The Wachowski's and Keanu to make Plastic Man ?

I'm all for this movie. And I too would love to see an Aquaman movie. Pretty much anything from DC besides Superman and Batman.

Full Story fokes!!

Can't wait for an old school Wachowski production!:yay::yay::yay:

**UPDATE** Reader Ballack, who provided CHUD with the original details wanted to share with us the highlights of the radio interview. Here's what he wrote in his e-mail:

- James McTeigue is having a blast directing Ninja Assassin. Says its going to be an old school Hong Kong influenced fight fest whilst keeping with the traditional Japanese style.

- Looking to be a R rated movie with no exceptions being made to the integrity of choreography prepped by David Leitch and Chad Stahelski with insight on behalf of fight consultant Yuen Woo-ping.

- The Wachowski's are involved with blocking all the complex fight scenes with James taking lead on dialogue related scenes.

- Says he loves working in Berlin and is looking to move to London shortly to begin prep on the post production.

- With the nitty gritty out of the way, he started a heavy discussion on a subject known to many comic book fans called Plastic Man. This is what i have been able to recall.

- The Wachowski's are using their original 1996 script which he says would have been the most expensive movie ever made had it been green lit back then.

- With the recent disappointment regarding Speed Racer, the Brothers decided it was time to give the fans what they want (Old school Wachowski production). He says the boys are prepping the movie the way they did it on the first Matrix with the intention of blowing **** up like never before.

- Movie will focus on Action, Character and then special effects. Says the Brothers feel the world can't handle another movie ten years ahead of its time (Speed Racer), however, they will be putting action scenes together that will follow the format of the first matrix with the first half of the movie detailing the plot/character and the final half being non-stop action.

- Here's the big announcement. Joel repeated this twice, Keanu Reeves will be playing the character of Patrick "Eel" O'Brian a.k.a Plastic Man. Joel mentioned the Brothers felt it had been too long since they last collaborated and feel they will only ever now work with him for all their future movies.

- Looking for a Dec 09 release world wide. Tentative to change if effects work is delayed.

If they do like marvel 2 movie per year than I dont mind Plastic man. Now that I,m thinking I think Aquaman would be the best bet for Wb right now. Its a big risk but its worth it. Movie under water are really rare even marvel didn't try yet. So Wb could come up strong with an underwater movie like Aquaman. People saw aready Mr fantastic so maybe plastic man wont be as orriginal.

The film makers currently interested in making an Aquaman movie want to make it a comedy.

Just when JLU began healing Aquaman's image to the public they pull this ****. :(

Plastic Man's supposed to be funny, not Aquaman.

The film makers currently interested in making an Aquaman movie want to make it a comedy.

Just when JLU began healing Aquaman's image to the public they pull this ****. :(

Plastic Man's supposed to be funny, not Aquaman.

Oh lord! They re definitely on crack!:csad:

lmao the wachowskys choose the strangest things...

sorta like tim burton.

WB is a bit stupid for not having them do more popular things.
but that doesnt mean this will suck

everything they make is gold... maybe not profitable gold... but quality

It's just so funny...WB has soooo many big superheroes to choose from under the DC name.......and they choose to push Plastic Man?.....hehe

Keanu, man of no emotions, going to play PLASTIC MAN????

GImme a break.

Yeah, that's what I like to call a bad idea.

It's just so funny...WB has soooo many big superheroes to choose from under the DC name.......and they choose to push Plastic Man?.....hehe

It actually does make sense from a business/hollywood POV.
Usually a studio will go for the big profitable characters . For example with Marvel , studios first went to the big guys like X-Men and Spiderman. In WB case it's Superman and Batman. Only when the big ones become a success , will do the studios consider the lesser known franchises.

However they won't object if other production companies will move forward with those movies.
This is the case with Plastic Man.

It actually does make sense from a business/hollywood POV.
Usually a studio will go for the big profitable characters . For example with Marvel , studios first went to the big guys like X-Men and Spiderman. In WB case it's Superman and Batman. Only when the big ones become a success , will do the studios consider the lesser known franchises.

However they won't object if other production companies will move forward with those movies.
This is the case with Plastic Man.

Well maybe that's the problem with WB they just think of Batman & Superman as their only big guns but you can always make something small bigger like the flash, Aquaman, green lantern ect... Seriously right Now we really don,t need a Plastic man movie trust me!

Meh. I might catch it on DvD, *if* it happens.

Tune in for another episode of movies that nobody asked for.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37837

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MG sad :csad:

The PLASTIC MAN rumors that got started a few weeks ago are stranger, but no less credible. I remember getting the same e-mail that Devin Faraci at CHUD must have gotten, an e-mail saying that Joel Silver had just appeared on a German radio show and laid out all the details for the new Wachowski Bros. film, PLASTIC MAN.

Uhhhh... no.

I didn’t run it because I didn’t believe it. But Devin ran it a day or two later, and so I decided to dig a little. I asked around at Warner and at Silver Pictures, and they confirmed what seemed evident to me from the initial story.

Joel Silver didn’t do the German radio show. He didn’t give that interview. He didn’t spill the details on PLASTIC MAN because... wait for it... nothing’s happening with PLASTIC MAN.

Yes, there’s that old Wachowskis draft still bopping around the internet. I’m sure you can read it if you really want to. But the Wachowskis haven’t decided what to do next. They haven’t cast Keanu Reeves in the lead role, and they certainly haven’t told Joel Silver to tell the press, “After SPEED RACER, we’ve decided to only work with Keanu for the rest of our lives.”

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Let's take a character 99.9% of the general public has no idea exists, add a little Keanu, and you have a recipe for disaster.

F*** Plastic man! I Dont give! but what about batman3? Nolan is not serious! I dont believe that. thats an anti-rumor :cmad:

Plastic man will be huge. You just wait. It will be as big as Speedracer was. Heh.

Plastic man has one of the gayest costumes ever.

i think i remember seeing him on a cartoon back in the day, and it was lame because he was all about comedy.

he sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"