Spider-Man 2 The Spider-Man 2.1 DVD Thread

I think spider-man 2.1 is worth buying so for anyone who's not buying it is missing out.

Well it looks very cheap, and for those of us who never got around to getting the first version, (I'm ashamed to say that I am one of these people) it's very ideal.

Oh, yeah. If you don't have SM2 already, then this is definitely for you. But I mean, if you have the 2-disc special edition already like I do (and a lot of other people), there's no need for this DVD. Sure, it has a little bit of new stuff, but not enough to buy the DVD again, especially not for a sneak peak.

I'll eventually buy it when it's in the bargain bin, the sneak peek and extra footage will be on youtube anyway.

I might buy this. It depends on what new footage they add.

Personally i think movies like Fantastic Four and X-Men 3 are more in need of extended cuts. Its not like SM2 was lacking in action and character development.

I was gonna get this regardless. But since I don't have Spidey 2 in widescreen format, I'm getting this one. I'm glad I waited to see if this was getting released before I rebought the original one. lol

The extended cut shown on FX on January 2'nd was NOT THE FULL EXTENDED CUT!... There were some small things of it, but by far not all of it! The "Spider-Man 2.1"-dvd even promises an extended fight sequence!

I can't wait to see it! and there's new special features plus the sneak peek to spidey 3... come on, it's a NO brainer! It'll be sweet, and even the artwork is ****ing cool!!!

Yea it will be worth buying in my eyes. I mean 8 minutes is quite a nice chunk of new film. And with new action sequences with Ock I just can't say no.

im gonna look at the dvd reviews before i buy this one, even though im more leaning towards buying it then not buying it. 8 minutes is alot of extraness, but 4 of those 8 minutes will just be what we had on FX, and 2 of those 4 minutes new on the dvd will be th scene with JJJ in the spiderman suit. That leaves just 2 minutes for anything else, and i say 30 seconds of that will be on chocolate cake girl. That means about a minute and a hlaf for fight scenes.

I don't understand why Sony just didn't put an extra 20-25 minutes of conventional ACTION in the DVD. Alfred Molina would have loved to come back for more, they wouldn't even need to pay Maguire (stuntman in suit). Traditional/non-CGI fight scenes are cheap as hell, it looks better, and they could really sell this damn thing with the new footage and inside look of Spider-Man 3, perhaps even add the new final trailer.

Now that would be worth buying.

I think GL and Spielberg are the only ones who've really taken the time to do that sort of thing.

I wouldn't hold your breath.
(Nor would I want it to happen.)

Forget fandom. What's happened to the art? I liked Spidey 2 as it was. I may rent this to take a look, but I doubt I'll buy it. The old school filmmaker in me is scoffing quite loudly.

-Vaportrail

...Alfred Molina would have loved to come back for more, they wouldn't even need to pay Maguire (stuntman in suit)...

That would be great, but they will have to hire Tobey for the voice over anyways

yeah theres an added scene where JJJ gets the spiderman suit and trys it on.. lol it will actually be pretty cool idk if its worth 20 bucks or not but pretty cool none the less.

yeah theres an added scene where JJJ gets the spiderman suit and trys it on.. lol it will actually be pretty cool idk if its worth 20 bucks or not but pretty cool none the less.
I am going to burst out into tears when I see that scene. I'm glad to hear that they added a humerous deleted scene on the dvd:woot:.

^ and I thought that J.Jonah Jameson was a bit over the top in some places before... seeing him try on the suit won't help one bit! sounds too funny for the films own good, but oh well.

Never the less, this dvd should be owned, and I'll be buying it the day it comes out!!!

^ and I thought that J.Jonah Jameson was a bit over the top in some places before... seeing him try on the suit won't help one bit! sounds too funny for the films own good, but oh well.
Don't get me wrong I thought he was VERY funny in every scene he was in. I was just implying that it's good that they are adding a deleted humor filled scene onto the dvd. see what I'm saying? :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"