• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

They Say He Drinks Blood: The Rumours and Speculation Thread

Scarecrow surprises me, but I’ll take it.

Just hate that Catwoman is never mentioned in any of the rumors…
If you believe the first post about Hush and Dick Grayson being in the movie, it was reported in that same message that everyone who was alive at the end of the first movie would be returning.

Weird to see Gunn debunking on behalf of Reeves, but I guess that’s the new DCU we‘re living in. As for the “totally made up,” surely there’s some truth, right? We’ve been getting rumors about Clayface for months now...unless it’s all been completely baseless?

I could see Professor Pyg as an opening sequence villain; maybe tie his surgeon-background to the creation of Clayface (or Hush)—maybe Reeves is amalgamating the two characters in the sequel? All in service of some mast scheme to impersonate/replace Bruce Wayne...?

Overall, I like the idea of having main antagonists that haven’t been utilized yet (or portrayed well) in live action. It’s one of the reasons I think people are also clamoring for Mr. Freeze…

Like I said, Scarecrow’s inclusion would surprise me. Although I like the character, and think Reeves would have an interesting take, I’d much rather see Jeremiah Arkham or Hugo Strange in this series to fill that antagonistic psychologist/psychiatrist role, especially if Bruce finds himself locked up in Arkham. Bonus points if they use Jeremiah Arkham and make him related to Bruce (uncle, perhaps?). Then, you can explore a bit more of that Martha backstory.

If you believe the first post about Hush and Dick Grayson being in the movie, it was reported in that same message that everyone who was alive at the end of the first movie would be returning.

I hope…

Weird to see Gunn debunking on behalf of Reeves, but I guess that’s the new DCU we‘re living in. As for the “totally made up,” surely there’s some truth, right? We’ve been getting rumors about Clayface for months now...unless it’s all been completely baseless?
Would it really be that surprising if none of it was? Even the original Deadline Clayface report clarified that they heard that Clayface was in the movie but it was all in flux and could easily change.

Would it really be that surprising if none of it was? Even the original Deadline Clayface report clarified that they heard that Clayface was in the movie but it was all in flux and could easily change.
Clayface seems like a very specific character, though.

It’s not like you could swap him out with Mad Hatter or Mr. Freeze and still get the same story—at least not when looking at the source material. Admittedly, it’s a limited view and Reeves could surprise us, which is why I could see a world where Clayface is amalgamated with Tommy Elliot/Hush (who’s also been heavily rumored, regardless of the recent post that Gunn debunked).

Exactly, what's the point in debunking rumors?

Ok, the period "zero news, thousands of rumors" is masochistic for the fans, but...
Really, why? I don't get it.

Clayface seems like a very specific character, though.

It’s not like you could swap him out with Mad Hatter or Mr. Freeze and still get the same story—at least not when looking at the source material. Admittedly, it’s a limited view and Reeves could surprise us, which is why I could see a world where Clayface is amalgamated with Tommy Elliot/Hush (who’s also been heavily rumored, regardless of the recent post that Gunn debunked).
I mean Deadline could've simply ****ed up. Their wording was pretty bizarre, they're well known for writing their articles absolutely terribly and it wouldn't be the first time they screwed up (They were convinced Lex was gonna be african american in Legacy)

Ok, the period "zero news, thousands of rumors" is masochistic for the fans, but...
I hate these rumors so I'm happy he's debunking them! Does zero harm and it's something he clearly enjoys doing.

Yep. The way I see it, rumors and speculations are half the fun anticipating these movies. It's also the very fuel of boards like this.
At least, that's what it used to be.

If any of the characters in that leak are in the movie at most I could see 2 of them being there for Gunn to use language as definitive as "Totally made up."

So let's check pros and cons for each one.

SCARECROW
Pros:
-THR named him as one of the possible spinoff projects.
-Bobatalks says he is in The Penguin and seems to have seen really strong evidence towards that fact.
-DCEUleaks verified sources also said a Scarecrow movie is in development by Reeves.
-Even tho Gunn denied the rumor if only Scarecrow and some other dude was in the movie opposed to the five mfers they named he'd still be correct in his denial and phrasing of it.
Cons:
-Gunn's denial but that was already addressed
-It's the first time BobaTalks has ever "scooped" anything so who knows if it's true even tho he seemed pretty convinced and heavily implied he directly saw set pics.
So 4 pros, 2 cons.
HUSH
Pros:
-Matt said he'd like to adapt him.
-There was an easter egg of him in the first movie.
-Mattson posted a picture of the comic like a year ago
-Supposedly Mattson teased him to a fan in a convention according to unverified sources at DCEUleaks
Cons:
-Matt said that way before he sat down to write the script and said it didnt mean he was gonna do Hush.
-Mattson could've just been trolling with that twitter post
-That bit was unverified and even if it happened Mattson could've been trolling.
4 pros, 3 cons.
CLAYFACE
Pros:
-He was mentioned amongst the Reeves spin-offs by THR.
-He was mentioned by DCEUleaks another Reeves spin-off in development several times.
-Deadline said he's a "big addition to The Batman Part ll"
Cons:
-This covers the first 2 points but: It's more than likely that the Clayface movie is gonna be DCU instead.
-The way Deadline phrased it was bizarre and given their pretty terrible track record in regards to redacting articles it'd not be surprising if they simply ****ed up the wording.
3 pros, 3 cons.
PROFESSOR PYG
Pros:
-He was mentioned amongst the Reeves spin-offs by THR.
Cons:
-That's the only time he was ever mentioned a full year ago and we haven't heard anything since.
-Notable by his absence on the DCEUleaks verified reports.
1 pro, 2 cons.
DICK GRAYSON
Pros:
-Reeves said that maybe he'd be interested on doing Robin back in the press tour for the first film
Cons:
-He never said anything about Dick Grayson specifically.
-The person that first mentioned him was MyTimeToShineHello, a known bull****ter.
-The only other time mentioned was on the DanielRPK report which Gunn debunked.
1 pro, 3 cons.

So in regards to most likely to least likely:

1. Scarecrow (4 pros - 2 cons= 2 points)
2. Hush (4 pros - 3 cons= 1 point)
3. Clayface (3 pros - 3 cons= 0 points)
4. Professor Pyg (2 pros - 3 cons= -1 point)
5.Dick Grayson ( 1 pro - 3 cons= -2 points)

If only one of those characters is in the movie I expect it to be Crane and if it's 2 then Crane and Hush.

Last edited:
I also don't trust what James Gunn says.
Yep. Again, he's not Cool Edgy Directorman anymore - he is the CEO of a major film division doing targeted PR. I'm sure his various waste of time twitter dunkings are littered with half truths and exact language loopholes.

Also RPK is literally not standing by his report anymore either way. He literally said he got it from a grid and grids can be wrong. So yes, it was more likely than not bull****, tho 1 or 2 villains there may appear, but the bulk of it was BS.

James Gunn might not be lying about this, but I think his statements should not be taken as total gospel.

But I also think the rumors sound fake and are not true.

Yeah, I bought the Robin and Hush stuff to the extent one ever buys leaks from anyone but ViewerAnon but once they threw eight million others into it Danny Boy lost me.

James Gunn might not be lying about this, but I think his statements should not be taken as total gospel.

But I also think the rumors sound fake and are not true.
I think he kinda has a very particular way of speaking in regards to the stuff that he wants to be careful about debunking. A good example is a year ago when he said "We're not recasting everyone except the Suicide Squad" and it turned out that what he meant was he not recasting Blue Beetle either. That is the exact type of doublespeak he does in these type of situations. Or when he said "I never said The Authority is in Superman Legacy" and it turns out that only some members are.

But in regards to his debunkings. I don't know. He's been CEO of DC for an entire year now and I can't think of any time he was flat out caught on a lie when debunking something. There are things he's more than definitely been bull****ting about for PR reasons (his enthusiasm over all the DC movies that came out this year except Aquaman) but I can't really recall any time he debunked a scooper with language as definitive as "Not true. Totally made up" and the scooper turned out to be right. There are a couple times that I thought he was BSing in those type of situations but even in those ones he ended up being truthful.

I can buy 1 or 2 of those villains being here especially since the evidence for Crane and Hush specifically lines up, but the bulk of it, and especially the Grayson stuff which is the most flimsy, does strike me as false.

Yeah, I bought the Robin and Hush stuff to the extent one ever buys leaks from anyone but ViewerAnon but once they threw eight million others into it Danny Boy lost me.
Even ViewerAnon no one should buy any leaks from him about a film that isn't test-screening yet tbh

yeah, I would count that as lying lol. Or like when he said Elordi hadn't auditioned for Superman because no one had auditioned, which was true, but we also now know that he declined an offer to audition, which you defiantly shouldn't put out there, but that begs the question: why address it at all?

Even ViewerAnon no one should buy any leaks from him about a film that isn't test-screening yet tbh
ViewerAnon is universally considered the most reliable source for BTS movie stuff on the internet, dude. No one is even in close competition with him. He's more likely to get things wrong at that stage, for sure, but he's the only "scooper" anyone should pay any attention to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"