Transformers Michael Bays Says No to Transformers 2?

Eh, I'm not going to get into the hi-def wars until they pick a format.
I don't exactly have an HD-TV right now anyway.

I'll prolly have to buy Star Wars again, lol.

-Vaportrail

^I'm the same, i'm gonna see how it all plays out because knowing my luck, i will choose the one that loses!

^ I am also waiting until the HD wars are over and a format has won, my regular DVDs look just fine on my 70" big screen.

Vaportrail, I also will have to buy Star Wars........Again:woot:

Bay will do Transformers 2 he simply overreacted, so far the movie has made $675 million at the WW BO which is his most successful to date, people actually liked his move, his "blow it up big" style works with our giant robot heros, and working with SS can only make him a better film maker and storyteller. So in short he would be INSANE not to come back.

^Agreed, i would be VERY surprised if he didnt, plus he is bound to get more freedom and budget for the sequel.

My guess Bay just got a little pissed and he'll probably do Transformers 2; if not though the only director I can think of giving the film to is Peter Jackson. He can obviously write a perfect story with the best special effects and be able to fit all the characters in decently all in about 3 hours, but that's cool with me.:woot:

My guess Bay just got a little pissed and he'll probably do Transformers 2; if not though the only director I can think of giving the film to is Peter Jackson. He can obviously write a perfect story with the best special effects and be able to fit all the characters in decently all in about 3 hours, but that's cool with me.:woot:

Yeah 3 hours of Transformers would be totally awesome :woot: :trans:

I wouldnt mind Transformers 2 go with a different director. Maybe the scene editing will be coherent. Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing the characters I've loved for so long brought to life with the care and respect he did (I truly believe that).... but his editing style sucks balls.

ediditng?
when the soilder is talking to hes wife.
daytime when he is talking.
daytiem when the helicopter is flying.
dark when he is landing.
daytime when he is talking to hes wife and when the helicopter attacks.

you mean this? ohhhhh that was to obvious even for the first time ehehehhehe.

ediditng?
when the soilder is talking to hes wife.
daytime when he is talking.
daytiem when the helicopter is flying.
dark when he is landing.
daytime when he is talking to hes wife and when the helicopter attacks.

you mean this? ohhhhh that was to obvious even for the first time ehehehhehe.

Ha, ha, ha, yeah that was to funny, maybe Blackout was able to control time and change day to night? :oldrazz:

Good news to me. Hopefully Spielberg will do the sequel, that would kick every type of ass. :up:

^I dont think Spielberg will direct any of them, dont know why, just a feeling i get.

^I dont think Spielberg will direct any of them, dont know why, just a feeling i get.

I don't think he will either, I think he is happy to sit back and let Mr. Bay do them, SS will have his say as Exc. Producer but I think he will leave the Directing to someone else. But if he did direct I wouldn't be upset. :yay:

PLEASE YES!!! no michael on the sequel if he is ust going to do what he did on part one which was SHUN THE TRANSFORMERS

i agree. if he would want to direct then he would directed this one. but he didnt want to.
he likes to be a producer to some movies that he likes....but not enough to direct them. :woot:

I don't think he will either, I think he is happy to sit back and let Mr. Bay do them, SS will have his say as Exc. Producer but I think he will leave the Directing to someone else. But if he did direct I wouldn't be upset. :yay:

i agree. if he would want to direct then he would directed this one. but he didnt want to.
he likes to be a producer to some movies that he likes....but not enough to direct them. :woot:

Yeah i agree with both of you, he would of directed TF but IMO he wants to sit back and watch it as a fan, but have some say on were it is going. I REALLY hope he does come back as EP on the sequel though. I think Bay will have all kinds of crazy ideas and i want SS there to make sure it all stays as faithful as possible.

NOOO lease let him not do it!! give it too tony scott hahaha

Yeah i agree with both of you, he would of directed TF but IMO he wants to sit back and watch it as a fan, but have some say on were it is going. I REALLY hope he does come back as EP on the sequel though. I think Bay will have all kinds of crazy ideas and i want SS there to make sure it all stays as faithful as possible.

Exactly, Bay even said that on this film when he was thinking of putting even more Bots in it ,SS was the one who pulled him back and told him to just focus on the ones he already had and build the connection with these characters, SS is a fan and he wants it done right, both of these two need to be involved in any sequels.

Exactly, Bay even said that on this film when he was thinking of putting even more Bots in it ,SS was the one who pulled him back and told him to just focus on the ones he already had and build the connection with these characters, SS is a fan and he wants it done right, both of these two need to be involved in any sequels.

I 100% agree once again ADK, i want Bay back definately, but SS also NEEDS to be there to keep his ideas in check, otherwise i fear Bay may go a little OTT.

Bay's directing style fits Transformers. I think he did a good job with the film so I want him to come back, but I think he should be a little less choppy with the editing.

Bay's directing style fits Transformers. I think he did a good job with the film so I want him to come back, but I think he should be a little less choppy with the editing.

Agreed on all points, i want both Bay and Spielberg to come back.

But, the choppy editing IS him. He practically perfected the style (he didn't invent it since its long been known as a hackneyed technique for commercials way before Bay). The editing is done ON PURPOSE (as a way to elicit contrived artificial emotion from the audience). Without the choppy editing, all you have is a Rolland Emmerich movie.

When you guys are saying choppy editing, your referring to the action shots right?

The close tight-shaky-cam effect during the action was very annoying to me. I dont remember it being quite as extreme in any other Bay movie other that TF. This is the one movie where he should have cut back on that. Usually a director will try to mask certain flawed effects by doing this, or making the scene dark, so that the audience won't notice the errors but the effect's in TF were falwless, so he had no reason to do this. His style did not allow the effects to be showcased as well as they should have been.

But when all is said i done, i want Bay back. Just different writers this time. I really don't think they researched what the were writing. Any idiot with google could have looked up which abyss on earth is the deepest, but they screwed up even that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"