Top 10 Dolph Lundgren films.....

Mandon Knight

We did it......
Reaction score
Not to be missed out, here's a place for your personal Dolph greats.....

Not sure of a Top 10 at this point but Red Scorpion definitely in top 3.

I must break you.

But yeah, probably one of the few action-hero type guys you really, really wouldn't want to mess with in real life, haha. Gigantic freak, former karate champion, special forces vet, smarter than most of us combined. :oldrazz:

Plus Showdown in Little Tokyo has to be included.....

In all seriousness, I’m not a Lundgren fan but I remember thinking he was actually pretty good in John Mnemonic. Terrible movie though.

“I WANT ROOM SERVICE!”

The Punisher

And Rocky IV

He's expendable as an actor.

1. Masters of the Universe
2. Rocky IV
3. The Punisher

This one is really a stretch. Why pick Dolph Lundgren when people have trouble even coming up with 5, let alone 10?

I don't think I've even seen 10 Dolph movies, unless I throw in the support parts Sly gave him, and I was never really a fan, so I'll do a top 5.

5. Dark Angel
4. Showdown in Little Tokyo
3. Universal Soldier
2. Masters of the Universe
1. Blackjack

I don't think I've even seen 10 Dolph movies, unless I throw in the support parts Sly gave him, and I was never really a fan, so I'll do a top 5.

5. Dark Angel
4. Showdown in Little Tokyo
3. Universal Soldier
2. Masters of the Universe
1. Blackjack

I've only even seen 2 of these films. Masters and Showdown.

We should have a Top 10 Bruce Lee or Brandon Lee film list. :o

Universal Soldier and Rocky IV are my favourites of the ones I’ve seen.

And the only ones you've seen? :oldrazz:
I didn’t include MotU. Even though I liked a lot about it, putting it on Earth just made it all seem a bit ****.

I didn’t include MotU. Even though I liked a lot about it, putting it on Earth just made it all seem a bit ****.

That was a cop out. It should've been set on Eternia. That's probably the only MOTU film we'll be getting any time soon though.

And Dolph was less articulate in the way he spoke back at the time of MOTU. Now he is more eloquent (eg see Arrow). Back then he was a bit like Sylv.

That was a cop out. It should've been set on Eternia. That's probably the only MOTU film we'll be getting any time soon though.

And Dolph was less articulate in the way he spoke back at the time of MOTU. Now he is more eloquent (eg see Arrow). Back then he was a bit like Sylv.
Yes huge cop out and didn’t seem authentic as a result, but I liked some of the character designs. Dolph certainly had the physique for a real-life He-Man at least.

I think MOTU gets a bad wrap, as a fantasy adventure it kind of works, Gwildorf Is the thing that lessens it. The SFX weren't there to put Orco in it.

Yes huge cop out and didn’t seem authentic as a result, but I liked some of the character designs. Dolph certainly had the physique for a real-life He-Man at least.

Well Skeletor was probably the most competent that he's ever been. He actually managed to conquer all of Eternia and forced the rebels to flee to Earth. He also had a gravitas that he never normally has in the cartoons. He's an example of how Dr Doom could be done too. He was far better than any version of Doom we've had in live action and seemed like an evil emperor and dictator.

Well Skeletor was probably the most competent that he's ever been. He actually managed to conquer all of Eternia and forced the rebels to flee to Earth. He also had a gravitas that he never normally has in the cartoons. He's an example of how Dr Doom could be done too. He was far better than any version of Doom we've had in live action and seemed like an evil emperor and dictator.
Yes I loved Skeletor in it. Hopefully whoever is handling Doom remembers him. ;)

I think MOTU gets a bad wrap, as a fantasy adventure it kind of works, Gwildorf Is the thing that lessens it. The SFX weren't there to put Orco in it.
It’s fine, I just really hate that the first film brings everyone straight to Earth. It feels like they think that’s the only way they can do it and make it not too over the top for audiences.

MOTU
Showdown in Little Tokyo
Dark Angel
Punisher
Red Scorpion
Rocky IV
Universal Soldier
Universal Soldier: Regeneration

I enjoy them all (in no particular order); hell, even Johnny Mnemonic.

but from a straight up acting point of view, Pentathlon has to be Dolph's absolute best

It’s fine, I just really hate that the first film brings everyone straight to Earth. It feels like they think that’s the only way they can do it and make it not too over the top for audiences.

I don't think it was just about not being too over the top. They probably didn't have the budget to do Eternia or some of the more fantastical characters. By going to earth they skipped all of that.

But even without all of Skeletor's henchman, I still liked the black stormtroopers. He should have that anyway. That probably made him even more like Doom.

Maybe we'll get Julian McMahon or Toby Kebell as Skeletor in future. :o

I don't think it was just about not being too over the top. They probably didn't have the budget to do Eternia or some of the more fantastical characters. By going to earth they skipped all of that.

But even without all of Skeletor's henchman, I still liked the black stormtroopers. He should have that anyway. That probably made him even more like Doom.

Maybe we'll get Julian McMahon or Toby Kebell as Skeletor in future. :o
No thanks lol.

Yeah they got out of doing Battle-Cat too. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"