• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero are 'Best F(r)iends'

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
'The Room' Director Tommy Wiseau and Star Greg Sestero Reunite for New Movie (Exclusive)

Link to Trailer:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/room-director-tommy-wiseau-star-937339

Tommy Wiseau, known for directing and starring in what is often considered one of the worst movies ever made, and Sestero appear together 15 years later for 'Best F(r)iends.'

It’s been nearly 15 years since Tommy Wiseau directed and starred in the cult classic The Room, which became known by many as one of the worst films of all time due to its odd style of filmmaking, awkward acting performances and inconsistent narrative structure.

Now, Wiseau is reuniting with The Room star Greg Sestero in a new movie called Best F(r)iends.

Here, The Hollywood Reporter exclusively debuts a trailer for the project, which follows a man (Sestero) who meets a lonely mortician (Wisaeu) who takes him on a wild journey.

The film came about when Sestero wrote a story that was inspired by a road trip he took with Wiseau in 2003. He brought the role of the mortician to Wiseau, who responded positively to the character.

"I think it's a role that will really spotlight Tommy's unique talent and charisma, while also setting up an unexpected and exciting reunion," Sestero tells THR.

They quietly shot the film, directed by Gary Fong, in August and September in Los Angeles and Canada, keeping it mostly a secret until the first trailer revealed above. The distribution plan is still in the works but the filmmakers are aiming for a theatrical release.

"After watching Best F(r)iends, your mind will find paradise," says Wiseau, whose unique accent and mannerisms can be seen in the first trailer. The project is repped by Matt Leipzig at Original Artists and Shelley Surpin at Surpin, Mayersohn & Coghill.

New Line is currently making a film about the making-of The Room, which is directed by and starring James Franco. In The Masterpiece (previously called The Disaster Artist), Franco will play the eccentric Wiseau, the director and star of the 2003 drama, which developed a strong cult following, including among celebrities, who loved it in a "so bad it's good" way.

Sestero, who starred in The Room, and Tom Bissell wrote the 2013 nonfiction book The Disaster Artist, which chronicled the shoot. Sestero described his life as a struggling actor and what it was like to work with the mysterious and eccentric Wiseau, who had no filmmaking experience when he set out to write, direct and produce The Room, which centers on a man named Johnny whose fiancee, Lisa, cheats on him with his best friend, Mark.

Well his directing seems to have improved (it's hard to see how it couldn't), even if his acting hasn't, ("Today, my friend, I'm going to teach you a lesson about loyalty.") unless he's doing that early Schwarzenegger impression on purpose.

At least this looks better than Lindsay Lohan's last five movies. And Uwe Boll's.

This is the closest thing we'll get to a Room sequel. I'll take it.

Tommy's acting is still hilariously bad, though. But that's a plus in my book.

still waiting for the trailer for the james franco movie

whats up with that

Well his directing seems to have improved (it's hard to see how it couldn't), even if his acting hasn't, ("Today, my friend, I'm going to teach you a lesson about loyalty.") unless he's doing that early Schwarzenegger impression on purpose.

At least this looks better than Lindsay Lohan's last five movies. And Uwe Boll's.

Gary Fong is directing it, not Wiseau.

tumblr_oeylkynRhV1rskk8io3_500.gif

tumblr_oeylkynRhV1rskk8io1_500.gif

tumblr_oeylkynRhV1rskk8io2_500.gif

I kind of like how this seems unironic.

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is it possible that Tommy Wiseau's acting is just as horrible over a decade after The Room?

I'd be more surprised if his acting was good.

Now where the bloody heck is the disaster artist trailer?!

I wasn't expecting good, decent or even okay acting. I was expecting very bad acting just a little less bad.

Johnny is going to die again?

lol. wiseau is such a weird dude. and his background info is such a mystery.

i'm looking forward to the disaster artist movie by franco though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"