• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Tekken Thread

Arkady Rossovich

Superhero
Reaction score
Tekken is one of the most in-depth fighting game series on any console.One of the original fighting games,i thought a thread to discuss the series would be good.Anything Tekken related can be talked about,so..who do you play as?To be honest,my favorite was Tekken 3.

Tekken 3, Tag Tournament and Tekken 5 DR are solid. DR in particular is great stuff. As far as fighters are concerned, my top three are:

1) Hwoarang
2) Lei Wulong
3) Sergei Dragunov

My Brothers really into this game. I've always had a passing fancy with fighting games in general. (Mainly due to the beating I incurred as a child from my big brother on Karate Champ) But I'm still good, and whenever we hang out we play. I'm particularly awesome with Paul if I do say so myself.

I love Tekken.

My favorite fighters:

1. Lei Wulong
2. Steve Fox
3. Marshall/Forest Law
4. Lee/Violet
5. Kazuya
6. Eddy Gordo/Christy Montiero (of course :o)

I didn't like how they gave Lei Wulong long hair after Tekken 2 :(
He was practically Chan Ka Kui from Jackie Chan's Police Story series! Why did they change him? :cmad:

Well, look at it this way. He's Chan Ka Kui from the Police Story series....with long hair.

I heard that a experienced Lei player can be hard to beat,mostly because of his annoying combos.Steve Fox can be effective if used correctly,he can duck under punches and kicks.A experienced Hwoarang player can be really hard to beat.

블라스;13294866 said:
I heard Tekken 6 is coming to the Xbox360 and is, in absolutely no way, a Sony exclusive :o

Link? Proof? There are gonna be THOUSANDS of similar claims by people, website etc, etc. The only bright side to such a news is now Xbots will realise how much DOA sucks.

I heard that a experienced Lei player can be hard to beat,mostly because of his annoying combos.Steve Fox can be effective if used correctly,he can duck under punches and kicks.A experienced Hwoarang player can be really hard to beat.

Damn straight. Hwoarang players have some of the coolest tricky styles in ANY fighting game. He's not as fast or combo-based as master Baek but he does have the damage to back him up. Best thing about Hwoarang is that he can be played in any number of ways, just like Lei. But there are huge differences in gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BWtWun5lig

This guy is the top Hwoarang in my local 'Cade. Sorry for the terrible quality, the Arcade has a strict "No photography" policy. His stance switching is seamless....Hwoarang players tend to be unneccesarily flashy, but this get has got the WHOLE command list down. He Just Frames like nobody can on a Hwoarang. I've played the game since T3 but I can JF only twice outta 6 times. This is mastery.

The Tekken franchise is firmly rooted in the Playstation...and...Gameboy Advanced but hey, anything's possible.

Nahz. Tekken belongs on the PS. Xbox has SoulCal, VF and the ever impressives DOA. Namco needs to keep at least some of its fans happy. Besides, I'm having my doubts about T6 thanks to "Rage" mode. I get the rationale behind it but it feels way to 2D.

Just so you know, GFreeman probably doesn't even know what Tekken means. Have you ever played the game G?

I use Hwoarang and Bryan Fury the most

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of fighters really, I hate VF, don't get the fuss over Soul Cal but I always enjoy Tekken. Good fun, decent characters, and on Tekken3, a great arcade mode with a decent story.

블라스;13294866 said:
I heard Tekken 6 is coming to the Xbox360 and is, in absolutely no way, a Sony exclusive :o
What you heard is called a rumour. Tekken 6 may well end up on 360. As of now we don't know.

I'd say 360 fans are deprived of top-tier fighters having only Dead or Alive but they just got Virtua Fighter 5 for the PS3 so they have one top fighter now at least.

Always found Virtua Fighter to be overrated.

The Tekken franchise is firmly rooted in the Playstation...and...Gameboy Advanced but hey, anything's possible.

Nahz. Tekken belongs on the PS. Xbox has SoulCal, VF and the ever impressives DOA. Namco needs to keep at least some of its fans happy. Besides, I'm having my doubts about T6 thanks to "Rage" mode. I get the rationale behind it but it feels way to 2D.

Just so you know, GFreeman probably doesn't even know what Tekken means. Have you ever played the game G?

I have been unfortunate enough to experience the tragedy that is a Tekken play session, yes.

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of fighters really, I hate VF, don't get the fuss over Soul Cal but I always enjoy Tekken. Good fun, decent characters, and on Tekken3, a great arcade mode with a decent story.
I think SC is the best of the 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"