Sequels The X-Men/Fantastic 4 Crossover Official Thread

HIA

Civilian
Reaction score
New inside info!

X-Men-Fantastic-Four-Crossover-Movie.jpg

X4

No, we’re not talking about a fourth X-Men film. We’re talking a X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover film which a source has told us is (unsurprisingly) is “in the works” and “might actually be set in the present with some of the original X-Men cast”. If the film is indeed happening, it’s likely in the very early stages of development with them focusing on Apocalypse and Fantastic Four currently.

http://www.eatgeekplay.com/after-apocalypse-whats-next-for-the-x-men-film-franchise/

:hubba

Inb4 people say it can't happen because they know all the details of the contracts

:down

Not this again. Really hoping Fox doesn't go this route.

Focus on the X-Men films (Deadpool, Gambit, X-Force, New Trilogy etc), and getting F4 past a second film that is well received. Then get a Silver Surfer film going on. Cross him over into F4. And if that's a success then we'll talk.

There's no need for 4 other non mutant members to steal time away from the X-Men who still have much needed screen time desired. There is a reason the X-Men don't get half the complaints F4 does not being a part of the MCU with Marvel. They have enough on their own.

Fox is on a good path with X-Men. No need to **** it up.

Last edited:
By slow it better be at least 15 years. I would see it as a way from them just trying to leach off X-Mens sucess, since F4 havn't had any for awhile.

I still don't think it's happening cause it's overkill with a non proven property. They sound somewhat sketchy/unsure about the "source" themselves. Really would like this rumor to come to a halt.

Last edited:
Well at the very least the crossover should come after F4 2. So by 2019 or so

Hopefully F4 is great and then they get more freedom with the sequel

Don't you have a major problem with everything having to be an expanded shared universe Cycwasright? This would really be one of the more forced attempts out there.

this is more than likely the confirmed 2018 date, and yeah, this would be after Fantastic four 2, so.... pretty fine, if you ask me. Two movies for the f4 by their own, then the crossover, enough time to make the audience meet and connect to the reboot.

Don't you have a major problem with everything having to be an expanded shared universe Cycwasright? This would really be one of the more forced attempts out there.

I'm not over the moon about it. But I won't dismiss it either. Fox has been excellent lately

If F4 follows the pattern of small and personal origin followed by big blockbuster sequelkke First Class > DOFP and Rise of The Planet of The Apes > Dawn of The Planet of The Apes then it should be a good franchise.

I'd prefer expansion of the Mutant world to a crossover though but if F4 is good then i'd be open to them existing in the same universe.

Crossing over will be difficult for this though unless they find a way to introduce Franklin Richards or have F4 as mutants in the eyes of the public instead of celebrities

have u guys read the article? it talks about all proyects, lol, not just about this crossover. They mention we'll probably hear about X-Force after Deadpool movie, so its not like Fox will stop doing x-men related movies lol

I'm not over the moon about it. But I won't dismiss it either. Fox has been excellent lately

So has Marvel though. If everyone is making good films, I just don't understand the issues you have always seemed to have with it.
I'd prefer expansion of the Mutant world to a crossover though but if F4 is good then i'd be open to them existing in the same universe.

Crossing over will be difficult for this though unless they find a way to introduce Franklin Richards or have F4 as mutants in the eyes of the public instead of celebrities
Agreed. I also think if they get Deadpool and Surfer going strong at least Fox's world will look bigger then just the two properties they mashed together.
have u guys read the article? it talks about all proyects, lol, not just about this crossover. They mention we'll probably hear about X-Force after Deadpool movie, so its not like Fox will stop doing x-men related movies lol
They just listed everything we have already known though. There's nothing really new there. It's speculation on spinn offs mostly.

We know X-Force has a script by Wadlow. Tatum is Gambit and they want a solo. There's an unconfirmed X TV show in the making. Donner mentioned New Mutants in past interviews. And then there's the F4 crossover rumors which have been denied plenty of times only to be rumored again. Including a few days ago.

Doesn't really leave the main team anywhere except a F4 crossover off movie.

Last edited:
I don't know who would put any stock into this purely speculative report. "We've heard from sources..." comically unoriginal... but "unsurprising" coming from a site like this. When the trades report this, we will have some traction. Right now, I am going with, "contractually unable to bridge these two properties" until further notice.

this is exactly the reporter who leaked the X-Factor thing, so I guess he has actual sources

The last thing Fox needs to do after finally resuscitating the X-Men franchise from the depths it had sunk after Last Stand and Origins is to shackle it with their deeply unpopular Fantastic Four remake. It will hurt the X-Men franchise far more than help

That would be like the Denver Broncos losing in the Super Bowl last year and deciding the move they need to make to put them over the top is replacing Peyton Manning with Josh Freeman.

Keep the X-Men far, far away from the Craptastic Four.

Last edited:
after Apocalypse movie with the iconic x-men returning, I doubt the audience will lost interest. The franchise will just go higher and higher.

And once they do Deadpool and Wolverine 3 too, the fanbase of this universe will get even bigger yet. Fox has nothing to worry about, having such a huge universe

Of course, because the X-Men and the FF are so well known for their crossovers.

All joking aside, they have very little to no history together. Ironically, both have far stronger ties to Spider-Man and the Avengers.

after Apocalypse movie with the iconic x-men returning, I doubt the audience will lost interest. The franchise will just go higher and higher.

And once they do Deadpool and Wolverine 3 too, the fanbase of this universe will get even bigger yet. Fox has nothing to worry about, having such a huge universe

This franchise was already in deep trouble once, not even five years ago. It can happen again if they make bad decisions.

The last thing Fox needs to do after finally resuscitating the X-Men franchise from the depths it had sunk after Last Stand and Origins is to shackle it with their deeply unpopular Fantastic Four remake. It will hurt the X-Men franchise far more than help

That would be like the Denver Broncos losing in the Super Bowl last year and deciding the move they need to make to put them over the top is replacing Peyton Manning with Josh Freeman.

Keep the X-Men far, far away from the Craptastic Four.
Pretty much.
this is exactly the reporter who leaked the X-Factor thing, so I guess he has actual sources

That's not confirmed either though and is just a rumor at this point. Time will tell, if there's any truth.

I don't think we have anything to go off on if that site has had any scoops that panned out.

Last edited:
If the insider or source cannot shed any light on the relationships between these two properties with respect to the current deals in place, then I put no stock whatsoever in any report regarding a crossover, as the source is probably nobody relevant at Fox that would be privy to top inside information. Yeah, I could also spew off a half dozen potential projects and hit on one that actually hits theaters or television in the next 3-4 years.

The only link i can see is the Celestials because Galactus and Apocalypse have history with them. So a good writers can do a interesting story .

Singer said X men Apoc will explore origins of mutant .

“It will also address historical mutant-cy, meaning the deep past, mutant origins and things like that. It’s something that’s always intrigued me when we think about our Gods and our history and miracles and powers.”

If Fox has the right, the Celestials is maybe the way to go .

Last edited:
It really depends on how good the F4 reboot goes.

I do agree, though, that X-Men has a lot of characters that could be introduced one at a time through solo films or spin offs (Wolverine, Gambit, Deadpool), leading up to the ensemble films, similar to Marvel's, which could just be something like X-Men 5. "Phase 1" could be Apocalypse-related (the prequel in the 80's, the TV show,one or two solo films, a spin-off, and then a concluding X5). Or something like that.

They have something pretty big planned by now. The "universe" idea was being put together white a while ago.

I am not jumping for joy for X-Men/FF but let's wiat and see.

And noone knows how the FF reboot will tune out yet.The idea of them crossing
with OT cast Is new one.

That's doubtful. Celestials were featured in GOTG.

You are maybe right but it isn't sure. It is possible the Celestials are like Quicksilver, Wanda or Viper. Someone have a link for information ? They are part of Apocalypse 's origins so maybe Fox has the right .

I am pretty sure we will see alien tech in Apocalypse ( Celestiale or Shiar empire) .
In fact, X men franchise can go in the cosmic world like F4 .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"