• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS The Unabashed SPOILER Thread. ENTER AT OWN RISK. - Part 6

It's not a problem for Superman, he can push a turd out faster than a speeding bullet. His bowel movements are more powerful than a locomotive.

He would get to Lois just fine.

:pal: :pal: :lmao: :lmao: this is sig worthy.

Back on topic, I really hope that the extended cut expands on how Lex, Clark, and Bruce know each other identities. Like maybe when Clark goes to Gotham to confront Bats, he hears Alfred talking to Batman and he puts two and two together.

So I was just thinking, with Snyder's comments about JL and how they have to do something to bring Superman back and "who knows what he is when he comes back" are we maybe getting our first live action look at Lazarus pits? I could see them maybe being teased in WW and then used in JL to bring Supes back.

Do you have a link for Snyder talking about Superman's return? I hadn't read that before and it sounds really interesting.

If Superman returned via Lazarus pit I would be disappointed. I don't want crazy Superman. It will be Superman's third film. Just let us see a more mature Superman. One that is embraced and trusted by the world.

Was anybody else kind of put off by Ezra Miller's Flash when he appears to Bruce? It was short and all he did was yell. But it just felt so unnatural to me. Kind of worried I won't accept him as Barry Allen.

Is that what that was? I wasn't sure but that was my guess.

So does Doomsday look more like Doomsday by the end of BvS? I hear his bones begin to petrude.

So does Doomsday look more like Doomsday by the end of BvS? I hear his bones begin to petrude.

What you see in the December trailer is what you get. He starts out with no protrusions whatsoever. And then, post nuke, he gets the protrusions.

Saw this yesterday. Have VERY mixed feelings. Much of what I feared about them trying to cram so much into one film and it sadly suffers as a result. On the flipside it does more than a few things right but does just as much wrong. I think some of the more negative reviews have blown things out of proportion, though I do understand many of the criticisms. This was a film that essentially tried to be five movies in one: a Man Of Steel sequel, a new Batman film, a Batman and Superman crossover, a Justice League Origin story and a Death Of Superman adaptation; how was it not going to be bloated?

What was good:

Ben Affleck was excellent as Batman. He was very intimidating and at times actually quite frightening, and he has a very menacing Bat voice (much better than Bale's for sure). No complaints about his Batman portrayal at all. I did take some issue with certain aspects of his Batman but they had nothing to do with his performance. No doubt in my mind he's Batman for this generation.

Henry Cavill still has it as Superman, very likeable and he plays him with the right balance of edge and kindness. And here I actually liked Lois better than in MOS.

Gal Gadot is surprisingly good as Wonder Woman, though I still don't care for her costume.

Jeremy Irons was excellent as Alfred and I'll go so far as to say he's my favorite version of him, yet. Did so much with so little.

Some of the action scenes are pretty good. I particularly enjoyed the Batmobile being in action and Batman's big brawl later on. While the third act is messy, I did take some joy in seeing Doomsday and seeing his battle against Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

While I was never blown away, I also was never bored and the movie kept my attention throughout. Entertaining to a point.

What I didn't like:

Jesse Eisenberg feels off as Lex, which to be fair is more due to the writing than him. He feels more like a Joker/Riddler hybrid than Lex.

Much as I wanted to see him in live-action, Doomsday should've been saved and used as the sole antagonist for the third solo Superman film in the MOS canon. Here his inclusion felt completely forced in, much like Venom in Spider-Man 3. Didn't much care for his design either, nor having Zod become him.

Even with the plausible reason behind it the film gives, I still have a hard time buying that Batman would ever distrust Superman under any circumstances and view him as a true threat or enemy.

Some scenes feel pointless and like they never amount to much of anything, like the terrorist scene early on. And the editing in some spots, particularly later on, could've been much better. Made the film feel even more disjointed at times.

The cameos by Aquaman, the Flash and Cyborg felt totally useless and Wonder Woman herself felt like she could've been deleted from the film and not much affect it at all.

Agan, trying to squeeze so much into one film. It made the movie feel very rushed and sloppy in parts with how it was trying to do so much.

The nightmare sequence felt dumb to me and realy should've been excised.

The actual battle between Batman and Superman honestly underwhelmed me and it took up very little of the film. Has shades of Freddy Vs. Jason in the sense the two title characters clashed very little throughout. And I still feel it was far too soon to be doing any crossovers with this new Superman and throwing a whole new Batman into the fray who wasn't previously developed.

Do you really buy that Superman is dead for one second at the end? You know he'll be revived for the Justice League two-parter. His death would've had much more emotional impact had this been the third and final film in a solo MOS trilogy which I still feel was the way to go for this incarnation.

All in all a VERY mixed bag of a movie with as many high points as it has lows. This is a shining example of a movie that tries to have it's cake and eat it, too. It's not horrible nor particularly good, just incredibly average and unremarkable, which aren't words that should be used to describe any comic book film after the vast array of good ones to come out over the past decade. Even moreso when you take into account this is the first ever live-action Batman and Superman crossover film. There's so much wasted potential here and it's truly sad because the ingredients were there for this to be epic and it turned out so underwhelming and unremarkable. I loved Man Of Steel and it gave me hope for the rest of the DCCU but now it's hard not to be more than a little worried after this.

My rating would probably be about a 6/10. Average with some very good things about it. It's a frustrating film with all it did right mixed in with all it did wrong and how it should've been.

Zack Snyder continues to be dumb and dumber.

“It was pretty early, and [Christopher] Nolan and I had long conversation about it, a really great, sort of philosophical conversation about it. He was really cool because he played an amazing devil’s advocate about why not to do it, and then in the end was like, ‘No you’re right, it’s better to do it.’”

“We had a version that we talked about where [Superman] just—this isn’t it, but where he got frozen and shot into space or something, so he’s kinda gone. Because one of the big things I wanted to make sure of was that as we went into Justice League, Bruce Wayne was the one who was gathering the Justice League. I thought it was really important to have Bruce Wayne be the samurai who goes and finds the other samurai, that to me was important. And with Superman around it’s kinda hard, because Superman’s Superman so it’s kinda hard for Bruce to be like, ‘Yeah I wanna put a Justice League together’. It’s like, ‘Okay, but maybe Superman should be doing that. You’re just a guy. You’re a cool guy, don’t get me wrong, but you’re just a guy.’”

Source: http://collider.com/batman-v-superman-ending-justice-league/

By Zack Snyder's logic, Wonder Woman should also be frozen and shot into space.

Snyder puts way too much emphasis on one guy having to create the Justice League, when in actuality, it's as simple as either having the team unite to fight off a major event (like in the DCAU), or going through a different plot point. Justice League is about having leaders. Any one of the 7 main members could be the leader of the League. The fact that Bruce gets this much significance is ridiculous.

It's clear as day that Snyder is a Batman fan.

"After they released the trailer in December, Snyder said he spent the entire day “monitoring” the online response to see how many people would correctly guess that Doomsday = Superman’s death. And, to everyone’s surprise, very few did. “I was shocked that people did not immediately jump to the conclusion,” said Snyder. “I think they just felt like, ‘That’s impossible. They’re not going to kill Superman.’ I mean, a couple people did [figure it out], but then they were all yelled at. It was funny.” (Snyder also believes the decision to end the trailer with an internet-melting shot of “the Trinity” — i.e., Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman — threw fans off their scent.)"

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/batman-v-superman-ending-spoilers#.ecB6llv6p

They were all yelled at because it was such an outrageously stupid idea to most.

It being 'important' to him that Batman do the gathering is absolute nonsense.

The only importance in it is money. It's like Wolverine in the X-Men - they see him as the main draw from crowds and think if they don't put him in the centre of the story, it won't make as much money.

Hey hopeful, remember when I said that Batman would form the Justice League after Superman got killed off as a joke in the JL boards (ala X3)... Now it's true. :(

The only importance in it is money. It's like Wolverine in the X-Men - they see him as the main draw from crowds and think if they don't put him in the centre of the story, it won't make as much money.

I think it's utter nonsense. The type of character that goes after and searches for the rest of the metahumans doesn't change questions such as "is the story good?" and "will the GA enjoy the movie?"

I think studios are starting to put too much emphasis on main draws without thinking about the narrative structure.

Someone has to explain to me why WB/DC has such a fascination with the Death of Superman storyline. They can never seem to avoid it or allude to it.

By Zack Snyder's logic, Wonder Woman should also be frozen and shot into space.
Lucky for her he couldn't have done that because her solo movie's coming.
Snyder puts way too much emphasis on one guy having to create the Justice League, when in actuality, it's as simple as either having the team unite to fight off a major event (like in the DCAU), or going through a different plot point. Justice League is about having leaders. Any one of the 7 main members could be the leader of the League. The fact that Bruce gets this much significance is ridiculous.

It's clear as day that Snyder is a Batman fan.
I know right. He's such a Batman fanboy. His fanboy bias got into his head and made him believe that having his pet character as THE MAN was the only logical thing to do.

I hope they realise that by pissing off the fanbase of other characters they potentially leave some money on the table. Superman isn't Cyclops, you know?
Hey hopeful, remember when I said that Batman would form the Justice League after Superman got killed off as a joke in the JL boards (ala X3)... Now it's true. :(
Thought it's a bad joke too.

Just watched the film, very unsure about how I feel but sadly disappointment is pushing harder than happiness at the moment.

Very odd film. Almost like the film is so close to being great that sadly all I'm seeing is the "I wish they'd done *enter different scene/take/dialogue*" rather than what they got wrong.

The dream scenes, and Flash *whatever that was* left me cold. Maybe I'm stupid but the dreams seemed to come out of nowhere, and the Flash moment was....... rubbish imo.

I just really really want a Superman who is happy to be saving lives. Not to ignore all the ramifications, just a bit of, "yeah I'm so glad I am Superman because if I wasn't, all those people would be dead." attitude.

Lex?
Err no. There were some scenes I liked him, but for the whole, no.

Perhaps Supes isn't resurrected as a pawn of Darkseid. Maybe he "reboots" (on account of the Codex information still stored in his body) as a more pure Kryptonian, a la the Last Son/Eradicator from the "Return of Superman" storyline.

When he was in the coffin in Smallville, did the soil levitate as it cut to black? Like when he flew properly for the first time in MOS?

I'm sure I wasn't just seeing things!?!?!

I'm assuming Bruce Wayne had something to do with getting [BLACKOUT]Clark's body to Smallville[/BLACKOUT]?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"