The Witcher 2

Yeah, I find that to be the case in a lot of RPG's, really. It's one of those things that is kinda annoying, but I can never think of a way of addressing it so I end up kinda ignoring it.

As great as The Witcher 2 is, I felt that it is still inferior to the original in terms of story and atmosphere. The first game had a feel of other-worldliness to it with a dash of horror and mystery as you encountered everything from undead to witches, vampires and werewolves. It's plot was less about dreary politics and more about the core themes of The Witcher namely - monsters, mutation and magic, with a much stronger focus on Geralt himself. The characters were more interesting and the villains that much more cunning. Some of the events were extremely well-written and the twist in the climax simply elevated the game for me to a whole new level. I mean just watch the intro to get an idea of how different the feel of the game was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMhLnRAt7eo

And of course, the score easily ranks amongst the finest gaming music I ever heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIlp3XL4oYc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfCzTcydsX0

Since the game only requires a modest PC to run it at the highest setting and is a mere seven bucks on Steam, if you can look past the slightly dated gameplay elements and a couple of annoyances here and there, you will be rewarded with an experience more immersive than in its technically superior sequel.

I didn't much care for fighting the monsters in this game, much rather of fought the human soldiers. Fighting the Kayran was really cool tho.

My family have negotiated the dark edition as part of my birthday present so I'm going to have to wait a couple of months before I get my hands on it. It's cool as I have more than enough stuff to get through right now. Glad you guys liked it. How long did the campaign take?

My family have negotiated the dark edition as part of my birthday present so I'm going to have to wait a couple of months before I get my hands on it. It's cool as I have more than enough stuff to get through right now. Glad you guys liked it. How long did the campaign take?

I think I beat it in like 15 hours, but I did maybe 3 side quests.

I just got the first game from gog.com for $4.99. Took the chance, and apparently my PC appears to be able to run it. Which was...unexpected.

Oh, and I'm getting a kick out of the fact that the last two fantasy genre games I've played have had a quest that's reminded me of "The Hangover", by having the main character get ****ing wasted and then piece together what the hell happened.

Oh wow, where was that quest at? For both titles actually.

In Witcher 2, when you exit the inn go up the stairs of the building next door to your right. Roche's people are in there, talk to 'em. Hahah I think my fave thing about it was

Geralt buying hookers to try and ride them across the sea... lol, greatness. :D

In Skyrim, eventually a guy will show up in the bar of any hold challenging you to a drinking contest. I'm not sure of his name but he's easy to miss if you don't keep an ear out for him.

They both have their merits but I thought the one in Skyrim was a lot funnier.

Ya know, iv started playing this game over again, but i honestly dont know why. I mean i make the SAME choices. I can't play a game like this as anyone other than 'me'. Like i have to make the choices i would make. Its why i could never play Mass Effect as a pure evil dude, id always go paragon. At the most id make him even, but i could never pick the pure a**hole path. Altho this time, I'm gonna hit those side missions.

Ha. I had the a similar problem with the Mass Effect games and the first Dragon Age. The way I did things my first time through feels "right" to me, and I any time I deviate from that it just feels super weird.

I'm going to try to force myself to play through The Witcher differently the next time though. Apparently, unlike Bioware games, your decisions really do have a very big impact on the game.

I'm having a bit of trouble playing through it the first time though. It just hasn't grabbed me yet.

In Witcher 2, when you exit the inn go up the stairs of the building next door to your right. Roche's people are in there, talk to 'em. Hahah I think my fave thing about it was

Geralt buying hookers to try and ride them across the sea... lol, greatness. :D

In Skyrim, eventually a guy will show up in the bar of any hold challenging you to a drinking contest. I'm not sure of his name but he's easy to miss if you don't keep an ear out for him.

They both have their merits but I thought the one in Skyrim was a lot funnier.

Hahaha....yeah....

Trying to ride them across the sea is the craziest ****ing part. That, and Geralt getting a tattoo of a naked chick on his neck.

They both wound up pretty crazy. The Witcher 2 in more of a, "I did what..?!" way.

Last edited:
spacer.gif

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition

Review - *NUDITY* Premiering on console with new content, does The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition...
plat_pc_default.gif
plat_xb360_default.gif

new.gif

Posted 23 hours ago

source:GT

Anyone else enjoy reading the quest recaps? They're surprisingly well written lol, I stop to read em after every quest.

Yeah, they do a good job of sort of calling back to The Witcher's roots. They ultimately read like short stories and are pretty well written.

Question.

I don't game on PC that often. So i missed the first. But I'm interested in getting this for Xbox. Is it still worth checking out? or will I be lost?

It doesn't lean on the first game too much so you're good. :up:

I might be getting a new video card today or tomorrow... if it actually works I should be able to play through the first game hahah.

Question.

I don't game on PC that often. So i missed the first. But I'm interested in getting this for Xbox. Is it still worth checking out? or will I be lost?

You won't really be lost at all. Theres enough filler in there. I never played the first one either and at no point did i feel lost.

It doesn't lean on the first game too much so you're good. :up:

I might be getting a new video card today or tomorrow... if it actually works I should be able to play through the first game hahah.

You won't really be lost at all. Theres enough filler in there. I never played the first one either and at no point did i feel lost.

Thanks. Good to Know. Will definitely pick this up :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"