• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

BvS Themyscira aspect in Superman/Batman

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
I don't really know if Themyscira is going to make its appearance here on future movies. Rumors said that they are designing it and they don't know if they use CGI or film location.
So what do you think Themyscira is going to look, floating island, invisible island, a rare island.
Location?
how do you like to look like? Thoughts?
Themyscira-floating.jpg

JLU nailed the look. I imagine it looking similar to Sparta in 300

wwanimatedmovie_images004_jpg.jpg

Themyscira33.jpg

Themyscira.jpg

I think a combination of these could be great!!!

I would like to see something like this (from the upcoming Wonder Woman: Earth One):

http://comicsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ww1.jpg

http://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/wonder-woman-earth-one.jpg

I would like the buildings to be based on Greek/Roman architecture, but for there to be modern design elements to show that the Amazons continued to develop their knowledge about science, technology, etc even though they were isolated from the rest of the world. So, I would like to see street lamps, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of the "floating" island. I think it being a "regular" island is fine and that it is simply magically (or technologically) shielded.

I would like to see something like this (from the upcoming Wonder Woman: Earth One):

http://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/wonder-woman-earth-one.jpg

I would like the buildings to be based on Greek/Roman architecture, but for there to be modern design elements to show that the Amazons continued to develop their knowledge about science, technology, etc even though they were isolated from the rest of the world. So, I would like to see street lamps, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of the "floating" island. I think it being a "regular" island is fine and that it is simply magically (or technologically) shielded.

Nice designs. When is the release date for that comic?

Definitely this.

The way Morrison describes it on Kevin Smiths podcast is fascinating too. That the architecture will be very feminine and dome based, but haunted by the phallic memory of Hercules and the men. He also said that the bonds and chains they've fetishized into abstract code.

I can definitely see Snyder going nuts on this. A paradise island of only women. Yeah.

To the OP, i have yet to hear rumors about Themyscira. Do you have a source?

To the OP, i have yet to hear rumors about Themyscira. Do you have a source?
I don't remember if it was from LR, Forbes or Variety but when the delayment annnouncement was said, an article from this which said that it was one of the causes that they weren't sure if they're gonna put Themyscira in the movie by CGI or film location.

Last edited:
Who knows what parts of Themyscira we will see...

From Justice League: The Animated Series
Themyscira_Justice_League.jpg

From Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
Themyscira_Sups_Bats_Apocalypse.jpg

From Wonder Woman: The Animated Movie
Themyscira_WW_movie.jpg

From Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Themyscira_flashpoint.jpg

From Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Themiscyra_mortalkombat.jpg

themyscira.jpg

From the unaired NBC Wonder Woman pilot
2011_Wonder_Woman_Pilot_Themyscira_Industries.jpg

Last edited:
Nice designs. When is the release date for that comic?

It's Grant Morrison working on what will likely be his definitive Wonder Woman story, he's also working with Yanick Paquette.

Given, it's been in the works for around 18 months, I'd say by around Spetember hopefully.

But then again Multiversity was delayed from 2012 to a "definite" summer 2013 release.

Didn't Latino Reviews scoop say Themyscira was going to be worn torn country in Europe?

:lmao:

It's Grant Morrison working on what will likely be his definitive Wonder Woman story, he's also working with Yanick Paquette.

Given, it's been in the works for around 18 months, I'd say by around Spetember hopefully.

But then again Multiversity was delayed from 2012 to a "definite" summer 2013 release.
thanks for the info :up: ;)

Didn't Latino Reviews scoop say Themyscira was going to be worn torn country in Europe?

:lmao:

Did they? my god these guys are using the scatter gun approach. Spread rumours hoping one sticks. :funny:

Themyscira reminds me of Octopussy's lair in 'Octopussy'.

Vijay: Is he still there?
Q: You must be joking. 007 on an island populated exclusively by women? We won't see him till dawn.

:oldrazz:

I would love if Themyscira was secretly the setting of the movie's third act.

wwanimatedmovie_images004_jpg.jpg

Themyscira33.jpg

Themyscira.jpg

I think a combination of these could be great!!!

Who knows what parts of Themyscira we will see...

From Justice League: The Animated Series

From Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

From Wonder Woman: The Animated Movie
Themyscira_WW_movie.jpg

From Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
Themyscira_flashpoint.jpg

From Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Themiscyra_mortalkombat.jpg

themyscira.jpg

From the unaired NBC Wonder Woman pilot

I was hoping the focus for this movie would be mostly on Metropolis and Gotham, but if we do see Themyscira, something like these would be nice.

They should save the discovery of Themyscira to WW's solo movie. Paradise Island is too big of a reveal. It could work as one of their cliffhangers though.

There is no going to be Themyscira in this because everything in the DC movieverse needs to be realzzz...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"