it didnt bother me as much as I htought it would)

Final synopsis:

If you dont own Spider-Man 2: BUY IT!

If you own Spider-Man 2 and this new footage doesn't intrigue you: RENT IT - everyone should see the new character progressions, but not everyone needs to own it and see it everytime they watch the movie.

If you own Spider-Man 2 and love extra development and insight into the characters: BUY IT!

the film comes out in about three weeks, why is everyone obsessed with seeing sneaky clips so close to the release???

Later today I am taking the Kmart ad to Wal Mart which lists the DVD at $9.99 & Wal Mart matches the prices listed in ads so hopefully I will be able to get both 2.1 & the Villians disc for $9.99. If for some reason I dont get the Villians disc at Wal Mart Im still getting the main DVD cheap :ninja:

****!! always stop in 84 - 90%. Sendspace sux!!

GuyverOne thanks a lot for share but, can you post in megaupload?

Well, I was on the fence with this one for a while. Everyone seemed positive about it, but mostly because of the train scene stuff. 8 minutes is a lot, but was it worth $13? Well, I was in Wal-Mart tonight, and I don't know, but I broke down and just bought it, I did, just out of no where I bought it and went home and watched it, desperately anxious to find out if this was worth my well earned $13 or if it was something I would have to suck up the loss for my 'collection'.

:Spoilers ahead:

I must honestly admit, I was very impressed. Yes, the extended bank and train scenes were 'cool', but that holds nothing to the scene in which perhaps only 2 seconds were added onto, but it made all the difference in plot and character development. A prime example is after Pete tries to see MJ's play he goes back to his apartment and the camera normally fades out with him just sitting there staring into space, but in 2.1 he turns on a police scanner and waits, and then the scene ends. This might not be much to some, but its huge to me, it truly shows the effort it takes to be Spider-Man, he can't just go home and sleep, he is plagued by his duty to society. I saw the extended Harry talk online first, and it wasnt that big of a deal, but in the context of the film it helped with the flow very well. It shows Harry as someone who is struggling, not psychotic, a nice allusion to Pete wanting to seek revenge on his uncles' killer as well. The scene were MJ's friend asks her why she is getting married is amazing and a shame it was not in the original. I hadn't seen this until tonight, and this was by far a much deeper look into MJ's though process than we have seen yet. The dialogue is well done and it is believable and you sympathize with her. There has been plenty of debate over the JJJ wearing the suit scene, but I will say, that within the context of the films, where JJJ IS comic relieft, it fits perfectly.
In the end, I have three gripes. I like the original elevator scene better. The scene at the doctors office didn't need an extension. And Spidey getting hit by the train did recover rather quickly(but it didnt bother me as much as I htought it would)

Final synopsis:

If you dont own Spider-Man 2: BUY IT!

If you own Spider-Man 2 and this new footage doesn't intrigue you: RENT IT - everyone should see the new character progressions, but not everyone needs to own it and see it everytime they watch the movie.

If you own Spider-Man 2 and love extra development and insight into the characters: BUY IT!

I just like collector sets, is there a SM1.1?? Cause I think I remember something, but don't see it anywhere

I just like collector sets, is there a SM1.1?? Cause I think I remember something, but don't see it anywhere

Well there is a Deluxe edition /w a bonus disc, but it's not the 1.1

spiderdlxzi2.jpg

****!! always stop in 84 - 90%. Sendspace sux!!

GuyverOne thanks a lot for share but, can you post in megaupload?

You'll have to be somewhat patient. I'll megaupload it sometime but not now. A while back I wasn't being careful and got my upload speed capped. I got it back though and don't want this to happen again so if you can wait a bit that'd be great.

Also, I never wondered why we couldn't get the cool region 2 cover for the Spider-Man Deluxe Edition and in one of those big amaray cases like they did in the UK. I would have bought it just for the way it was packaged and having that awesome cover. I guess Sony didn't wanna waste money and had a bunch of the old 2-disc set left over so they just packaged that with the new disc in a new box.

Well there is a Deluxe edition /w a bonus disc, but it's not the 1.1

spiderdlxzi2.jpg
I still own that. there was a few cool behind the scenes of Spidey1 and a trailer for Spidey1, a Snek Peek of Spidey2 and a Spidey2 game trailer and PC demo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"