• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

There may be a very nasty recession in 2007.

Mr Sparkle said:
you mean like the 2001 imaginary recession? or the 1989 "economic downturn":o

those werent imaginary but incase you havent noticed, its not 2007 yet :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fred_Fury said:
those weret imaginary but incase you havent noticed, its not 2007 yet :eek: :eek: :eek:

yeah, you might not have noticed but if economist predict recession less than 6 months from now, you should start saving your money.:o

i dont know if i buy this. I mean there might be a recession- but thinking itll effect everyone? i dunno.

whenever an economist talks the first thing i do is prepare to be "spun".

Whenver i read the fine print in the "everything's coming up roses" articles form the past 4 years, i'd see that most of the "job creation" was in low paying sectors, that companies reporting massive profits were still laying off their skilled workers, and so on.

So when i read, now, that housing prices are dropping the first thing i think is: great. maybe i can finally afford to buy a place now.

Economics is largely a revered set of smoke and mirrors.

Danalys said:
so who's bush gonna blame this on?

Liberals, gays, terrorists, Iran, North Korea or the U.N, so take your pick.

maxwell's demon said:
i dont know if i buy this. I mean there might be a recession- but thinking itll effect everyone? i dunno.

whenever an economist talks the first thing i do is prepare to be "spun".

Whenver i read the fine print in the "everything's coming up roses" articles form the past 4 years, i'd see that most of the "job creation" was in low paying sectors, that companies reporting massive profits were still laying off their skilled workers, and so on.

So when i read, now, that housing prices are dropping the first thing i think is: great. maybe i can finally afford to buy a place now.

Economics is largely a revered set of smoke and mirrors.

I agree with you.

I've been eyeing this house down the street from where I live that's been for sale for about 4 months and is currently about 20,000 more than I want to spend on it.

So I'm welcoming this 'house selling' recession.

warlord? i miss jonty. please bring him back.

all the "warlord" moniker has brought us is more freely given information about your penis and its sizual inadequaceis than any of us ever wanted to know:(

maxwell's demon said:
warlord? i miss jonty. please bring him back.

all the "warlord" moniker has brought us is more freely given information about your penis and its sizual inadequaceis than any of us ever wanted to know:(

Jonty has died and Dew has forbidden his prescence.

I don't think War Lord meant any harm. Just his sense of humor.

sinewave said:
i did. the answer is "you're a a *****e." moving on...

It is an answer to an unasked question and the asked question remains unanswered.

raybia said:

I never mean harm, people should know that by now. :(

War Lord said:
It is an answer to an unasked question and the asked question remains unanswered.

what does your wife do again?

raybia said:

nah, trust me, i've known him long enough. he's a *****e.

sinewave said:
what does your wife do again?

She does whatever she wants and if I find her, I'll let you know what she does.

sinewave said:
nah, trust me, i've known him long enough. he's a *****e.

By your incredibly and impossibly high standards.

War Lord said:
2 billion would only develop about 8 Spiderman sequels.

*snicker.

Yes and 1237 from the real amount spent on the war.

War Lord said:
By your incredibly and impossibly high standards.

he only means that you make women feel good again after they get that "not so fresh feeling".:(

learn to take a complement:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"