• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Video Game Thread

I think that would be awesome...I actually kinda enjoyed the Superman Returns game but the final boss fight is a tornado?!?! REALLY???? No thanks....

It was a tornado?? Really? I never made it to the end. I couldn't take it. I did really like flying around freestyle a lot. It waa the only superman game I've ever own tho.

Or they can make a game where it is not based on Earth? Say Superman travels into space after finding traces of Krypton still around (Superman Returns idea) and then he gets lost and ends up in Apokolips where he has to battle Darkseid's and his army? then in the middle of the game some JL members turn up to help him after he gets captured and is a poisoner so you can play as other characters as well to keep the game interesting.

Before I die, I want to be able to play just one great Superman video game. Is that really too much to ask?

Any one play Lego Batman 2? I'm dying to play Superman in a game and may have to restort to that if it's worth it.

Superman rocks in this game! He has all his powers and is only weak to Kryptonite.

i really enjoyed the heck out of the Superman Returns game. sure it coulda been better but i thought it was cool and original to have a boss that was not just another dude, but the weather.

Best Superman game was on N64...still playing to this day

I once test-played the Returns game, and I had the time of my freaking life just flying through Metropolis for a minute or two. It wasn't until way later that I read that it had gotten a terrible reception.

Is there any news regarding a new Superman game?
I believe that done right, a Superman game could be one of the best superhero games ever. Imagine flying in a huge open world environment, travelling at the speed of sound, awhh that'd be awesome!! And a game that is much better that SR.

I would love if they were developing a new Superman game! :(

I'd love if Rocksteady was developing something for Superman. The only real games that are inspired by the films that I like was Spidey 2.

Is there any news regarding a new Superman game?
I believe that done right, a Superman game could be one of the best superhero games ever. Imagine flying in a huge open world environment, travelling at the speed of sound, awhh that'd be awesome!! And a game that is much better that SR.

I would love if they were developing a new Superman game! :(

Was wondering the same thing and I don't think anyone is which is a dissapointment. Less than a month away from release.

New Superman film coming out? A video game goes without saying.

^^ this.

most movie tie-in games suck. I don't want that treatment for a new Superman game.

I want the same love and care that Rocksteady put into AA and AC given to a new Superman game.

if that means a non-movie games, then so be it........

They don't always suck, Spider-Man 2 and Batman Begins both had pretty awesome games.

They don't always suck, Spider-Man 2 and Batman Begins both had pretty awesome games.

Agreed. Batman Begins the game was awesome. I played it all the way through at least 3 times. I had all the alternate outfits too. It was definitely the best Batman game i played to that point. Then along came Arkham Asylum...

The Wolverine Origins game was pretty great too...and the Ghost Rider game on PS2 was pretty fun as well as Constantine.

And although this seems unrealistic...I'd really love a Superman game where you could freely travel from street level to space with no loading screens. Perhaps not in a free roam ability...but perhaps in sections of the game. Invisible barriers would keep you from venturing out into a free roaming world...because that's just not possible. And space could be limited also.

SR the video game definitely had a.super-solid foundation. All they need to do is build upon that.

Tweek the super speed. In returns, running down the streets at high speeds didnt feel as cool as it should have.

Bigger better boss battles. The enemy types in Returns were lame. Only Mongul was fun to fight. Sometimes Metallo and Bizzarro were fun. The rest of the enemies were lame. Not to mention the final boss...

Give Supes more to do. Save people from muggings. Stop intergang from causing trouble. Stop a gang war. I dont know. Something more...

The flying was good in SR the game imo. It could of course be improved upon. But the multiple sonic booms, the violent wind resistance, hell the flying in the SR game has more in common with MOS depiction of flight than SR. Of course he should also be able to travel outside of Metropolis, how far is debatable, but this isnt Batman or Spiderman. This is Superman! He is needed all over the world. Lets see him travel a bit in the next game.

Supermans strength level made me cringe in the SR game. You should be able to lift heavier iteams!!! And please, please, please...fully destructive environments! More like the Hulk video game where super powered battles with multiple assailants routinely results in entire buildings being reduced to rubble.

Thats all I can think of right now, but there's plenty of room for improvement. But the Returns game wasnt all bad.

The good thing is that if MOS is a huge success, we'll see a superman videogame (not a tie in of course) very very soon.

From WB:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announces the Man of Steel game for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, as well as Android smartphones and tablets, will be available beginning June 14, 2013 on the App Store, Google Play and Amazon Appstore for Android. Based on DC Comics' iconic Superman character and inspired by the Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures feature film “Man of Steel,” the game is a 3D-brawler that lets players combat General Zod and his invading Kryptonian forces on both ground and air in a fast-paced mobile adventure.

Developed by Phosphor Games Studio, Man of Steel provides players with two diverse game modes. Featuring custom, console-quality cinematic sequences, Story Mode transports players directly to Smallville, the Kent Farm and other familiar settings to battle General Zod and save Earth from its destruction. In Survival Mode, fans see how long they can last against a progressively more difficult swarm of Zod’s forces. Players can share their scores with friends to see who the ultimate Man of Steel is, as well as upgrade their skills and unlock new suits by winning battles and earning experience points along the way.

“The Man of Steel game allows Superman fans to extend the movie experience and game on-the-go with their favorite characters from the ‘Man of Steel’ film,” said Greg Ballard, Senior Vice President, Mobile, Social and Emerging Platforms, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Phosphor Games delivered an addictive brawler that lets players feel the power of being a Super Hero.”

The Man of Steel App is available for $2.99 from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com. An HD version is available for $4.99 on iPad.

The game is available for $4.99 for Android smartphones and tablets from Google Play or Amazon Appstore for Android.

This summer, Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures present “Man of Steel,” starring Henry Cavill in the role of Clark Kent/Superman, under the direction of Zack Snyder. A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind. The film and mobile app will both be released concurrently on June 14, 2013.

Trailer can be seen here:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177345-man-of-steel-mobile-game-coming-next-week

Also, has anyone played the browser based games?

If this game plays like Arkham City for iOS, it'll be a great diversion. I am lamenting the fact that there don't seem to be pure flying levels, just fighting in the air. If the movie's as good as people say are saying, it'll be hard not to buy it to have something Superman. The Dark Knight Rises game was pretty good, though I about destroyed my iPad during the levels where you fly The Bat. The controls were impossible.

I'm enjoying the MOS iOS game. Just waiting for an update so I can continue the game. The hardest level by far was Zod's Lieutenants. The World Engine stage was really easy.

I've enjoyed it, too. Though the world engine stage added a bit of variety, it wasn't the most entertaining.

Excited for tomorrow's MOS skin for Injustice GAU. Anybody else getting the new DLC?

So i guess if there was a tie in MOS game or Arkum type game, we would've heard by now huh?..:(

Definitely. There won't be. Truth be told, rather than putting together crappy $60 movie based games for the PC and consoles, they've been putting together $5 Apps for iOS and Android. And some of these have been a surprise joy to play.

I think the next chance for us to see Supes in a video game is the next Arkham by Rocksteady (not Arkham Origins). The rumor is that we'll see a Silver Age JLA in the mix. Hope it's true.

i want Superman, too... they really need to make a great video game

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"