• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

World Top 10 Spidey Villains

cosbydaf

Reaction score
1.Doctor Octopus
2.Scorpion
3.Venom
4.Mysterio
5.Green Goblin
6.Rhino
7.Lizard
8.Sandman
9.Hobgoblin
10.Beetle

So, what's your top 10 favorite spidey villains?

Green Goblin
Doc Ock
Sandman
Lizard
Hobgoblin 2
Hobgoblin 1
Mysterio
Spot
Scorpion
Electro

1.Carnage
2.Hobgoblin
3.Venom
4.Doc Ock
5.Lizard
6.Green Goblin
7.Shriek
8.Electro
9.Mysterio
10.Cardiac

1. Venom
2. Carnage
3. Mysterio
4. Hobgoblin
5. Lizard
6. Green Goblin
7. King Pin
8. Scopion
9. Shocker
10. Doc Ock

Those are my top 10 Favorites

1. Green Goblin
2. Venom
3. Hobgoblin (Retired)
4. Jackal (Dead)
5. Kraven (Dead)
6. Cameleon
7. Kaine (Reformed)
8. Beetle (Reformed)
9. Jack O' Lantern (Dead)
10. Green Goblin II (Dead)

WishIWasASnake said:
1. Venom
2. Carnage
3. Mysterio
4. Hobgoblin
5. Lizard
6. Green Goblin
7. King Pin
8. Scopion
9. Shocker
10. Doc Ock

Those are my top 10 Favorites

Nice sig by the way :up:

Citizen_Kaine said:
Nice sig by the way :up:

Why Thank you, and to keep this topic spiderman related, the reason Kurt Angle has not appeared in a Spiderman comic (yes people hes a super hero, hes probably more powerful then lets say thor and hulk combined times some infinite number) is because if Kurt Angle battled anyone in the marvel universe, theyd have a broken ankle, and you cant have thriving comic book series with every villian on the DL (disabled list).

So lets randomly change quickly to my top 10 favorite Super Heroes.

1. Kurt Angle
2. Gambit
3. Spider-Man
4. Dead Pool
5. Batman
6. Punisher
7. Human Torch
8. Iron Man
9. Jean Grey
10. Stephen Colbert (hes a super hero to, and probably should actually be maybe number 2 on the list, Truthiness prevails! Stay the Course!)

Favorite:

1. The Lizard
2. Green Goblin
3. Doc Ock
4. Green Goblin II
5. Hobgoblin I
6. The Kingpin
7. Venom
8. Scorpion
9. Mysterio
10. Kraven

The most importiant, i.e. the top in terms of menace and personal history are though:

1. The Green Goblin
2. Doc Ock
3. Venom
4. The Green Goblin II
5. The Lizard

The latter being fact....in my opinion ;)

My favorites list seems to change everytime I write it out... :o Buuuut regardless....

1. Doctor Octopus
  2. Carnage
  3. Lizard
  4. The Vulture
  5. Venom
  6. Hobgoblin
  7. Green Goblin
  8. Kingpin
  9. Sandman
  10. Kraven

And following DACrowe's lead and posting what I'd rank as his most important archenemies....

1. Green Goblin (I and II)
  2. Doctor Octopus
  3. Venom
  4. Hobgoblin
  5. Lizard
  6. Kraven (mainly for the Last Hunt)
  7. Carnage
  8. Kingpin
  9. Jackal (yes, obviously this character got majorly ****ed up.... but it doesn't take away from the fact that he was an important villain)
  10. Electro

My top 10 Spidey villains;

1) Venom
2) Carnage
3) Green Goblin
4) Doctor Octopus
5) Electro
6) Scorpion
7) Sandman
8) Lizard
9) Hobgoblin
10) Hydroman

TOP 10

- Doc Ock
- Green Goblin
- Sandman
- Venom
- Carnage
- Hydroman
- Lizard
- Mysterio
- Kraven the Hunter
- Scorpion

1.Green Goblin (Norman)
2.Doc Ock
3.Green Goblin 2 (Harry)
4.Venom
5.Kraven the Hunter
6.Shocker
7.Scorpion
8.Electro
9.Carnage
10.Lizard

1.venom
2.Carnage
3.Doc Ock
4.Green Goblin
5.Electro
6.Lizard
7.Mysterio
8.Scorpion
9.Sandman
10.Rhino

In terms of impact, importance in Spidey's life, longetivity, etc.:

Basically, people Peter doesn't stop from robbing a bank on his way to do something else. The basic criteria is, if he sees or interacts with this villain, who gets the most reaction. He could see Sandman, Electro, Vulture, or Shocker or whoever on the way to do something else and probably wouldn't give two thoughts about it, so my criteria is, if he sees them....it means something, and how important they are in Spidey's life. (My favorites list would be way different.)

I don't think I need to qualify the top five, their actions and place in Spidey's history speak for themselves.

1. Green Goblin I
2. Ock
3. Venom
4. Green Goblin 2
5. Hobgoblin I (Kingsley)

6. Lizard: Beats out the others below due to high frequency. When Spidey fights the Lizard, something is at stake. I don't know that Lizard's powers are that much better than any other rogue, but Spidey has to hold back when fighting him and the Lizard causes him a lot of emotional distress due to his situation. Spidey's fought a lot of "good person turned into monster" cases, but the Lizard is also someone whos also a good friend, as well as extremely deadly. I don't know if he's caused the same amount of damage to Spidey's status quo itself, but when someone with that much at stake appears SO frequently since the 60's, it makes for an important villain.

7. Carnage: A lot of people have issues with Carnage's character, as he was just meant to look cool and sell toys. Still, this guy is a major threat whos appeared pretty frequently. It takes one hell of a lot of out Spidey to take this guy down, but at the same time he has more dramatic weight than Spidey fighting the Juggernaut or whoever because Spidey helped create him. More importantly I think he represents Spider-Man's ultimate inverse morally but with a similar personality in terms of wisecracks and fighting style, but taken all the way to the opposite end of the spectrum. Plus, he's one villain that pretty much accomplishes his goals every time that he's released: he wants to kill people, and Spider-Man doesn't often stop him before he's killed one heck of a lot of people. He never can really claim a victory over him, just put an end to the bloodshed. There are only maybe one or two Carnage stand alone issues, he usually takes a whole arc to get rid of. Basically, a combination of lethalness, frequency, exclusivity to Spider-Man, and importance makes him more of a threat than most other villains.

8. Kraven: Before KLH, he would probably rank somewhere between the Vulture and the Shocker. But I don't think I need to explain the impact of KLH on Spidey's psyche and how important it was, especially since it was the first major thing to happen after Spidey's marriage to MJ and helped define it. Still, its hard to rank him in the top 10 over other Sinister Sixers that appeared more frequently were more deadly in the 60's and 70's because of one storyline. If KLH hadn't been frequently referenced after it occurred he wouldn't be up here. But as it is, KLH left a HUGE legacy and was constantly referenced in the comics as one of the most haunting periods of Spidey's life. Chameleon's obsession with his brother especially helps it live on, in storylines like Pursuit and whatnot. Spidey can't seem to get away with it, and KLH created a huge postmordem legacy for Kraven and gave his name a lot of gravitas. When Spider-Man saw Chameleon dressed up as Kraven, or Kraven's son that looks just like him, he pretty much stops whatever he's doing and is haunted by the possibility of his returning, even though he knows its probably not real.

9. Jackal. Dr. Dude sums up my feelings above...yeah we all hate him, but he COMPLETELY messed up Spider-Man's life and status quo for many, many years. He was THE Spider-Man villain for about four years, even if those four years are ones people try to forget. The only reason he's down at number 9 is because apparently Norman Osborn was manipulating him the whole time (even though that wasn't the intentions of the writers during those four years of Jackal's villain hegemony)

10. This one's hard. The first nine kind of fell into place naturally, but this one requires some thinking. I can't in all good faith put Kingpin here since he's barely been a Spidey villain for quite some time, and Spidey exclusivity is an extremeley important factor. (There is a HUGE natural tendency to rank Kingpin high due to the 90's T.V. show, where he was by far the most frequently occuring villain and was behind pretty much every plot, character origin, and evil deed.) I guess this would kind of be very close between Mysterio, Electro, and the Vulture. Mysterio probably can hold a standalone story by himself better than the others, and has messed with Spidey's head a lot more, by impersonating him, making him think Aunt May was dead, and other minor things that usually took one issue to complete. Still, he's been out of comission for awhile and whoever the current one is is a jumbled mess. Electro has probably kicked Spidey's ass more than the other two and has the most raw potential, and is the most difficult to fight, along with a high frequency of appearance. His biggest moment was probably the arc where he souped up his powers, almost killed Spider-Man and made Spider-Man beg for his life, causing Spider-Man to become obsessed with catching him and evening the score. Also, he actually has a very interesting psychological background as demonstrated in that arc and "Light the Night." By far, he is the villain with the most untapped potential.
Vulture's abilities are not all that fantastic, and in general if Spider-Man sees him on his way to work and fights him it's usually not a huge deal. However, he has an extremely high frequency and has impacted Spidey's personal life as Peter Parker more than the other two, due to his involvement with Aunt May and her fiance Nathan at the old folks home and especially his killing of Nathan, which led to a big arc with him, Peter and May. And of course there's the whole lifetheft thing, which was hokey, but sucking Spidey's youth gave him a scare that Electro and Mysterio never have, and then he killed Spidey's robot mom, which scarred Spidey too. Sandman isn't in the running because he's never even come close to impacting Spidey like the other original Sixers have, is almost as frequent as a Fantastic Four villain, and was a good guy for awhile.

I'm going to have to make number 10 a draw until I read more back issues.

1.Sandman
2.Mysterio
3.Shocker
4.Venom
5.Doc Ock
6.Carnage
7.Electro
8.Scorpian
9.Green Goblin
10.Lizard

Can I ask why people put Venom atop of their lists? He's a great villain sure, but he hasn't had that big impact on Peter's life like alot of his other rogues.

Mostly the cool factor. Plus you're forgetting the animated series. He ruled in that.

1.Doc Ock
2.Green Goblin
3.Venom
4.Kraven the Hunter
5.Electro
6.Sandman
7.Mysterio
8.The Lizard
9.Hobgoblin
10.Carnage

1 Mysterio
2 Scorpion
3 Chameleon
4 Green Goblin
5 Dr Octopus
6 Shocker
7 Rhino
8 Sandman
9 Vulture
10 Electro

:eek:

1.Green Goblin
2.Sandman
3.Docter Octopus
4.Venom
5.Electro
6.Mysterio
7.Hobgoblin
8.Carnage
9.Shocker
10.Chamelion(or however you spell it)

1. Shocker
2. Chameleon
3. Green Goblin (Norman)
4. Mendel Stromm
5. Montana
6. Spot
7. The Murderous Mimes
8. Slyde
9. Hydro Man
10. White Rabbit

I just wish there was room for The Vulture. But if a psycho, hot chick wants to dress up as a rabbit... it's hard to argue with that.

1. Doctor Octopus: He is the nemesis for Spider-Man.
2. The Green Goblin: He is the nemesis for Peter Parker.
3. Electro: Super powerful and super cool.
4. Mysterio: Always loved ol' fishbowl and his whacky illusions.
5. The Lizard: Great villain. Very tragic.
6. Carnage: The master of murder. Very fun villain.
7. Hobgoblin: A Goblin with attitude who's just in it for the money.
8. Venom: His stories from the early days were really good.
9. The Scorpion: He's as thick as two planks, but a really fun villain.
10. The Vulture: One of Spidey's most unique villains. I like the old buzzard ever since I read him in the Six.

Venom
Doc Ock
1st Hobgoblin
1st Green Goblin
Hydro-Man
Scorpion
Carnage
Morbius
Electro
Burgular

In no specific order...

Green Goblin