• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Top 5 Favourite New Franchise Characters of 2015

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's been a big year for established franchises to add new memorable characters to their respective worlds, one of the best in recent memory, so I was interested to see who were the Hype's resident movie fans favourites! :D

I'll start us off;

1. Ilsa Faust (Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation) It's been a great year for female action heroes and for me Ilsa was the pick of bunch, enigmatic, smart, skilled, brave, sexy and funny. She is Catwoman to Ethan Hunt's Batman.

2. Furiosa (Mad Max: Fury Road) Charlize Theron shed any semblance of glamour to deliver the badass mechanical armed driver of the War Wagon. What makes Furiosa really interesting though is that she is more than just a tough survivor, she is the voice of hope and compassion in a bleak future world despite being dealt a cruel hand.

3. Poe Dameron (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) The best pilot in the Galaxy! and we get to see why in one of the films most stunning scenes, he also manages the difficult balancing act of being cocky and charismatic yet friendly and likable, an unusual mix pulled off with aplomb by Oscar Isaac.

4. Scott Lang (Ant Man) The lovable loser turned hero is a classic down on his luck every man, cynical but charmingly funny and determined to make a go of his life and be the Dad his daughter deserves.

5. Rey & BB-8 (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) Cheating I guess but they kind of come as duo. Rey can turn her hand to pretty much anything, scavenging, fighting, shooting and even flying the Falcon, and that's just for starters! While BB-8 is a feisty inquisitive puppy dog of a droid that makes his mark much as R2 did nearly 40 years ago as an instant classic.

90811-600x300.jpg

8ir63nu.jpg

dave-bautista-spectre.jpg

I'm keeping this limited to the movies, otherwise it'd just be all Netflix/Marvel for my top 5.

1. Vision
the-vision.jpg

2. Ultron
Ultron-2.jpg

3. Scott Lang/Ant-Man
video-undefined-2478005700000578-711_636x358.jpg

4. Ilsa Faust
MI5-Rebecca-Ferguson.jpg

5. Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
http://cdn.****************.com/wp-content/uploads/Scarlet-Witch-670x335.jpg

I don't care if 'technically' they introduced her last year at the end of TWS, this was her true debut.

1. Owen Grady (Jurassic World)
2. Vision (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
3. Poe Dameron (Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
4. Furiosa (Mad Max: Fury Road)
5. Rey (Star Wars: The Force Awakens)

Is Ant-Man an established franchise? They've only had one movie. Or is it being considered as a whole in the MCU?

If that's the case Scott Lang and Luis would replace Rey and Furiosa.

1. Rey (Star Wars: The Force Awakens).
2. Ilsa Faust (Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation).
3. Kylo Ren (Star Wars: The Force Awakens).
4. Imperator Furiosa (Mad Max: Fury Road).
5. Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch (Avengers: Age of Ultron).

1) Rey (The Force Awakens)
2) Eggsy (Kingman: The Secret Service)
3) Ilsa Faust (Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation)
4) Finn (The Force Awakens)
5) Kylo Ren (The Force Awakens)

In no particular order:

BB-8
BB-8
BB-8
BB-8
BB-8

1) Kylo Ren
2) Ilsa Faust
3) Poe Dameron
4) Vision
5) Luis

Adonis Creed
Rey
Finn
Furiousa
Ilsa Faust

1. Owen Grady (Jurassic World)
2. Vision (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
3. Poe Dameron (Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
4. Furiosa (Mad Max: Fury Road)
5. Rey (Star Wars: The Force Awakens)

Is Ant-Man an established franchise? They've only had one movie. Or is it being considered as a whole in the MCU?

If that's the case Scott Lang and Luis would replace Rey and Furiosa.

It's a new franchise but part of a mega-franchise.

If people were to pit movie franchises against one another for example it'd be Jurassic Park 1-JW vs Iron Man 1-3 and not Jurassic Park 1-JW vs Iron Man 1-3 + nine other movies from six other franchises

Last edited:
1). Kylo Ren
2). Furiosa
3). Adonis Creed
4). Poe Dameron
5). Ilsa Faust

1) Franz Oberhauser
2) Furiosa
3) Poe Dameron
4) Ilsa Faust
5) Rey

1. Furiosa
2. Kylo Ren
3. BB-8
4. Ilsa Faust
5.Rey/Finn

1. Poe Dameron
2. Kylo Ren
3. BB-8
4. Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
5. Immortan Joe

Honorable Mentions: Rey, Finn, Scott Lang, Vision

No order.

The Vision (Though JARVIS was around, I still count him. He was just so uplifting. Eh? EH? ;) You get it. )
Ant-Man (Lang sold me as a great character, but the supporting was phenomenal.)
Furiosa (She's the standout of the whole movie, mech-hands down.)
Rey [Skywalker] (Gotta be. Her parallels in her lineage are showing. Anyways, super likeable character.)
Kylo Ren (SPOILERS, of sorts. When you find out who he is... When he takes off his mask... He became a character. Many disliked Kylo, for other than a certain reason. I thought him being a raging youth, rather than this truly in control, menacing villain gave him so much more depth.)

Last edited:
Furiosa
Immortan Joe
Kylo Ren
Owen Grady
Poe Daemeron

My favs are (in no particular order)
Ant-Man (the character as a whole, incl the Pym flashbacks)
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Rey
Kylo Ren

Ultron is defeated so he won't appear again. That excludes him from the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"