• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Trailers with TDK

No trailers... I'm gonna be a nervous wreck July 23, waiting until the movie starts! :D

In IMAX I don't think there will be any previews. At 152 min long, there isn't any room on the IMAX film platters. If there is a trailer on the IMAX version, it will have to be a very short teaser. I don't think there will be anything but the movie.

Edit - It turns out there will be 2 previews on the front of the IMAX version of TDK

Who cares?

Personally I do. I love watching trailers as much as I love watching films. It brings the whole excitement. I'm very pumped for TDK..my wife even says I'm obsessed, but I still very much look forward to see what they have to tickle my fancy after the film stops running.

And if you don't care, why even make a post on a thread about trailers? :whatever:

Yea IMAX usually doesnt carry the whole lot of trailers... I remember i got nothing with superman returns and like one or two with beowulf.

but ..who isnt going to see TDK in IMAX then regular theaters anyway? hAh.

If there isnt a Watchmen trailer Im going to walk out of the theater and demand for my money back.

But really, there better be a Watchmen teaser with some footage. Or I will probably cry untill TDK starts.

IMAX showings generally only have 1-2 trailers max. Only trailer I really care about seeing are for Quantum of Solace and the Watchmen.

Bond is with Hancock.

I'll say

-Terminator
-Curious Case of Benjamin Button
-Star Wars: Clone Wars
-Harry Potter 6
-Yes Man
-Watchmen

All W.B. biggies

Bond is with Hancock.

I'll say

-Terminator
-Curious Case of Benjamin Button
-Star Wars: Clone Wars
-Harry Potter 6
-Yes Man
-Watchmen

All W.B. biggies

Because of the 150 min + running time of TDK, I didn't think there would be any room on the IMAX film platters to fit any previews. I was wrong, I have heard that there will be two previews/teasers playing before TDK in IMAX.

What up coming Hollywood films would people like to see in IMAX?

what flicks are coming up to get the treatment?

Because of the 150 min + running time of TDK, I didn't think there would be any room on the IMAX film platters to fit any previews. I was wrong, I have heard that there will be two previews/teasers playing before TDK in IMAX.

Where did you hear about this?
My guess is Terminator Salvation and 007

Where did you hear about this?
My guess is Terminator Salvation and 007

I heard it from someone who works at an IMAX theatre. I don't know how much I can say with out getting someone in trouble. Rather than waiting for the studios and IMAX corp to decide what films will be coming to IMAX theatres, wouldn't it be better for movie fans to tell the corporations what we want to see in IMAX. Perhaps we would have had Iron Man instead of Speed Racer.

I would love to see the next Terminator film in IMAX.

They are not restricted to new films either. With their DMR technology, they can convert just about any 35mm film into the IMAX format and have it look and sound great. I would love to see Gladiator in IMAX!

The Spirit
Watchmen
Quantum of Solace
Wolfman (Benicio Del Toro Re-Make)
Terminator: Salvation (Doubt it)
Star Trek

Any one of those would be awesome.

I heard it was either going to be Terminator or Watchmen..hopefully both!

The Spirit
Watchmen
Quantum of Solace
Wolfman (Benicio Del Toro Re-Make)
Terminator: Salvation (Doubt it)
Star Trek

Any one of those would be awesome.

Good list, why do you doubt Terminator: Salvation?

I would add Transformers 2 and wouldn't mind seeing Iron Man re released in the fall like they did last year with Transformers. The next Harry Potter film is coming in November, so anything that opens in November would be off the list of possible IMAX releases. We also know that the next 4 Dreamworks Animation films will be released in IMAX with Madagascar 2 and IMAX 3D with Monsters vs Aliens, How to Train Your Dragon, and the fourth Shrek film.

Good list, why do you doubt Terminator: Salvation?

I would add Transformers 2 and wouldn't mind seeing Iron Man re released in the fall like they did last year with Transformers. The next Harry Potter film is coming in November, so anything that opens in November would be off the list of possible IMAX releases.

Only because I assumed it just started filming. But now I think about it, it's totally reasonable to have a teaser a year before the movie comes, like The Dark Knight teaser in front of The Simpsons.

*And now it seems to be confirmed*

BRING BACK LOTR for the Imax, I hope Watchmen and T4 goes Imax that would awesome

I'm confused, do they only show upcoming IMAX movies at an IMAX?

I know T4 is confirmed and I think someone else said Watchmen as well cause there was a listing for trailer releases and Watchmen said July 18th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"