Transformers Transformers - Score by Steve Jablonsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warhammer

Half Monk, Half Hitman
Reaction score
This thread is for the discussion of the film score by Steve Jablonsky.

The score was really good, IMO. Jablonsky really struck me with "This Tongue Thing's Amazing" from The Island (it was also the song used in the Ghost Rider teaser). He did it to me again with the Autobot theme from Transformers.

Transformers07.jpg

Discuss the score!

:up:

Nothing special. It was only 2 or 3 note-changes from the Island's closing theme. John Williams' scores are starting to sound the same, too. I think he's run out of ideas. I had hoped Jablonsky wouldn't have fallen into that trap so soon in his career.

I enjoyed. It didn't really stand out too much, but definitely made the movie better.

It was nice. Most critics have said good things about the score.

prettygood, not john williams, but it works

I enjoys the score, it really added to the mood of a number of scenes.

...haven't seen the movie yet, but from what i heard on the tv commercial
I wish they’d use heavy metal songs and not “gougou doll” sentimental crap!

Anyway I love the transformers song from the group "lions" in the first animated movie
As a matter of fact, it’s one of my favorite songs
I still listen to it from time to time.

good, the score does help a lot making this movie an action movie, not an another toy-story cartoon movie.

Someone needs to get that Transformers main theme, and send me a PM of the download, pronto.

:up:

The only part that really stuck with me was when the rest of the Transformers were falling to earth, looking like a bunch of meteors.

I'm pretty sure he jacked the main titles from "Terminator" in a couple spots too...

I love the music the the autobots landed on earth

i heard the batman begin tune in there 80% of the film...
the "ti ti tu tu ti ti tu tu ti ti tu"
lol

but realll it was heart pumping and fit very well

I also heard the Batman Begins in there too, but I really think that it was very nicely done. Even in the game it has a very nice soundtrack also. It almost sounds like music that would be in a movie. Very nice indeed.:trans:

Yeah, the score did remind me of The Island. During the whole third act of Transformers and when all the clones were running free in the desert in the Island were similar as both had the choir singing "aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" kinda thing. I liked it.

I enjoyed the Decepticon theme a bit more though.

Did the Autobots get their own them, or was it just the main theme?

I enjoyed the Decepticon theme a bit more though.

Did the Autobots get their own them, or was it just the main theme?

Autobots theme was the main theme.
I want that so bad.

You can hear it at the end of the HBO first look, too.

I hated it. Too much of it and it was akin to a single note throughout the film.

I think they should have gone a'la the cartoon and use the classic TF theme's melody as ther main theme. It would have been identifiable then!

I hated it. Too much of it and it was akin to a single note throughout the film.

I think they should have gone a'la the cartoon and use the classic TF theme's melody as ther main theme. It would have been identifiable then!

But then it would've been cheesy and made scenes campy.

Are they going to release the score?

But then it would've been cheesy and made scenes campy.

Only if they played it big and overblown.

I hate the "It's old/from the 80s so it'd suck today" argument. It's complete foolishness.

Only if they played it big and overblown.

I hate the "It's old/from the 80s so it'd suck today" argument. It's complete foolishness.

I didn't say that it sucked today.
I mean itt wouldn't fit in context, IMO.

anyone here the terminator theme while optimus was butchering bonecrusher???

it was VERY clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"