The Wii outsells PS3 4-1 & XBOX 360 gain

AssMan

Sidekick
Reaction score
Sony Corp.'s Playstation 3 this week incurred a three-week sales decline in Japan. The system managed to rank one game title in the top 50 software sales.

Sony VP Takao Yukara this week said that the company may consider a price cut to the PS3 in order to expand its market. The company price reduced the 20GB version in Japan prior to its release.

Sony Corp. this week announced that it released new game content to PS3 owners. The Playstation Store now features an expansion to Blast Factor and a classic PSone download for PSP.

THQ this week said that it will pop the action game Saint's Row to the PS3. The game will employ open world multiplayer online gaming this spring.

Sony this week blamed the PS3 for a $443 million loss in its game division. The company cited start up costs and lower sales of the Playstation 2 and PSP.

The Xbox 360 saw a slight sales gain this week in Japan. In addition, the console ranked one game title in the top 50 software sales.

Capcom this week said that it will deploy a new software update to the action game Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. The patch will remedy online identification and a reloading exploit.

Microsoft this week announced ten new offerings for the Xbox Live Arcade component of Xbox 360. Beginning Feb. 10, new game titles including Paperboy and Root Beer Tapper will be released as part of the Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays program.

Midway Games this week said that it will deploy the new WWII shooter Hour of Victory to the Xbox 360. The new game will utilize the Unreal Engine 3.0.

Nintendo Co.'s Wii outsold the PS3 in Japan by 4-1 in the latest market data research. The console ranked five games in the top 50 software sales in the same period.

Sega this week announced that Sonic and the Secret Rings will speed to Wii on Feb. 20. The new game employs use of the motion-sensing Wii Remote.

Wii this week remained unavailable at Best Buy's online division. Bestbuy.com disclaims that the Wii is unavailable for purchase in its initial release.

Nintendo this week dropped four new classics to the Wii's Virtual Console. New game titles include Mario Kart 64 and Contra III: The Alien Wars.

Finally, Punch Jump Brew wants to know what you think! "Does Sony need to drop the price of the PS3 to increase sales?" Head over the official Punch Jump Brew website and cast your vote on the sidebar poll and / or add a comment in the topic Brew #61 You Make The Call! and let us know how you feel!
Like Punch Jump News? Try it on a blog! Punch Jump News Blog allows readers to E-Mail, Digg, Subscribe, Comment and Receive News Alerts on all Punch Jump news articles!

http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=3714&page=2

The Wii = not an impulse buy

The Wii = not an impulse buy

Amen to that, brother. I suddenly feel vindicated, as I'm sure many people who realized the insanity of the PS3's price-points do. Maybe a price drop will actually sell the PS3s that I've seen at my local Walmart, Kmart and Target; my friend is still wondering if Wiis will ever be this readily available.

Waits for GAH and Kritish to say this isn't true.......

waits for nintendo to come with better games.( but we all know they never will).

waits for nintendo to come with better games.( but we all know they never will).

Ahh, the Sony fanboy who has never played a Nintendo game in his life and assumes that they all suck.

And if you've played them and you hate them, you need to wait until you're older to appreciate Nintendo's genius.

Nintendo wins. amazing how well the console is selling with only ONE big 1st party game. and there's a first party game pushes everyone to FINALLY buy a console, be it Smash, Mario, Metroid, Fox or even Kart.

the price cut isn't gonna do anything for the PS3. lmao, the xbox 360 hasn't even cut it's price yet.

if sony cuts it price, microsoft will for sure, and nintendo won't be too far behind. and the sales will increase, but i'm pretty sure it'll be the same percentage difference.

Ahh, the Sony fanboy who has never played a Nintendo game in his life and assumes that they all suck.

And if you've played them and you hate them, you need to wait until you're older to appreciate Nintendo's genius.

you're officially a moron. anyone who has read my comments here knows that i own a gamecube, unfortnately. but congratulations for making yourself look stupid. wii-tard.

Everyone also knows you're a Nintendo hating zealot who spends why too much time trolling these boards.

And the fact you can call Zelda boring well....let's just say you lose all credibility with Nintendo gamers or pretty much any real gamer for that matter.

im gonna get BOTH the wii and ps3.

i dont care.

both very good systems, for two very different reasons.

you're officially a moron. anyone who has read my comments here knows that i own a gamecube, unfortnately. but congratulations for making yourself look stupid. wii-tard.

I'm seldom wrong in my judgement of people, particularly over the internet. :oldrazz:

Nobody who so obviously hates Nintendo would own a Gamecube, you just threw that in to try and make yourself look unbiased. Kid, I'll give you some advice: your lies gotta be convincing for them to be successful.

And using the name of the system in an insult of me? How mature and yet unsophisticated. No, you've given Nintendo a chance, all right. Hence why you've condemned their system early on and find good games poor, if you've even played them.

You ain't foolin' nobody, boy.

Besides, anyone who owns a GC means they like Nintendo. And the wii is easily the best thing they've made since NES.

Besides, anyone who owns a GC means they like Nintendo. And the wii is easily the best thing they've made since NES.

SNES, I'd say. There's an almost neverending list of great SNES games. The great 64/GCN games? You can list all of those on your one hand, each.

The N64 and the GCN both had highlights, but nothing too spectacular. But the Wii....? I camped out overnight to get it, never did that for a system before. This one, I actually wanted to own JUST because it's so damn cool. The games are just a nice touch.

There's no doubt questioning the utter greatness of the SNES. But the N64 and GC, too, truly had "spectacular" titles that have made their way to many top ten lists. SM64, OoT, LOZ: MM, MK64, SF64, MP, MP2, etc. to name a few. But yeah, SNES was awesome. Speaking of which, Super Mario World was released on the VC today!

You forgot Goldeneye 64, GrayGhost.

I'll forgive you this one... this time... :mad:

N64 is Nintendo's greatest accomplishment. A very underrated system that while it did not have quantity had so many classics that no other system has matched the number.

I never understood why people would waste their time downing a system constantly. What advantage do you gain by doing this? Just buy the one you want and let others do the same.

SNES, I'd say. There's an almost neverending list of great SNES games. The great 64/GCN games? You can list all of those on your one hand, each.

The N64 and the GCN both had highlights, but nothing too spectacular. But the Wii....? I camped out overnight to get it, never did that for a system before. This one, I actually wanted to own JUST because it's so damn cool. The games are just a nice touch.

I dunno, I'd say you'd need both hands to name the true greats of each system since then. Hell, I'd argue the N64 was better than the SNES. And even with the GC being the weakest nintendo console, it still had eternal darkness, two fantastic LoZs, Metroid Series, Resident Evil 4 (not to mention the entire franchise) and Smash Bros.

Wouldn't the Wii selling like hotcakes further the line of thinking that it's an impulse buy? :confused:

Being an impulse buy isn't a bad thing. Having a compelling product with mindshare and consumer enthusiasm behind it is that is low in price and thus accessable to more of your potential long term customers (while still making a nice profit on each unit sold) is something every CE company wants. :confused:

Indeed I am sweetie. No wonder the kids ask why dont we fight.

Wouldn't the Wii selling like hotcakes further the line of thinking that it's an impulse buy? :confused:

Being an impulse buy isn't a bad thing. Having a compelling product with mindshare and consumer enthusiasm behind it is that is low in price and thus accessable to more of your potential long term customers (while still making a nice profit on each unit sold) is something every CE company wants. :confused:

It's the principle. An impulse buy means your **** doesn't have staying power. All style and no substance.

So... how are you enjoying all the slapped together ports? :o

Well the Wii fits the mold of being an impulse buy much easier then the 360 and PS3. Until it gets more games worth playing aside from 1 and 90 ports of old PS2 games with slapped on controls, I can understand why it would be called an impulse buy.

Hopefully Sonic atsr will be the next game worth owning on the Wii. :O

I would say it's a more across the board product than it is an impulse buy. And the fact that it has several interesting games lined up shows it has staying power. And the system JUST came out. Look at all of the current gen sytems launches, and you'll see the same thing. 1 or 2 good titles made just for it, and a bunch of crappy ports, so that argument is also meaningless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"