• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Three Statements on DC comics.

Varient

Guru for Geeks
Reaction score
Over the weekend at the Comic shop,... It kinda rolled around to:

If you could make one statement about Each major comic company in regards to stories,... what would they be?

I was surprised at how many THINKERS I had buying books.

(You get into an arguement with a a Marvel fan over the color of Mary Marvels Socks and get back to me on how intelligent you think sumbody is,...)

Anyway,.. I think it would be interesting so I brought it here and Tripled it.

I'll Start.

1. I would buy and read monthly a Nightwing and Robin comic.

2. I would like Senior Superman to stay.

3. I want another Speester in the DC Universe.

V.

But, yeah, I'd definatley agree on the first two, but I don't know how urgent the third one is. There are already what, three speedsters? Wally, Jay, and Liberty Belle.

1. I would like to see Dick Grayson take the mantle of Batman for a year or so.

2. I would like to see another Emperor Joker event. This time include the Green Lantern Corps. and other Cosmics.

3. Justice League Dissasembled : I want to see a Civil War type event in the DC Universe. Supes vs Bats. Who's with each of them? Might be interesting.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

But all you just described was events that already happened or events ripped off of Marvel.

Dick Grayson was Batman? When?

As for the "rip offs"... everyone rips off story lines like that. I don't mind. Everystory in DC is a ripoff of literature. More specifically Shakespeare. The difference is the details.

1. I would like to see Dick Grayson take the mantle of Batman for a year or so.

2. I would like to see another Emperor Joker event. This time include the Green Lantern Corps. and other Cosmics.

3. Justice League Dissasembled : I want to see a Civil War type event in the DC Universe. Supes vs Bats. Who's with each of them? Might be interesting.

So you pretty much want the DCU to become the Marvel Universe.:huh:

But, yeah, I'd definatley agree on the first two, but I don't know how urgent the third one is. There are already what, three speedsters? Wally, Jay, and Liberty Belle.

To be specific,... Either Bring Back Max Mercury, (I really like the idea of someone who studies the speed force to the point that he can do power feats using finese.) Or intro a new one who has to LEARN.

I've only seen LB zipping around in spurts,... No real speedster action.

1. I would buy and read monthly a Nightwing and Robin comic.

2. I would like Senior Superman to stay.

3. I want another Speester in the DC Universe.

V.
1. I would buy and read a monthly Batman and Robin comic. I don't think I understand the point of Robin having solo adventures. It seems like having Batman around for them would always make them more effective. The character focus would remain on Tim Drake, and be told from Drake's perspective, but the action and the missions would be Batman and Robin. Frankly, we don't see these two in action together often enough. We usually see them as peripheral characters in each other's series.

2. I would like the Two Legions situation cleared up. I would like the Two Brother Eyes situation cleared up. I would like the Three Death of the New Gods Scenarios situation cleared up.

3. I want another speedster in the universe like Savitar, or like Max Mercury, who focuses on tricks and manipulations of the Speed Force, and learns to master it completely. Actually, I kind of just want Savitar back, perhaps as an anti-hero of sorts (which he always was anyway.)

So you pretty much want the DCU to become the Marvel Universe.:huh:

Why is everyone focusing on number 3? I just want them to ripoff Civil War like the did Secret Wars.

Yeah... I know.... bring the pain.

What's wrong with number 1 and 2?

1. I want Grant Morrison to follow up Seven Soldiers

2. Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters should continue as a miniseries every once in awhile

3. I want to see some obscure characters get some spotlight if only for a little while (especially the likes of Creeper and Lagoon Boy, who might already be dead)

I also agree with Aristotles idea about Batman and Robin

2. I would like the Two Legions situation cleared up.

I bet you five milk duds they will clear it up, hopefully, in Final Crisis. They could whip out the silver age legion, which a future version of them were seen recently in Action Comic and a nonfuture version were seen in the Lighting Story Saga, and have them set loose Barry Allen. DC is not the type to set up a storyline that spill in to JLA to JSA for no reason, Johns is a crafty writer that writes or hints certain things to come. It would be some role reversal if Barry comes back and ends up being the single guy, with no attachments besides Wally and Jay, and Wally remains as the family man.

I have not been enjoying the Flash family angle, and I am open to new ideas. It felt forced like Bart Allen becoming the Flash.

Dick Grayson was Batman? When?

As for the "rip offs"... everyone rips off story lines like that. I don't mind. Everystory in DC is a ripoff of literature. More specifically Shakespeare. The difference is the details.

After Azreal was stripped of the mantel Dick wore the cowl for a while Bruce got his house in order.

I'd also be up for a montly Nightwing & Robin series. It would have the potential of being one of the funnest comics around if handled properly. Kinda like Nightwing is being handled now.

Yeah, there really aren't a lot of books right now exploring how people feel about each other. Maybe GA/BC. But Justice Society, all the characters are like oil and water. they don't seem to mix together. they are just there. Teen Titans are even worse. Someone said this before and I thought it was a great example, what does Kid Devil feel about Wonder Girl? They have been i n the same team for over a year and I dont remember any interaction between the two besides Cassie yelling at Eddie last issue.

Actually, I'm going to second Aristotle's suggestion for a Batman and Robin comic. I'd love to see the PARTNERSHIP told from Batman's perspective. The point of a Robin is to provide a counterbalance to Batman, so he doesn't become TOO grim and gritty. Robin is never around these days. Is it any surprise Bats went all hyper-paranoid and built Brother Eye and all that jazz? Sure he'd still be mad about what they did to him, but maybe Robin could have calmed him down enough to go talk to Supes or WonderWoman or somebody about it.

I'd like to see stuff from Robin's perspective, see Batman in action from Robin's P.O.V.

This aspect is the best part of AllStar Bats right now. The two interacting.

Yeah, there really aren't a lot of books right now exploring how people feel about each other. Maybe GA/BC. But Justice Society, all the characters are like oil and water. they don't seem to mix together. they are just there. Teen Titans are even worse. Someone said this before and I thought it was a great example, what does Kid Devil feel about Wonder Girl? They have been i n the same team for over a year and I dont remember any interaction between the two besides Cassie yelling at Eddie last issue.

Good points

I blame JSAs problems on the big cast. Individually i think a lot of the characters are great but thus far they have just been introducing them so i expect some bonding coming up.

Teen Titans are focusing too much on Kid Devil's faults. I find the character very endearing, but they should build up some of his positive attributes (plus get rid of the angst altogether). Wonder Girl needs a vacation or something.

I dunno man, I really am getting a good feeling from JSA. They seem to really be pushing the family vibe. I realize they are pushing a TON of characters on us (24 is the last count I saw ;) but they are still doing a bunch of good work to try and let us know who these people are. Jakim and Stargirl at the beginning of the last issue (13 I think) had a little conversation going on before he kicked in Thunder's door, and you got a feeling they were old friends, teammates that had been together for a while, I read that, and I immediately thought back to my interactions with one of my female friends in high-school. The guys all hanging around the boxing ring while Ted tried to fight Judo Master, I could just see them doing that, I could almost hear what they were thinking. It reminded me of me and my team sitting around watching pick-up games in the gym.
I have found JSA quite EASY to relate to, most of the time. It is hard at times sure, but that is to be expected with such a huge roster.
But that is just my opinion.

And I have no idea how Kid Devil feels about Wonder Girl, I haven't read a Teen Titans comic since Perez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"