• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

World Thor vs. Superman

Fresh Prince

Superhero
Reaction score
Who would really win in a fight? No popularity or anything. Who is the strongest and who would win in a fight?

Well i would say if Thor had Mjolnir in hand, then he would prevail. But if Sups can seperate Thor and hammer, I think Sups would win. And I don't mean this as Thor reverting back to Donald Blake, i mean weaponless Thor.

Thor. Don't believe that JLA/Avengers crossover baloney. Editorial sabotage. If Superman can be cut by Wonder Woman's magic tiara or pierced by a magical arrow, imagine the effects of a magical hammer wielded by someone of equal or greater super human strength than Superman.

I'm not saying he would win every time they fought.

I give it to Thor 7 or 8 out of 10 fights.

Thor. Don't believe that JLA/Avengers crossover baloney. Editorial sabotage. If Superman can be cut by Wonder Woman's magic tiara or pierced by a magical arrow, imagine the effects of a magical hammer wielded by someone of equal or greater super human strength than Superman.

Agreed.

If they had 10 fights it would be 5-5
strength-equal
speed-supes
durability-equal
magic-thor
nuff said,they should never fight there too equal

Belive it or don't, "JLA Avengers" is considered canon, and I don't believe that Thor would win even 5 out of 10 fights.

JLA/Avengers is only considered canon for DC and it was written by Kurt Busiek, who's consistently underestimated Thor in everything I've seen him write the character in.

Personally, looking at each at their relative best (not including pre-Crisis for Supes), I'd call it even. Maybe 6 out of 10 for Supes, unfortunately. Thor tends to get the short end of the stick a lot, and there comes a point when you can't just keep chalking it up to the writers not "getting" him. Unlike most heroes, Thor's power level has actually dropped over the years.

JLA/Avengers is only considered canon for DC and it was written by Kurt Busiek, who's consistently underestimated Thor in everything I've seen him write the character in.
Clearly he should not be allowed to write for Thor.

Personally, looking at each at their relative best (not including pre-Crisis for Supes), I'd call it even. Maybe 6 out of 10 for Supes, unfortunately. Thor tends to get the short end of the stick a lot, and there comes a point when you can't just keep chalking it up to the writers not "getting" him. Unlike most heroes, Thor's power level has actually dropped over the years.
That's terrible. :csad:

If the JLA/Avengers crossover is considered canon and Superman is more powerful than Thor in Thor's world and Thor is more powerful than Superman in Superman's world...then Thor would've beaten Superman in Metropolis...which was the premis of the whole story...remember Flash couldn't always access his "speed force" etc...That's why Superman could lift Thor's hammer in one instance and could not at the end of the story.

PIS aside, Thor would beat Superman most of the time.

Superman is too nice of a guy to beat any good guy for no extraordinary reason. If Thor, for some reason, wants to destroy the world, then yea, Superman would win. If it's just to see who would win, Supes loses.

My money would be on supes.

Supes is well..supes

superman is vulnerabe to magic so if thor struck him with magic lightning it would hurt. shazam almost killed superman with magic lightning. also thor's hammer is magic so superman would feel the full effect of the power wen thor strikes him with it.

I give the fight to thor. I thought the avengers/JLA thor v supes fight was BS

They've both been written at different power levels dozens of times. Writters write for convienence far too often without paying attention to what has been done with the characters before. I don't know who considers JLA/AVENGERS canon but it shouldn't be. There is just way to much wrong with it for many characters. Superman winning is one thing, Superman winning the way he did in that story was ridiculous! Overall from what I've seen (just aout everything for Thor and a fair amout of Supes)I say Thor would take it.

To put that in terms some of the posters here can understand- Thor wins cause Thor is well......Thor!:oldrazz:

Thor for the win because Supes is weak against magic and let's face it Thor's hammer is pure powerful magic. It'll be an awesome close fight cause we haven't seen Superman really let loose and fight like a savage beast.

Is Thor and Mjolnir like still sharing souls or whatever Dr Strange did to fix Mjolnir? Cause Superman can just break that **** and kill Thor.

Nothing's been said to indicate that's changed. I still think that was a really weird plot point. Not sure why JMS decided to do it.

Thor wins,.They have similar strength and durability,but Mjolnir and its energy attacks(anti-force,Godblast,Thermoblast,etc) are just too powerful.And I'm not even considering a 'warrior madness' Thor...:)

have to say thor, he wields a magic uru hammer and is a warrior. superman has powers only, no real training in fight combat. so if he fought someone who is strong as well you would have to go for whoever has more skills.

No training, but near as dammit lightspeed... err, speed.

Which is faster than lightning, faster than thrown or swung magical hammers etc.

It's like saying, I have this spell, that will destroy you and the entire world instantaneously, the moment I finish the encantation.

But I can't finish it, because you've knocked me out before I finish it.
I've now heard Thor can be very fast, but very fast is in no way close to near-light speed. Diana shouldn't have been able to scratch him either.

Superman wins again.

Unless you think Superman will go in with such an ego to stand in front of a godblast or swung hammer without dodging it, to make a point or something - Which doesn't sound like Superman to me.

Many people say Thor loses often, because writers do not understand him, or it's a popularity contest. This is OBVIOUSLY the same case with Superman (how people can think Batman would beat him!), and for him to lose to Thor is to also ignore all his strengths.

then i guess the flash would kick supermans ass.

I read comic books, I don't believe in them, I guess. If someone said to me, 'Hey Myq, who would win in a fight: Thor or Superman?' I'd say, 'I don't know who would win that fight, my friendless friend. But, I do know who would win in a fight between you and anyone you went to high school with.'
-Myq Kaplan

Thor wins. Superman is slightly stronger and more durable but Thor has too many options with his hammer and is far more powerful to make up the difference.

Thor = Captain Marvel > Superman

Honestly I think they are pretty equal overall, but if I had to pick one, its Thor. For the same reason Shazam whooped him up. Magic.

Super Speed seems to be commonly thrown out to give Supes the edge - problem is, how often have you seen him using his super speed for mele attacks? Not nearly as many times as you've seen him get punched in the face by a super strong character who doesn't have super speed. Thus, Thor would put the smack down with Mjolnir, his fists, his various energy attacks and possibly his pimp hand just for good measure. Seriously though, the main reason Thor would win is that he is a centuries old, battle tested warrior from a race of warrior gods. Superman grew up on a farm and works as a reporter. Their powers may equal out but there battle prowess never will - and Thor unquestionably has the edge in lethal combat experience.

I think Thor would win because he has his hammer but I think Supes can give Thor a run for his money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"