Top 10 films of 2011

Lunar_Wolf

WTF face
Reaction score
I know what you're all thinking, ''Lunar, it's WAY too early to be making this thread'', but I've been doing this early for the past 3 years now and out of tradition, this thread must arrive early once more.

It's obvious none of us here have seen 10 films yet, but there's much to discuss, like

• What films do you think will make your top 10?
  • Discuss these film with other people, debate why you think they'll make it and so on
  • You can also post trailers, images and all that stuff and say ''Hey check out this mother ****ing trailer, this might be my number one come this summer''.

Few films I think/hope will make the list.

Red State
Sucker Punch
Thor
Captain America
Green Hornet
Green Lantern

Last edited:
Question: Box office or critical acclaim?

The Tree of Life looks like a masterpiece and if its anywhere as good as it looks, it will be a top5 maybe the best film of the year. Im gonna try to not have too much expectations.

Other films I see make the list

A Dangerous Method
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Contagion

I really, really, really hope Super 8 lives up to expectations.

Green Lantern, Captain America, and Sucker Punch are the ones I am pretty confident are going to be a bit hit with yours truly. I am "cautiously optimistic" about Transformers 3, but I don't want to get too excited too quickly. The ones that get a big question mark from me are Green Hornet and Thor. I am almost positive that Green Hornet is going to be a huge flop, but it might still be enjoyable.

I want Thor to be good, but I have a hard time imagining a scenario where it's a big hit. I think there's a solid possibility that comic fans will love it, and I am expecting to enjoy it myself, but the general public is another story. I don't think the Marvel version of the character necessarily has very big brand recognition, and there's the perception from the public that there's something inherently hokey about ancient heroes returning in the modern world. If it is compared unfavorably by people with "Hercules in New York," there will be a problem.

Harry Potter
Capitan America
Green Lantern
Green Hornet...well I don't have huge expectations, but I want it to be a joyride.
Thor
X-Men
Sherlock Holmes

Last edited:
My hopefuls:

A Dangerous Method
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II
Hugo Cabret
Immortals
Rango
Sherlock Holmes 2
Super 8
The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Tree of Life

I've learned over the last few years to not get my expectations high. Right now, I'm assuming all are going to be s***. And I won't be at all surprised if they end up like that.

The Tree of Life
Sherlock Holmes 2
Deathly Hallows II
Samsara (if Ron Fricke finally gets it released)
Tintin
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Hesher
The Rite
Hanna
Hugo Cabret
Your Highness

I really, really, really hope Super 8 lives up to expectations.

So do I , my plan is to go in with low expectations and know very little about it. I'm not expecting the sequel to Cloverfield but hopefully another fun ride.

The Rum Diary
The Thing
Cowboys and Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Rango
Green Lantern
Super 8
The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
Hugo Cabret
La Herencia Valdemar II: La sombra prohibida

The top 3 movies that I hope end up being pretty good in order:
Green Lantern
Sucker Punch
The First Avenger:Captain America

Last edited:
I'm thinking X-Men: FC and Sherlock Holmes 2 deliver the goods on the blockbuster front. But in 2009 a DTV sequel to Universal Soldier can come out of nowhere and demolished a Terminator and a Wolverine movie. So I'm not making any definitive bets.

On terms of actual dramatic films, the film Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close has really got me interested.

off the bat these are the ones I'm looking forward to so I hope they'll be good and be the tops of 2011...
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2
Sherlock Holmes 2
X-Men First Class
Battle for LA
Cowboys and Aliens
Capt. America
Green Lantern
Thor
Transformers 3

I'm just gunning for:
Thor
Captain America
XMen: FC
Cowboys and Aliens
Green Lantern

I lead a simple, easy-to-please life hehehe

Way too early to say what I will like, love or be really disappointed by in 2011. Here are the movies I'm looking forward to in 2011:

1. A Dangerous Method
2. Hugo Cabret
3. The Rum Diaries
4. Cowboys and Aliens
5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (US version)
6. X-Men: First Class
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II
8. Sherlock Holmes 2
9. Red State
10. Super

Will I like those? No idea. But I hope so.

The Tree of Life
Red State
Transformers 3
Captain America
Green Lantern
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Adjustment Bureau
Tower Heist

1. The Green Hornet
2. Kaboom
3. Tetsuo: The Bullet Man
4. The Dilemma

edit: sorry Bullet Man :(

Last edited:
The thing about 2011 is I feel like it is a mess of a year, there are no real films I am looking forward to more than others. Just films I will go see.

2011 top 10.

1. Paul
2. The Green Hornet
3. Drive Angry

I'll know in December when a bunch of indie films I knew nothing about surface on everybody's top ten lists.

There's no way I can guess this, besides maybe The Tree of Life. I never would've guessed that The Social Network was going to be my #1 of last year, nor that two animated movies would make my top 10 nor an Australian crime thriller. True Grit would've been the only one I guessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"