Daredevil Top 5 Things You Want to see Season 3

The thing about Gladiator in the comics was that when he left the villain life he sort of lost the "killer instinct" as Paul Vunak would say. He lost his edge which made him a worthy opponent for DD and when Matt brought him in on a case to work with him Potter's "going soft" ended up being a liability. Now for the show, could they sort of do that? Maybe. Could be that the woman he is involved with has given him too much stability and the violent outbursts we have seen on the show disappear and that is how they adapt that aspect of the character from the books. I don't know... Just spitballing.

I have a feeling, something could happen to Betsy and he'll snap and go into "killer instinct" mode. He seems to be doing everything just for her safety.

The thing about Gladiator in the comics was that when he left the villain life he sort of lost the "killer instinct" as Paul Vunak would say. He lost his edge which made him a worthy opponent for DD and when Matt brought him in on a case to work with him Potter's "going soft" ended up being a liability. Now for the show, could they sort of do that? Maybe. Could be that the woman he is involved with has given him too much stability and the violent outbursts we have seen on the show disappear and that is how they adapt that aspect of the character from the books. I don't know... Just spitballing.
I don't wanna see him turn on Daredevil. If anything I want to see him fight alongside and be a Defender.

1. Vanessa's Return, I'd love to see Vanessa as a main baddie for season 3, maybe orchestrating Kingpin's escape from afar. This would also give them a chance to get out of the overly stylized NY setting.
2. No more Nelson and Murdock. Keep Karen as a reporter (which is a far more interesting place for her to work and a much better use of her). Pair Foggie with Marcie and keep the team separated as work people but working together to fight crime.
3. More Elektra. Elodie Yung was the real standout of S2 for me and I want to give her more airtime with Daredevil.
4. Introduce Hellcat. Giving DD a network of fellow heroes would be fun.
5. More Claire. Rosario Dawson as a part of the main team of heroes would work well and give the main cast a new dynamic to play with.

I think Claire for sure should have some role in both the next DD season and DEFENDERS.

-Fisk out of prison and reunited with Vanessa
-Bullseye
-The Enforcers working for Kingpin
-Melvin suiting up as Gladiator
-Frederick Foswell introduced as a reporter and partner to Karen Page at the New York Bulletin. Have him start out as a reporter and develop him into the crime boss Big Man over the course of the season and maybe the next one. In the season after next, I'd have him be a rival to Kingpin's rule as the most powerful mob boss. I think a reporter turned mob boss would be a really unique character with a great arc, with the character's experiences as a reporter informing his ability to analyze the situation of Hell's Kitchen and find the best way to take control of the situation. He could be really smart, manipulating and mysterious with nobody knowing his identity.

latest

Honorable Mentions:
-Exploration of Karen's past
-Echo

Last edited:
- Typhoid Mary

- Bullseye

- More Wilson Fisk/Punisher/Elektra and Stick (all limited basis, much like Fisk was in prison with only a few episodes)

- Introduction and appearance of the Seven

- Iron Fist/Daniel Rand introduction and appearance in at least a
couple of episodes (setting up spinoff series)

- Typhoid Mary

- Bullseye

- More Wilson Fisk/Punisher/Elektra and Stick (all limited basis, much like Fisk was in prison with only a few episodes)

- Introduction and appearance of the Seven

- Iron Fist/Daniel Rand introduction and appearance in at least a
couple of episodes (setting up spinoff series)
Good news, Iron Fist season one is already filming, that and the Defenders will come out before DD season 3.

Heroin is probably more relevant nowadays. Maybe 10 years ago opiates would have been more relevant but heroin is pretty much everywhere.

Heroin is an opiate.

It just gets pointless arguing around in circles. I don't think Spiderman will be in this and think anyone expecting him to show up to be disappointed.
We all know this Pixen but don't take the dream away that maybe, just maybe, someday....

1) Bullseye
2) Typhoid Mary
3) Born Again adaptation with Kingpin
4) Further backstory for Karen and continuation of her arc
5) The Zodiac (they were mentioned in the Agent Carter one-shot, and their leader from the comics, Cornelius van Lunt (Taurus), was mentioned in passing as an Easter egg in Daredevil's first season, so it would be neat to see more of them)

DD Season 2 showed Matt taking on more and more of his DD persona at the expense of his Matt persona, and how this effected him and his moral fibre (ie distancing himself from humanity made him a lot more sympathetic towards Elektra and Punishers methods).

Realistically Season3 will likely follow the following beats -

1) Fisk getting a way to leave prison

2) Matt working to build his life as a lawyer back up and reconnecting with his friends. Maybe rebuilding Nelson and Murdoch or at least joining Foggy.

3) Fisk tearing Matts life all down again and sending Bullseye and Typhoid Mary (in Elektras place) after DD.

Definitely want to see Nelson & Murdock reform and Matt/Karen to get back together.

I would do an adaption of Born Again, but with some changes.

At the same time this happens, Fisk finds out that Karen was behind the death of Wesley. Fisk have his people investigate Karen, and Fisk finds out about her troubled past, where she had a heroin problem, which somehow played a part in the death of her brother. Fisk knows now how to avenge Wesley. Fisk kidnaps Karen and forces her to do heroin again, which is Karen's worst nightmare. After her brother died because of her drug problem, Karen promised to never get addicted to it again. Desperate to not go down that dark path again, Karen bargains with Fisk, saying if he lets her be, she'll give him the identity of his greatest enemy.

There's one little problem with this: it seems a bit less likely for Fisk to figure out that Karen killed Wesley, particularly after all this time. Even if he did, it would take a huge shift in Karen's fortunes to make her desperate and frightened enough to allow herself to be blackmailed by Fisk– who was responsible for all of her pain in Season 1, and who she (to put it mildly) hates. It would take something huge to prompt Karen to do anything for Fisk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"