This Is Not Reed Richards!!!

celldog

Sidekick
Reaction score
celldog said:
SINCE WHEN HAS REED BEEN SUCH A STICKLER FOR THE RULE OF LAW???? Anybody remember the "Authoratative Action" storyline??? What was that...2 years ago??? :cmad: Reed didn't care if he pissed off the whole world!! He went in and took over Latervia!! Why? Because it was the right thing to do!!
celldog said:
Read this:
More recently, Doctor Doom abandoned his technological prowess for the study and mastery of magic in order to defeat the Fantastic Four. Doom was able to capture the Four and to trap the Richards’ son Franklin in Hell itself. He tortured the Four while leaving Reed imprisoned in an arcane library. Hoping to humiliate his rival, Doom forced Reed to find an escape by using the magic available in the library. The spirit form of Doctor Strange appeared and helped Reed escape, then gave him a magical device capable of breaching Doom's defenses. In the final battle, Reed succeeded in freeing his son from Hell and trapping Doom inside.

Reed then embarked on a plan that would completely rid the world of Doom's weapons of mass destruction and free his oppressed people of Latveria. The United Nations warned Reed not to take international law into his own hands, but when met with Reed’s indifference, the UN sent a multinational strike force to undo Reed’s coup d'etat. Reed also neglected to fully explain his plans to the other members on the team, which ended up alienating them. Reed, for his part, was completing the second part of his plan, to ensure that Doom would remain trapped from Earth's dimension forever. Reed hoped to exile himself into the same pocket-dimension prison as Doom so that he could personally make sure Doom would never escape. However, he kept his true agenda a secret from his family, and in the end, the rest of the Fantastic Four entered the dimension as well. This allowed Doctor Doom to escape using his mind-swapping abilities, hitching a ride back to Earth in the body of the Invisible Woman. Doom continued to switch bodies among the Four during the battle that raged between the Four, Doom, and the UN as well. Doom ultimately transferred his mind into the Thing's rocky form. Doom then manipulated Richards into obliterating his enemy the only way possible: by killing the Thing.

The trauma of the Thing's death tore the family apart. Richards, however, determined a spark of life remained in the Thing's body and led the remaining members of the Fantastic Four into Heaven itself in hopes of retrieving his friend's soul. Ultimately, the Thing agreed to return from Heaven rather than allow Richards to blame himself for Ben's death.

In addition, Richard's involvement with Latveria nearly branded the team as traitors. With its public relations severely undercut, Richards forfeited his patents to the government to avoid imprisonment. This left the team broke and virtual social pariahs. The Fantastic Four continue to explore the ordinary and the extraordinary, to fight evil and to adventure, while also starting from scratch to rebuild their fortune and their good name.

Reed has always been a man of action....a risk taker....a frikkin' leader!!! What is going on here???????? He's smarter than Stark!! He's a war veteran!!

panel_ff051b.jpg

Give us the real Reed Richards!! :cmad: Not this doppleganger!!!

This ticks me off!

Reed's definitely acting out of character.

JMS has really screwed up the FF's cast of characters. And to think I gave him the complete benefit of the doubt. I even started a positive thread for the guy when his run first began.

Good riddance, JMS.

Go screw up Thor now. :mad:

Extreme circumstances make people act out of character sometimes, maybe only for a short time, but certainly not acting as some think they should.

Considering that in both Amazing Spider-man and the new FF, we have the same key scene where Reed relates the story about his oddball uncle telling McCarthy to go to Hell, and Peter gently suggests that perhaps Reed took the wrong lesson from his Uncle's subsequent downfall...
I think Reed's surely gonna see the light, too.
My guess is that Peter will be losing the fight with Stark because Tony will have him at a disadvantage-he designed the "Iron Spider" suit, after all - and Reed steps in to even the odds, at least allowing Peter, MJ and Aunt may to depart.
I'm really hoping that Reed will end up being the key player in the Civil War endgame. He's certainly positioned to be just that.

yeah, you can tell from the last issue of F4 that Reed is really starting to doubt his choice. His entire "only think about the numbers" inner-monolouge seems like he's trying not to accept the fact that he f**ked up even though he already knows he did deep down.

Why is everyone blaming JMS for the breakup? He's only doing what he's told. Trust me, by summertime they should back together again, just in time for the movie. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"