Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every one of those days counts!!

Marvel have announced that they're bringing the UK release date forward from October 27th to October 24th. In the immortal words of Drax:

tumblr_otxjrhR7fU1urawtlo6_400.gif

My eyes will get to witness the glory of this film a whole THREE DAYS EARLIER. :jd:

Awesome!

I almost hope that doesn't happen in Sweden though. I'm on a business trip then and I get home in the morning of the 27:th, so right now I'm perfectly aligned to see the premiere and won't have to feel like I'm missing anything. :yay:

"I'm not a queen or a monster. I'm the Goddess of Death!" I just love seeing Hela in the trailer...such a badass villainess because in MCU films we don't get a lot of female villains

24th October - UK
25th October - Belgium, France and Italy.
26th October - Australia, Netherlands and Chile.

Mjölnir;35655721 said:
Awesome!

I almost hope that doesn't happen in Sweden though. I'm on a business trip then and I get home in the morning of the 27:th, so right now I'm perfectly aligned to see the premiere and won't have to feel like I'm missing anything. :yay:

Rearrange it and tell your clients/colleagues it's only business...you have important stuff to do!

So does loki's celebration means thor is the one that stands up after the jumping collision between thor and hulk????

Rearrange it and tell your clients/colleagues it's only business...you have important stuff to do!

If they change it here I'll have to do that, but for now it still sits at the 27th. It's a bit odd though since most film premieres in Sweden are on Wednesdays, not Fridays.

Mjölnir;35656057 said:
If they change it here I'll have to do that, but for now it still sits at the 27th. It's a bit odd though since most film premieres in Sweden are on Wednesdays, not Fridays.

Hope it works out for you :up:

The way Thor is using his reflexes/speed to move out of the way of Hulk's blows (like head movement in boxing) is every bit as good to me to watch as when he's using his powers. Love his counters too. This looks so much better than their fight on the helicarrier.

Marvel have announced that they're bringing the UK release date forward from October 27th to October 24th. In the immortal words of Drax:

My eyes will get to witness the glory of this film a whole THREE DAYS EARLIER. :jd:

Marvel Studios must be happy with the film.

The way Thor is using his reflexes/speed to move out of the way of Hulk's blows (like head movement in boxing) is every bit as good to me to watch as when he's using his powers. Love his counters too. This looks so much better than their fight on the helicarrier.
Agreed on all accounts. It looks really good. The agility, fighting ability, soak damage... from Thor seem to be fully displayed in this fight. Thor movement looks fluid and with purpose. He's an experienced fighter and even though he hasn't mjolnir he still shows that he is a great warrior and a force to be reckoned with. I love the left hook to the stomach, you can almost "feel" the impact in a way... a solid hit.

A hammerless Thor can only do so much to Hulk. He can trade blows, land a few good hits and even hold is own for a short period of time. In order for Thor to rise up to the level when he is totally a match for Hulk then he needs mjolnir or some sort of control over lighting. That would naturally even things out.

Agreed on all accounts. It looks really good. The agility, fighting ability, soak damage... from Thor seem to be fully displayed in this fight. Thor movement looks fluid and with purpose. He's an experienced fighter and even though he hasn't mjolnir he still shows that he is a great warrior and a force to be reckoned with. I love the left hook to the stomach, you can almost "feel" the impact in a way... a solid hit.

A hammerless Thor can only do so much to Hulk. He can trade blows, land a few good hits and even hold is own for a short period of time. In order for Thor to rise up to the level when he is totally a match for Hulk then he needs mjolnir or some sort of control over lighting. That would naturally even things out.

Yeah, I'm very impressed with how they've choreographed this fight (from what we've seen so far at least) as well as Thor's performance against Hulk without Mjolnir.

The fight does indeed look amazing this far, making both the weapon and the unarmed parts look great and the whole fight seems to have a good dynamic.

The fight also doesn't seem to be a short affair. It looks like and feels like a good length to the "main event". There are several stages to the fight from the footage we have seen already, beginning with both being armoured and going head to head with weapons, some heavy blows take place and weapons get destroyed then we have them going at it "fist wise" and then the third and final stage should be the big hump at each other, lightning...

Thor has matched Hulk without Mjolnir before in the comics, Thor's power doesn't come from the hammer it comes from Thor himself.

November 3rd would have been a terrible release date in the UK with Guy Fawkes Night the following Sunday, I'm not surprised they brought it forward.

They brought it forward from the 27th October. Also Bonfire Night tends to happen anywhere from the start of October to the end of November depending on when everyone else is having their party or when your uncle Dave can get you The Good Fireworks from his mate Nigel down the pub. It really wouldn't influence the release date of a film in the UK!

Still, Tuesday is an odd day for a film release. Its usually a few screenings in some selected cinemas on Wednesday/Thursday with general release on a Friday. Im not going to complain though as I have that whole week off work.

Thor has matched Hulk without Mjolnir before in the comics, Thor's power doesn't come from the hammer it comes from Thor himself.
I know that. This is the MCU though. The second part of that quote is basically what this movie seems to be all about. Thor is the hammer.:cwink:

I read somewhere around here that the premier was supposedly October 18th. I think it was Fin who wrote it but i'm not sure. That would be 2 weeks ahead of the US release. Also if my calculations are correct we should get...

Thor Ragnarok Featurette - September 15th
Thor Ragnarok: Trailer 3 - September 29th

This is all accordingly with the correlation that Thor Ragnarok had with the Doctor Strange marketing campaign. Both the Teaser and the Official Trailer we're released at pretty much the same time. The premier for Doctor Strange was on October 20th last year. So the 18 for Thor Ragnarok should be about right too.

I know that. This is the MCU though. The second part of that quote is basically what this movie seems to be all about. Thor is the hammer.:cwink:

Yeah I know, I gotcha buddy and I'm glad they're finally going to show/ explain that Thor's power comes from himself not Mjolnir.

Yes it's much better that he can do all this without Mjolnir. Really glad they are going to show even the MCU Thor like this.

Yes! Gonna see it even earlier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back