Toy Lines that Should be

Have yo ever seena movie called Icebreaker?

It's kind of lame....but Alright...it's like Die Hard on a mountain...Sean Astin plays the Hero and Brucie plays the Villain.....

I bought it at Wal-Mart for $4.88 one day, and it was worth that much

I'd like to see some decent toys based on Jaws, not some $300 even-phonier-looking sculptures of an already-phony-looking shark which seems to be the trend right now (or even plugging some plush that probably isn't even going to see the light of day). Some 12" figures of Brody, Hooper and Quint (or 6" with a foam-rubber recast of the 24" shark maquette for a hand puppet) would be nice, IMO. Barring that, since Lego is producing Indiana Jones sets next year in time for the new movie - and have already done Jurassic Park sets for JP3 - a Lego version of the Orca would be awesome too.

There was a McFarlane Box Set way back when that I recall was pretty good.

mcfarlane-toys-jaws-deluxe-boxed-set.jpg

jaws600.jpg

you know... after looking at alot of buffy figs the other day... boy do i wish they'd get better... some are pretty decent... but most just have an ok head sculpt... i honestly can't stand most of the buffy/angel figs bodies... the delux ones are a step up, but man-o-man is there bodies (and some head sculpts) keeping me from buying any of them.

There was a McFarlane Box Set way back when that I recall was pretty good.

mcfarlane-toys-jaws-deluxe-boxed-set.jpg

jaws600.jpg

Yeah, if you don't mind having only half the boat and half the shark and not being able to DO anything with them (though I must admit the pull-apart Quint was a nice touch - grossly out of scale with the rest of the Movie Maniacs, but a nice touch regardless).

you know... after looking at alot of buffy figs the other day... boy do i wish they'd get better... some are pretty decent... but most just have an ok head sculpt... i honestly can't stand most of the buffy/angel figs bodies... the delux ones are a step up, but man-o-man is there bodies (and some head sculpts) keeping me from buying any of them.

I only buy the Deluxe ones...Except Lorne....I don't see a Delux lorne coming any time soon....plus he doesn't need a lot of artic......would have like a handgun with him though....

There are new ones coming...I can't remember what they're calling them, but the first wave if Angel and Buffy and they basically have two sets of legs....I'll prolly only get them because they look like they are coming with big Diorama bases....lemme see if I can find a pic.

dsc00029aw6.jpg
dsc00031bq8.jpg

They're called Revamped....even less articulation.....but the Faces looks phenomenal...Buff especially......more pics here.

http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=65537&g2_page=2

watchxr9.gif

Then again they were Pending approval at NYTF in Feb.....and they weren't shown at SDCC....but no buffy figs were...

What scale are those figs anyway?? 6"??? I'd love that dumpster one.

Most other Buffy figs are six inch...so Yeah, I'd assume.hope so

It'd suck if they were smaller sets. Or bigger like the Star Wars Unleashed.

I only buy the Deluxe ones...Except Lorne....I don't see a Delux lorne coming any time soon....plus he doesn't need a lot of artic......would have like a handgun with him though....

There are new ones coming...I can't remember what they're calling them, but the first wave if Angel and Buffy and they basically have two sets of legs....I'll prolly only get them because they look like they are coming with big Diorama bases....lemme see if I can find a pic.

dsc00029aw6.jpg
dsc00031bq8.jpg

They're called Revamped....even less articulation.....but the Faces looks phenomenal...Buff especially......more pics here.

http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=65537&g2_page=2

watchxr9.gif

it's kinda boring though... esp having them fight nothing :( the bases are awsome though

on a side note... i do want those statues though.. (buffy, spike, willow, angel)

not the kicking ones... but the ones that follow are statues.... of spike (with a teddy bear and fire), buffy (in a crypt, staking a vamp), willow (levitating in the library) and angel (knocking down a door)

Oh, because the I'd most certainly stay away from them if they were. I want stuff I can mod.

well the statues (not the figs) are pretty bad ass... and i'd love to eventually get them all....

btw... i just started packing figs up today and yesterday... and as of right now... i can NOT believe... that i have this many figs... lol there so compiled in shelves u cant even begin to understand how many i have.. so i took a pic..

figgalore.jpg

figgalore2.jpg

and to think... i thought they'd all fit in the container :(

Isn't it crazy? You don't even realize how many figures you have until they're all in a pile. I'm going to take a picture of everything I have tonight, if I can find my camera, and I'll show everyone what I got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"