The Witcher 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPat2280

SELLING...PERFECTION
Reaction score
en_9ff204f2_zps7a096b2c.jpg

CDPR has teased fans with this image. Could it be the Witcher 3?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/15/the-witcher-3-potentially-teased-by-new-image

Yes!!

I still have to finish Witcher 2 though.

Some info:

World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's

30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback

New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)

Geralt's Memory is restored

No chapters/acts

Dude is f***ing DONE fighting for everyone else

Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters

Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles - I'd say that confirms next-gen is in.

It'll be for the next generation of consoles?

It'll be for the next generation of consoles?

Looks that way.

Which if thats the case, this is the first game announced that will force me to purchase one of the new systems.

Damn, still haven't played the first two games. Bought The Witcher 1 a while ago on Steam, but then got distracted by other stuff.

Yeah, i am suddenly more excited for this game than I am for anything else ever.

Time to read the books again :p

That's gonna be amazing on a next gen machine!!

ProjectPat2280 said:
How are they? When do they take place storyline wise compared to the games?

They're really, really good. They kind of fit in perfectly because they're all sort of 'tales of Geralt's Life' like the Conan the Barbarian stories, if you ever read them. The first Witcher book is a collection of stories that are in chronological order and they thread together. It's less about his back story and more about his characters... How he met Yennefer, how he met Dandelion etc. Also, there are little stories here and there you realise have been referenced in the games too (Like the CGI trailer for the first Witcher game is basically the first and most classic Witcher tale).

It also just adds a heap more awesome stuff to the Witcher Lore. The next two books are more like novels that are all part of the one big story. It's cool because the whole memory loss thing Geralt had in the games meant that it wasn't seperate canon, the games take place AFTER the books I'm pretty sure.

Also, do yourself a favour and never watch the TV series unless you're REALLY jonesing for more Geralt :p Or unless you're drunk and you want a laugh.

My body isn't ready for this. I must prepare.

They're really, really good. They kind of fit in perfectly because they're all sort of 'tales of Geralt's Life' like the Conan the Barbarian stories, if you ever read them. The first Witcher book is a collection of stories that are in chronological order and they thread together. It's less about his back story and more about his characters... How he met Yennefer, how he met Dandelion etc. Also, there are little stories here and there you realise have been referenced in the games too (Like the CGI trailer for the first Witcher game is basically the first and most classic Witcher tale).

It also just adds a heap more awesome stuff to the Witcher Lore. The next two books are more like novels that are all part of the one big story. It's cool because the whole memory loss thing Geralt had in the games meant that it wasn't seperate canon, the games take place AFTER the books I'm pretty sure.

Also, do yourself a favour and never watch the TV series unless you're REALLY jonesing for more Geralt :p Or unless you're drunk and you want a laugh.
Books are lot of fun. The fan translations are also very strong. Really enhances the game experience imo. It is hard to imagine why Yennefer would be such a big deal without having read the books. Still prefer Triss though.

Last edited:
Yeah, Yennefer really gets explained properly in the books. You realise her significance to Geralt. It also makes Triss's thing with Geralt feel a lot more complex.

For me the books have me dreading Yennefer's return. She just isn't good for Geralt. Triss has her made her mistakes, but she does truly care for him and doesn't feel the need to exploit his feelings for her.

After the events of the last game id like to think Triss and Geralt will be pretty secure, but who knows?

Apparently thats up to the player. Apparently you can choose to completely ignore the 'save triss' main quest and that has consequences.

Apparently thats up to the player. Apparently you can choose to completely ignore the 'save triss' main quest and that has consequences.

Hmm. Wonder if at all, that will play into the next game?

I think this is going to be the final game.

I think this is going to be the final game.

I think this will be the end of this storyline/trilogy, but I think they will make more Witcher games.

But the info released today has been excellent. This game has so much potential. Actual monster hunting, the possible appearance of Ciri, a revamp of the combat, the invasion of the North and the Wild Hunt. So awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"