• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Gifted Total ECLIPSE of the show - The Marcos Diaz / Sean Teale Thread

Reaction score
So apparently, he is the love interest of Lorna and this is the Age of X Sunspot.

If he was the Age of X Sunspot, his real name wouldn't be Marcos Diaz, it would be Roberto da Costa. :cwink:

[YT]uMzpMtddEmI[/YT]​

Yeah He's a made up character which sucks.

Doesn't bother me, just like it wouldn't if it -- something new -- were being introduced in the comics, instead. Which is the way I look at it, so I'll give him a chance. I actually like what I've seen of, and heard about so far, from both the character & the actor. He just got highlighted with some pretty favorable props here, IMO:

total-eclipse-750x563.jpg

As the star in the highly anticipated superhero series, Teale is the latest recruit to the X-Men universe. ...

... Sean Teale was still in high school when he landed his first short film. He recalls sitting on the steps of a farmhouse outside London, waiting to begin shooting, when he felt someone approach him from behind. “I’m freezing and I get this weird nudge from above and hear this grunt,” says Teale, an animated, engrossing storyteller. “I look up, and it is Tom Hardy, about half a foot from my face, with a shotgun and an air rifle on his back. I didn’t manage to get many words out. And he just says, ‘All right, mate, are you playing Derek?’ ”...

total-eclipse-1.jpg

... Teale didn’t need much schooling on the franchise’s inherent parable. “It’s about being a minority and being persecuted for it—for something that’s not your fault,” he says. “They’ve made the show at this time because of what’s happening in Eastern Europe and Russia. There’s antigay sentiment, Islamophobia, and all sorts of persecution across the globe.”...

... Teale hardly seems qualified to relate to a series about outsiders. The smolderingly handsome 25-year-old was born and raised in the wealthy suburbs of west London. His school, Latymer Upper, counts Hugh Grant and Alan Rickman among its alumni. But he had his own identity crisis, born out of his trans-global heritage. “My parents are Spanish and South American, but I didn’t like speaking Spanish,” he says. “I was a London boy and wanted to be English. Kids would say mean things. It made me close up and not be too open about it.”

Now he proudly identifies as Venezuelan, Spanish, and Welsh—though a recent DNA test taken as part of a promo for The Gifted uncovered that some of his ancestors were Scandinavian and Kenyan. “I’m super hybrid. There’s some Italian and Greek in there as well, which is where all the hairiness comes from,” he says, pulling down the front of his shirt to reveal a healthy crop of dark chest fuzz. ...

I love this show so far, but am I the only one who feels like Eclipse was supposed to be Sunspot until someone decided to use (a worse looking) version of him in New Mutants? He looks just like Sunspot from Days of Future Past with that beard. And putting him and Blink together on this team seemed like a call to the future in DOFP...oh well.

Having Eclipse and Thunderbird is definitely a nod to the team that Blink was with in DOFP. I mean we have the tracker, teleporter, and heat based mutant. :woot:

I view him as an amalgamation of Havok and Sunspot, I would maybe have preferred Alex Summers but I'm fine with it.

I'm unhappy they went with the cartel storyline.
I'm not saying they should never make a minority have a criminal past, those are stories still worthy of telling in the right hands.
Just that here it seemed really stereotypical, and for good measures they made him pray with a rosary, I think.
Can't have people miss he's "brown and illegal", can't we?
I get all that X-Men-as-minorities thing but not every and each one of them has to have all the trappings of a hard life.
This goes for most television yet, I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"