Iron Man Sequels The villain(s) of IM4 thread

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Since we are getting the Mandarin in IM3, who do you want to see in the sequel? Who's left? Which IM villain could be a threat, now that he has faced an alien invasion, a demigod AND his archnemesis?
Spymaster?
Madame Masque?
The Ghost?

wait, what demi god has ironman faced?

Unless you mean Thor? That doesn't really count, considering they were allies. And Thor was clearly out of his league.

and secondly... IM4?

I'd want to see Mandarin again. If they truly make him Iron Man's archnemesis, he needs to survive IM3 to threaten Iron Man again.

i figured we weren't getting an ironman 4

wait, what demi god has ironman faced?

Unless you mean Thor?

I'm pretty sure he meant Loki actually...

As for the actual question, as we have already seen or will see the following:
Iron Monger
Justin Hammer
Whiplash
The Mandarin
Firepower
Coldblood

and assuming we don't see any reprisals... I would like to see Controller.

Instead of mind control it could be some sort of hack/virus that allows him to Control Iron Man's suit (maybe even with Stark inside it!). That could lead to some bad press and perhaps War Machine will need to save him.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan or Javier Bardem could fit the role. I just hope RDJ, Gweneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle are still around to fill their respective shoes.

and assuming we don't see any reprisals... I would like to see Controller.

Instead of mind control it could be some sort of hack/virus that allows him to Control Iron Man's suit (maybe even with Stark inside it!). That could lead to some bad press and perhaps War Machine will need to save him.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan or Javier Bardem could fit the role. I just hope RDJ, Gweneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle are still around to fill their respective shoes.

That's not a bad idea. With some reimagining, the Controller could be interesting.

Otherwise, I think Madame Masque would be the natural choice for a fourth film.

One word:

M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. has the mental bolts, which Iron Man is vulnerable to, and he leads AIM, which in the past, has stolen all kinds of Stark tech, which ties into the theme of IM1, and the overall story arc of Iron Man as a whole, of Tony trying to correct the mistakes of his past.

Seeing an AIM-centralized story, with a movie all on it's own, would be pretty awesome in my book. And, it could open the door for some tie-in to Dr. Doom and HYDRA, as both Doom and HYDRA have been AIM clients at one time or another.

One word:

M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. has the mental bolts, which Iron Man is vulnerable to, and he leads AIM, which in the past, has stolen all kinds of Stark tech, which ties into the theme of IM1, and the overall story arc of Iron Man as a whole, of Tony trying to correct the mistakes of his past.

Seeing an AIM-centralized story, with a movie all on it's own, would be pretty awesome in my book. And, it could open the door for some tie-in to Dr. Doom and HYDRA, as both Doom and HYDRA have been AIM clients at one time or another.

actually 6 words. :p

I'd be alright never seeing M.O.D.O.K. on screen. :nono:

actually 6 words. :p

I'd be alright never seeing M.O.D.O.K. on screen. :nono:

Oh come on!

Not only is he a major Marvel villan, who could get some play in an Avenger sequel, due to his connections with Iron Man, Cap and Hulk, but he is also sometimes portrayed in a comedic fashion (such as AEMH) and could make for some funny scenes, especially trading quips with Iron Man or Thor.

:)

^Pretty much.

Also Ghost. But I'd love an all around superior Titanium Man at some point as well.

Madame Masque and Living Laser and AIM and Ghost

If Iron Man fought the Living Laser, they could also have Bethany Cabe in there as Tony's girlfriend if Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't come back. They can conflate the whole Bethany Cabe story where she goes looking for her husband which leads her to her capture in Germany. Tony can follow, using his stealth armour (the first time it was used in the comics) and later gets captured too, where he awakens to find the Living Laser holding him captive and does battle with him.

If they wanted to bring Rhodey in there too, they can always combine that story with Iron Man #211 where the Living Laser fights BOTH Iron Men and they end up flying at him from both sides and sealing him in this giant spherical mirror.

I would actually like to see Whirlwind make a movie villain debut.

:word:

I'm pretty sure he meant Loki actually...

As for the actual question, as we have already seen or will see the following:
Iron Monger
Justin Hammer
Whiplash
The Mandarin
Firepower
Coldblood

Don't forget Chen Lu is in IM3. He could become Radioactive Man in IM4.

Perhaps they should have one villain that is a physical threat and one villain that is more of a intellectual threat, like say Living Laser and Controller.

why wouldn't we get an IM4, IM5, IM6, etc....

If we can have 20 plus Bond movies, why not that many Iron Man, Thor, Cap, etc....

I agree. Not a fan of reboots unless they are absolutely necessary, I'm looking at you Batman and Robin

why wouldn't we get an IM4, IM5, IM6, etc....

If we can have 20 plus Bond movies, why not that many Iron Man, Thor, Cap, etc....
I agree. Not a fan of reboots unless they are absolutely necessary, I'm looking at you Batman and Robin
I guess what they'll have to prove is that they can make a successful fourth movie in the franchise, something that has eluded many other movie franchises. What will be a big question mark is who would play Tony Stark. If RDJ is still up for it and can still look the part by then, then it's a no-brainer--you milk that cow like Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow. If they consider changing actors, then you get a lot more doubts surrounding it, especially among the guys footing the bill.

I personally don't think we'll be getting an Iron Man 4 until Phase 4 at the earliest. I have a feelings Phase 3 will consist of mostly new franchises.

But when Iron Man 4 does happen, and I'm sure it will at some point...I think Radioactive Man would be an interesting villain since he's already appearing in IM3 in some capacity...

The real Whiplash, Melter, and Blizzard all working for Justin Hammer Sr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"