Smallville Tom Welling to reprise Superman role in Arrowverse Crisis on Infinite Earths?

The Incredible Hulk

Bad Hombre
Reaction score
:eek: still taking this with a big grain of salt....

Tom Welling & Lynda Carter Returning For Arrowverse: Crisis On Infinite Earths

Nope, it's not 2006 - Tom Welling really is about to play Superman on the small screen and Brandon Routh is ready to join him too. The latter of course played the Man of Steel in 2006's ill-fated Superman Returns, while Welling portrayed the role for ten years on Smallville, a Superman-themed prequel centred around Clark Kent before he ventured to Metropolis.

Revealed over the weekend during SDCC 2019, Routh - who already portrays Ray Palmer on Legends of Tomorrow - will don the red and blue of the Last Son of Krypton to play the version seen in Mark Waid and Alex Ross' seminal Kingdom Come comic from 1996 as a part of the Arrowverse's next crossover, Crisis on Infinite Earths, which is named after the 1986 comic of the same name. Welling, meanwhile, is "in talks" with The CW and will reprise the same version of Superman seen in Smallville, a full eight years after the series concluded in 2011.

According to Cosmic Book News, Welling "will reprise his character" from the old CW series - but he won't be alone. On top of Burt Ward returning as the sixties show's Robin (yes, really), Lynda Carter herself will also apparently be involved as Wonder Woman. Carter played the part of Princess Diana from 1975-79, and is synonymous with the character.

I never thought they would get Welling back. I guess enough time out of the limelight did it's trick.

With Tom Welling aboard, that means Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman is out of the question.

When the Earth-90 Flash's world was attacked by Monitor, I'm betting the same fate could be fallen to Smallville Earth as well.

You guys are amazing for having faith that Welling would reprise his role as Clark Kent in The Crisis.

This is pretty damn cool news. Excited. Hope Rosenbaum makes an appearance.

God, I hope they didn't just bring them back so that they and their world could be killed off in the crisis, thus giving fans a giant middle finger as well.

Given Guggenheim's comments about how there would be no Arrowverse if not for Smallville I think it's safe to assume he's not going to annihilate them. (also pretty sure Welling and Durance wouldn't sign on for that either)

Long time no see my Smallville peeps. I decided to jump on and say hi and how excited I am to see Welling and Durance making their come back in the Arrowverse.

I really hope this means Rosenbaum will sign on also. :D

Decided to sport a Welling avatar, he's always been my favorite Clark/Superman... #90skidsUnite

Super-excited to see how their story continues through the Arrowverse!

It's a shame news broke out today about Michael Rosenbaum not coming back, but I can't say that I blame him. Maybe theirs still time to work something out...

In case you don't know, this is what he tweeted:

20190924_205416.jpg

Tom Welling Will Suit Up As Superman In Crisis On Infinite Earths

One of the biggest draws of “Crisis on Infinite Earths” is that Smallville star Tom Welling is returning as his version of Clark Kent that he last played when the DC prequel came to a close after 10 years in 2011. Infamously, Welling never actually suited up in the ol’ red and blue in the finale, with the show ending on the iconic shirt-rip moment instead. Fans are keeping their fingers crossed then that his appearance in the crossover means this wrong will finally be righted.

Well, good news, Smallville lovers, as we’re hearing that this is going to be the case. Sources close to WGTC – the same ones who told us that Welling was making a comeback in the first place, and who told us that an Arrow spinoff starring Kat McNamara was in the works back in March – say that Welling will indeed suit up at some point in “Crisis.” That’s all we know for now, but it’s certainly enough to get us excited.

So is Kara going to see Smallville Lois and think it's her mother? Will Erica play both Lois and Alura?

What if they get Laura Benanti back for this crossover, and she plays both Alura and Melania?

So is Kara going to see Smallville Lois and think it's her mother? Will Erica play both Lois and Alura?

What if they get Laura Benanti back for this crossover, and she plays both Alura and Melania?

Good points, I'd assume they'd at least refer to the common resemblance there as I'm sure they will with Ray Palmer/Kingdom Come Superman.

Also not sure why they aren't getting Laura Vandervoort aboard here since she was both SV's Supergirl and a villain on Supergirl? Seems like a real missed opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"