Transformers Transformers DVD first week sales!!!!

Kargo Warrior

Scientist
Reaction score
Paramount says first-week sales numbers for its HD DVD release of 'Transformers' top those of any other high-def disc released on either next gen format to date.
According to a just-issued press release from Paramount, the HD DVD edition of 'Transformers' sold over 100,000 units in its first day of release, and went on to sell an additional 90,000 units over next six days, making it the fastest and best-selling week one release on either high definition format, as well as the best selling HD DVD ever.

The standard-def version of 'Transformers' also made news, moving over 8.3 million units in its first week, and 4.5 million copies on day one, a new record for the year 2007.

The performance of the 'Transformers' DVD and HD DVD has demonstrated the phenomenal success of this global franchise," said Kelley Avery, president, Worldwide Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures. “We’re happy to be kicking off the fourth quarter with a title that clearly shows home entertainment releases are still an event that drives consumers into stores—which is a win for both content providers and retailers.”
Paramount's HD DVD release of 'Transformers' last week came less than two months after the studio abruptly announced it would drop support of the Blu-ray format, and would release its next-gen titles on HD DVD exclusively. The studio reportedly received $150 million in exchange for its exclusivity.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s..._HD_DVD_Smashes_First-Week_Sales_Records/1093

HELL YEAH :trans: :wow: :trans: :wow:

Loved this movie. Glad I bought it and spent money on it in the theaters.

:trans: :trans: :trans:

:up: this is more good news for there being a Sequel.

Great news! A bigger budget, more Autobots and Decepticons, TF2 here we come, Awesome!

An awsome movie deserves awsome sales.

Well done Optimus, well done.:trans:

the profit TF made this time already gain all the expenses for TF II and III, so what money made from those movie will be pure profit. TF rocks!

Well didnt you read the whole article?

''The standard-def version of 'Transformers' also made news, moving over 8.3 million units in its first week, and 4.5 million copies on day one, a new record for the year 2007.''

D'oh. I didn't notice "The standard-def version". My bad. >.<

Thanks.

All i gotta say is, TF deserves ALL of the success it has had and will continue to have, cant wait for TF2 even more now!

Hopefully, in the sequel, the majority of an epic fight won't happen off-screen.

Hopefully, in the sequel, the majority of an epic fight won't happen off-screen.

Agreed 100%, we need a big, epic, more equal fight between Meg's and OP in the next movie. Budget shouldnt be an issue for the sequel, so hopefully we get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"