The Squared Circle (All things Pro Wrestling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love it but the chances of that happening are as slim as McCools 12 year old boy body.

Someone toss this broad something to put in her mouth besides the Deadman's death valley jerky stick.

LayCool is perhaps the worst idea in recent WWE history, the sooner Taker dumps her the better off the Divas division will be.

Hogan the character I enjoy, but Hogan the person can drive me nuts sometimes.

Kong is actually a great worker. Her Japanese stuff is really good. She's also been wrestling with a back injury for a long time now. She would work great in WWE if booked right.

I knew it would only be a matter of time before he got into the ring and embarrassed his profession.

I haven't seen her work in Japan although I know she took her name from the legendary Aja Kong, but in TNA at first she was totally carried by Kim.

Good luck to TNA next week, even though I won't be watching.

There really hasn't been anything in wrestling to get me overly excited. I don't even think I watched a full episode of Smackdown since Jeff Hardy's last show.

So, what will we call the next wrestling thread?
I vote, "Piledrivers, Body Slams, and Sleeper Holds".

I'm surprised that neither the WWE or TNA has not gone to Dubai, Doha or Abu Dhabi yet.

LayCool is perhaps the worst idea in recent WWE history, the sooner Taker dumps her the better off the Divas division will be.

I knew it would only be a matter of time before he got into the ring and embarrassed his profession.

I haven't seen her work in Japan although I know she took her name from the legendary Aja Kong, but in TNA at first she was totally carried by Kim.

Well I guess Hogan can't be anymore embarrassing than the Nasty Boys. At least some people care about the Hulkster. Still, I rather not see a 57 broken Hogan wrestling a 61 year old Flair. If Hogan Leg Drops AJ I'm breaking my tv.

You should check it out. Amazing Kong's Japan work is a lot of fun.

Hulk Hogan talked to the Rivertfront Times in the St. Louis area over the weekend to promote Lockdown tickets on-sale and talk about his in-ring wrestling return for TNA on March 8.

-- Hogan said his body is broken down, but he's getting back in the ring because the fans cheered for him to return. The writing was on the wall in November and December when Hogan went on his media blitz promoting TNA, saying he wouldn't wrestle again "unless the fans cheered loud enough." It led to an angle on last week's Impact with the formula of Hogan bleeding, creating sympathy, and a crazed Ric Flair to set up the big tag match on March 8.

"Oh, I can't, brother (Hogan said about not being able to wrestle). I was in Australia recently and did four dates wrestling Ric Flair. The first day I ran into Ric with a shoulder tackle and knocked him down. He popped up and came right back at me. I didn't have my footing right. I was turned in when he hit me and my right hip popped out of its socket. The pain shot like a piece of electricity to my head and right behind my ear. I felt like my head exploded. I fell and dumbed it up against the rope until I could pop my hip back in. That was my first day back."

Hogan continued: "I really didn't want to wrestle, but I got into a situation with TNA when the fans are chanting 'Hogan! Hogan!' It's hard to say no. I painted myself in a corner. Now I'm fighting a tag-team match March 8 with Abyss against Ric Flair and A.J. Styles. I did that to myself, but I really shouldn't be wrestling anymore."

-- Hogan talked more about his financial need to get back into the wrestling business: "I was in a situation where I was kind of lost and I happened to walk by a ring in a gym. I reached out and touched it, and I got goosebumps. I knew I had a problem, kind of like being an addict. I said, 'Oh boy.' It's like driving a fast car or being on a date with a beautiful woman. So, that was part of it. The other was necessity. After the last couple years, financially, I needed to do something. I was devastated financially."

-- Hogan took a shot at "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson, equating Johnson's high-profile family movies with Disney to the low-budget films Hogan put out in the 1990s.

"I thought about moving out to L.A. and doing the movie thing cause I have seventeen movies under my belt -- mostly low-budget kid movies, kind of like what The Rock is doing now," Hogan said. "My agent said they could put me in supporting roles. I'd never be a Gene Hackman or anything, but there is work for me. But I just wasn't into it. I needed to to work and thought why not get back to what I love, wrestling?"

Caldwell's Analysis: If you need a good laugh, here's Hulk Hogan justifying his in-ring return. "I painted myself into a corner, brother, what was I supposed to do?" Unbelievable. In the same interview, Hogan recommended Mark McGwire should just tell the truth and not half-truths about his steroid use in the 1990s. The same could be said for Hogan booking TNA to get himself over in the 2010s.

If only he would have been upfront from the beginning and said TNA was his promotional vehicle to justify getting back in the ring despite having a broken down body instead of offering the usual half-truths that he was "here for the boys" to elevate the entire roster and not be about himself, then at least his agenda would have been clear from the beginning. Classic Hogan.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_39450.shtml

That does sound like typical Hogan tactics to get him to be the top star again. Didn't he used to do similar in WCW? Like he would "call in sick" at certain times when Nitro aired, then when Nitro bombed in the ratings, it was equated to Hogan not being there. So naturally, Hogan got pushed even more.

2agluzp.jpg
:lmao:

Wrestling: A Thread of Blood, Sweat, and Body Slams.

Hello! :woot:
Maybe...
Wretling: A Thread of Blood (Only In TNA), Sweat (On Big Show's face), and Body Slams (Who does these anymore?)

You like that, Sage?

Maybe we should have two wrestling threads?
TNA: The Old Folks Wrestling Program
WWE: HHH and the Guys He Likes

I stand by my suggestion of "Shovels & Road Beef: The Pro Wrestling Thread"

Aw, Hunter, don't dis Dr. Evil's gimmick. It's what he does on almost every topic.

I enjoy my fix of Batista and Leno jokes from Dr Evil lol.

Let's keep the gimmick going folks!

As for new thread title, I'm liking El Citrus' "Shovels and Road Beef: The Pro Wrestling Thread".

I saw Walking Tall yesterday and it was a solid action film. Good thing that Dwayne is returning to action movies with his next project. I think he's done making movies his daughter can watch for a while.

I enjoy my fix of Batista and Leno jokes from Dr Evil lol.

Let's keep the gimmick going folks!

As for new thread title, I'm liking El Citrus' "Shovels and Road Beef: The Pro Wrestling Thread".

Your going to miss it then, because I'm stopping. Let someone else who hates Jay Leno bash him (and there are plenty out there on this forum). I'm probably going to still watch Leno, out of habit.

I saw Walking Tall yesterday and it was a solid action film. Good thing that Dwayne is returning to action movies with his next project. I think he's done making movies his daughter can watch for a while.
The Rundown is still one of my favorite action flicks.

I liked the Rundown too.

It had Christopher Walken and Rosario Dawson.

The thing I'm most excited to find out tonight is A.who else is going into the HOF.B.Who else is going to MITB(I think Kofi is a shoe-in but then again so was Morrison.I would love Bourne in it but I consider it a long shot.)C.What will happen with Bret Hart.

The thing I'm most excited to find out tonight is A.who else is going into the HOF.B.Who else is going to MITB(I think Kofi is a shoe-in but then again so was Morrison.I would love Bourne in it but I consider it a long shot.)C.What will happen with Bret Hart.

I'm thinking a tag team goes in tonight? Maybe the Road Warriors?

I think we w/e stars the next wrestling thread should start it should put a poll up with all the possible names an by the end of the night have a mod change the name to the newly voted name

I think we w/e stars the next wrestling thread should start it should put a poll up with all the possible names an by the end of the night have a mod change the name to the newly voted name
Sounds good to me, you up for it Hunter?

Worked pretty well for the Coco thread oh and Screw Jay Leno!:cmad::cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"