Top 10 reasons why PS3 will win this console generation

To state my opinion that supporting a company is pointless, since the company is only concerned with your money. Not you.

I still feel the PS3 is making a bad choice by relying on blue rays success as its own.
And the Wii isn't a fad. Or atleast his reference was a bad one to prove it was one.

I still feel the PS3 is making a bad choice by relying on blue rays success as its own.
And the Wii isn't a fad. Or atleast his reference was a bad one to prove it was one.
I dont think Sony is relying on BR's success as a success to the PS3. I think its the other way around. I think they are hoping that the sucess of the PS3 will be a success for BR, since really thats the bigger picture here

Don't care, all that much. Terrible points too. For example saying Blu-Ray has *won* the format war. It was trailing until the dual player came out, anyway, especially in studio support. The Wii is not a fad and this is simple mudslinging and most of all, he makes his claims based on evidence and info from PS2. 360 is getting just as varied as the PS2 has on games and is sharing most of its former exclusives. ****, the Wii is now getting in on that action.

Overall it was a bunch of ridiculous claims and technical jargin that is true but does not sell consoles to the mainstream, though.

I dont think Sony is relying on BR's success as a success to the PS3. I think its the other way around. I think they are hoping that the sucess of the PS3 will be a success for BR, since really thats the bigger picture here
Thats probably true too. But the sales pitch of the Ps3 makes me believe they also are relying on them. Everywhere I go its--PS3 has blue ray this, Xbox doesn't have blue ray that. If thats all they're depending on, they have already failed.

i don't think a lot of people understand that sony is really aiming for the long haul here. it'll be a couple of years before they start dominating the game. not a single person can deny the technical aspects of things here. xbox 360 is currently just offering beefed up LAST GEN gaming, and so is sony at this point. but who will want to play that in 2-3 years? and ok oblivion is a nice game, but that, and gears of war will probably be as good as it gets on xbox 360. halo 3 will be cool, but it won't be amazingly superior to said titles. however most ps3 games are barely cracking the surface of the machines actual power.

How exactly can you prove any of what you just said, might I ask? Did the "console fairy" come and tell you that the PS3 is just getting started while the Xbox 360 is reaching it's peak? And who said anyone cared what your opinion on the software choices of either console was?

they haven’t even cracked the other cpu’s yet. and wait until they do, then we will get some REAL next gen experiences. all while the 360 is still pumping out prettier last gen games. i'm telling you, you guys will be eating your words come 2008-2009.

I'm sure. Though, I have to tell you that seeing as how the PS3's GPU is weaker in all rights to the X360's, I'm not exactly sure that you'll be seeing much of a difference in one, two, or three years. Also, I have to stress to you the importance of the fact that the Cell isn't all that it is cracked up to be when it comes to gaming operations.

and i just find it laughable that 360 is coming out with a blu ray add on, and adding hdmi to their machines. a little too late if you ask me. they're just giving sony their money to do more r & d and get their price down.

If you had any idea what "reading comprehension" was or why we of the real world dote on it, you would know that the 360 isn't coming out with a Blu-Ray add-on. The MS rep. merely said they're going to give the consumer what they want, and that will be dictated in the far future. Not the here and now. Also, HDMI is merely a digital input, I don't know why Sony should have "dibs" on it.

and considering the new standard model will cost $479.99 and they're phasing old the old one, they don't stand a chance. for almost $500 bucks you’re still not getting hd-dvd OR blue ray. add on the 200 bucks it will cost you to buy one of the two and you're looking at close to $700.
once sony gets it emulation software down, they will remove the graphic synthesizer chips from the machine and the ps3 price will drop in the US. most likely around $500 bucks. a steal when comparing the features to an xbox 360.

Once again, reading comprehension is a beautiful thing. The $480 Elite is not replacing the standard version in any sense of the word. There is just going to be one more SKU to choose from. And where the hell did you get the rest of your "information"? Oh yeah, that's right.. the fairy, in your ass.

and do you want to know why ps2 games are outselling xbox 360 games? probably because they're compatible with ps3's. what ps3 gamer wouldn't want to play god of war 2? and it will continue on the ps3, and those gamers will move along with it.

Um, wrong again buck-o. It's not because they're compatible with the PS3, otherwise the PS3 would actually be selling well. It's because people still enjoy/demand the PS2 more than the PS3. In the order of demand, it goes something like this.. PS2>X360>PS3. As you can see, PS3 is quite clearly the odd man out.

lol i can't be ****ed replying to an idiot who is disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. don't take it up the ass so much next time bud. at least Addendum has the decency to reply respectfully.

lol i can't be ****ed replying to an idiot who is disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. don't take it up the ass so much next time bud. at least Addendum has the decency to reply respectfully.

See, this is the difference between you and me. I can be bothered replying to an obviously confused moron who is seeing shades of himself in other people for some ungodly reason. As well as grasp the fact that the only reason to disagree is because you want to disagree, thus disagreeing in general is for the pure sake of disagreement.

And just so you know, there's a thin line between refusing to reply out of apathy and refusing to reply because you know you're an idiot. Also, I fail to see this "respect" you mention in your own post. Intriguing.

Coincidence, you lost mine when you started on with your moronic psychobabble.

sorry to hear video game debate has such a huge affect on your morals kid. there's no reasoning with someone so biased, so i'm done with you. i can see why you named yourself deleted user, it's only a matter of time

why would you 'skim' over one of the most important factors?

CPU isn't one of the most important factors, like I said PS2 was the weakest system in terms of power last gen and was the highest seller by a large margin. Games, exclusive, fun games to be more precise, are what matters to gamers, not power.

Yep. PS3 won't get any real big sales until MGS4 or FFXIII comes out.

The only valid arguements I see in here are about the CPU. If Sony is indeed developing tools to allow developers to make good games on the PS3, then, perhaps in two-three years, PS3 could explode with coolness... as is, PS3's CPU is dead weight... it's a big gun that's jammed, useless in a firefight...

BUT, that's two-three years down the road... by that time, It'll likely be Wii, 360, PS3 in that order...

sorry to hear video game debate has such a huge affect on your morals kid. there's no reasoning with someone so biased, so i'm done with you. i can see why you named yourself deleted user, it's only a matter of time

Debating has no affect on my morals. I am what I am what I am. You say that I'm biased because I refute all of your easily much more biased opinions with little more than a post. Glad to see you know how to lose an argument like a champ. Keep on at it, bud.

And no, I named myself deleted user because I have had an account deleted before, for some odd reason. It's satirical, really. And threatening people is no way to rebuff your disagreements.

Debating has no affect on my morals. I am what I am what I am. You say that I'm biased because I refute all of your easily much more biased opinions with little more than a post. Glad to see you know how to lose an argument like a champ. Keep on at it, bud.

And no, I named myself deleted user because I have had an account deleted before, for some odd reason. It's satirical, really. And threatening people is no way to rebuff your disagreements.

Threatening lol. How did I threaten you? Does it look like I have mod power? And it's a forum kid, don't get scared, I'm only a girl. So stop calling me bud. It's sad that you can't have a civilized debate. You'd never last in the real world. This is the last time I reply to you.

Threatening lol. How did I threaten you? Does it look like I have mod power? And it's a forum kid, don't get scared, I'm only a girl. So stop calling me bud. It's sad that you can't have a civilized debate. You'd never last in the real world. This is the last time I reply to you.

Actually, the real world is full of people like me. Who would tear morons like you apart at the seams. This the the real world, people are smarter than you and if you don't wise up to others' bull****, you're going to take part in one glorious, eternal stampede. And you won't be one of the ones doing the stampeding, I'm afraid.

Me, scared? Of you? Don't make me laugh. I've seen scarier clowns in a circus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"