The Dark Knight Rises The Truth About The Casting Rumors...No Riddler?

I don't get why people keep acting like this Goyer quote says that Catwoman and Penguin won't be in the movie, which it doesn't, or that Goyer has any say in that whatsoever, for that matter.
“Batman has been published for 70 years. In the first movie, we used Ra’s Al Ghul and the Scarecrow, who had not been in the movies before, and had not been in the ’60s TV show before.​
“There are dozens if not hundreds of other characters that fit that bill. Everyone says it’s got to be the Penguin or Catwoman [in the next film]… well I completely disagree.”
So he disagrees that Catwoman and Penguin have to be the next villains... I think we all agree that they don't HAVE to be the next villains. I mean, is a take on Penguin really necessary to give a given continuity legitimacy? He's just saying that they don't have to use the obvious villains and can draw from the enormous history Batman has.

Also, people need to acknowledge that the villain will be whoever Nolan wants and that Goyer is just the comic book stooge who will outline the things that Nolan wants. He has no control over anything.

Read my above post, they want to use villians that haven't appeared in the films before.
Goyer explained that, despite re-introducing the Joker in the upcoming sequel, the filmmakers want to explore new villains in any future films.
Also about Two-Face http://movies.ign.com/articles/892/892656p1.html
Likewise, the ending of TDK seemed to suggest that Harvey Dent/Two-Face was dead, although producer Emma Thomas told IGN after an early press screening that Dent's last scene was ambiguous enough to suggest that perhaps he was still alive.

I just notice that article didn't have all his quotes.
http://www.movies.ie/html/article.aspx?articleid=2726

I can also pull quotes from Oldman, and Nolan why Catwoman and the Penguin aren't going to be introduced if you're not convinced they're not going to be in the films.

Yes explore other villains, but nowhere does it say they are not going to use Catwoman or Penguin, they are just considering other options. There has not been one quote from anyone saying "Catwoman or Riddler or Penguin or whoever are not being used in film 3", they are keeping their options open.

The key word in that quote is explore, not as in exploring their options. He means explore as in, have the film audience exposed to newer villians.I guess its all about how you interupt words.

Explore means to look at everything, taking all things into consideration, but until someone comes out and categorically says 'We are not using (insert character) for Batman 3', Catwoman, Penguin and Man-Bat for all I care have not been ruled out.

smh
They never confirmed that TWO-FACE is dead in the film. Just because he fell doesn't mean hes dead. You don't even see him fall if I can remember.
So the Riddler can use a his knowledge of the identity of Batman? Yeah dude, Mr. Reese isn't the Riddler.

Fans just beg for him to be back because they can't accept Nolan's decision...

I saw him lying dead on the ground... remember Batman moved his head to the left, showing Harvey's face, not Two-Face's face? And then he and Gordon talked about how people will loose hope? People cannot survive a fall like that! That was like twice what Sal Maroni fell, and he ended up with walking with a cane after that! he's dead! It was implied! Same as it was that Joker was caught by the cops!

I dont know what movie you were watching.. But i saw they said Harvey Dent died.. not two face .. :-D
But they DID say Gordon Died.. and i seem to recall...
Its the movies.. Anything can happen.. anything at all.

I've heard that before - that 'Harvey Dent died but not Two-Face'. And I thought that to be a pretty spurious argument.

But I suppose what you are saying is that the public is being told Harvey Dent is dead, while someone called 'Two-Face' is in Arkum Asylum (or some other medical facility that hasn't been blown up recently).

You could argue that the public really didn't see Harvey in his "two Face" state. Still, people are likely to notice that ONE of his faces looks an awful lot like Harvey Dent.

Nolan should never have killed him off, it was quite possible to conclude the film with Harvey in a coma or in some way so badly injured that he posed no threat, and would not reveal himself as a monster, either. As things stand, while Nolan could make up any story he wants to bring Two-Face back, it's not like him to force that large a suspension of disbelief on an audience.

Fans just beg for him to be back because they can't accept Nolan's decision...

I saw him lying dead on the ground... remember Batman moved his head to the left, showing Harvey's face, not Two-Face's face? And then he and Gordon talked about how people will loose hope? People cannot survive a fall like that! That was like twice what Sal Maroni fell, and he ended up with walking with a cane after that! he's dead! It was implied! Same as it was that Joker was caught by the cops!

http://movies.ign.com/articles/892/892656p1.html

Likewise, the ending of TDK seemed to suggest that Harvey Dent/Two-Face was dead, although producer Emma Thomas told IGN after an early press screening that Dent's last scene was ambiguous enough to suggest that perhaps he was still alive.

I've heard that before - that 'Harvey Dent died but not Two-Face'. And I thought that to be a pretty spurious argument.

But I suppose what you are saying is that the public is being told Harvey Dent is dead, while someone called 'Two-Face' is in Arkum Asylum (or some other medical facility that hasn't been blown up recently).

You could argue that the public really didn't see Harvey in his "two Face" state. Still, people are likely to notice that ONE of his faces looks an awful lot like Harvey Dent.

Nolan should never have killed him off, it was quite possible to conclude the film with Harvey in a coma or in some way so badly injured that he posed no threat, and would not reveal himself as a monster, either. As things stand, while Nolan could make up any story he wants to bring Two-Face back, it's not like him to force that large a suspension of disbelief on an audience.

That could totally be true.. And your probably right.. however.. Maybe im going out on a whim here.. but imagine if there was another villian during this movie that we didnt know was lurking.. ( much like at the end of BB the joker is introduced.. implying he was already causing chaos before we knew he was.. anyway ) Imagine , if him seeing all this joker chaos, and seeing a (possible )Dent/two face brought into Arkum..( i would think dent would be just a quiet and lost person.. being cared for in a private area, possibly taken care of by bruce wayne, maybe alfred, maybe the commissioner.. Something possibly well kept secret..) And this other " villian " type.. Could also be in Arkum.. Or maybe not.. But who convinces harvey he needs to get even with the bat taking his life.. his harvey life.. and putting him away. Two face would indeed need to get even wouldnt he? I could see the joker being the best character for this job.. The two of them inside arkum.. Scheming, whatever.. I dunno.. Thats how i invisioned a great way for Two face to be a new villian in the next one.. and why it would be a great way to have him, and not have him dead.. Revenge is a great fuel for any villian. Much like what two face has to revenge, the loss of his love, and his own life basically.. ( Since hes doomed to being the " two face " shun away ) I mean.. most of the people in Arkum are the jokers goons or whatever.. already batman haters... lol.. Or maybe hes dead .. i dunno. but i need my nephew to get back from vacation so i can take him to see batman for my 5th time .. I kinda love it a lot. lol.

Oh, for god's sake. Two-Face is dead.

If he's not, Gordon and Batman are the two biggest a-holes in the world for standing around for ten minutes talking about his legacy, when they should be trying to get him medical attention.

If Nolan had wanted it to be ambiguous, there wouldn't have been a body, like Ra's.

There is no where thematically for Two-Face to go. His story was told - he got his revenge on Maroni, and passed judgment on Batman and Gordon. Anything beyond this point becomes extraneous. Do you really want to see a Two-Face in movie 3 reduced to nothing but the "I rob places with "2" in the name" gimmick criminal? Nolan was able to condense all that's great about Two-Face into TDK, leaving out all that's goofy and cliche`.

Spot on, especially your final paragraph...I think a lot of people have looked beyond the point of the quickness of everything.

Oh, for god's sake. Two-Face is dead.

If Nolan had wanted it to be ambiguous, there wouldn't have been a body, like Ra's.

There is no where thematically for Two-Face to go. His story was told - he got his revenge on Maroni, and passed judgment on Batman and Gordon. Anything beyond this point becomes extraneous. Do you really want to see a Two-Face in movie 3 reduced to nothing but the "I rob places with "2" in the name" gimmick criminal? Nolan was able to condense all that's great about Two-Face into TDK, leaving out all that's goofy and cliche`.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"