• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Tron: Uprising

RS5InRs.gif

Z2RAU6t.gif

UoJF5Jw.gif

ndPgSoL.gif

uwIrSlt.gif

wFTZe9n.gif

H5BqB7U.gif

ipCdTk6.gif

PMHMMi4.gif

Cxd3IPi.gif

Tron Uprising concept art by Joon Ahn

Click to enlarge

Tron: Uprising - Vehicle concept art by Vaughan Ling

oY8OOLF.jpg

FvLuMCe.jpg

83Az2sW.jpg

o0Q6377.jpg

4B542z5.jpg

TuzJTwN.jpg

gXvNz4x.jpg

TRON: UPRISING Compilation Reel by Alberto Mielgo
Here's a recent, four minute compilation reel put together by the incredibly talented artist Alberto Mielgo -- who was the Art Director/Production Designer on TRON: UPRISING. In it, Mielgo showcases some of his favorite scenes from the entire series.

Mielgo worked on TRON: UPRISING for three years, and received an Annie Award for Best Production Design in an Animated Television Production on February 2, 2013: Presented by the International Animated Film Society -- ASIFA Hollywood (annieawards.org).

The stunningly epic, highly stylized artwork truly shows how unique and ahead of its time the series was.

http://vimeo.com/65043932

Tron: Uprising is on Netflix instant watch!

:woot:

Been waiting for that to happen. Thanks the info, Kane.

The Grid On Netflix...

"Tron: Uprising" is one of the most creatively underrated animated series created...

And the chaotic schedule that the Mouse put in on gave fans of the series a hard time finding it. It also made it difficult for a potential growing audience. So there was/has been no announcement of a new season following the original run. But if you liked the show, there's a new way to see it; especially if you don't have Disney XD.

Netflix.

Disney, as part of their expanding deal with the streaming Juggernaut have announced that the entire season of the show will be available on demand for all its subscribers. The show along with four others ("Jake and the Never Land Pirates", "Handy Manny," "Special Agent Oso" and "JoJo's Circus,"), increase the company's content on Netflix. Will this result in more shows?

There has been no announcement of a season two of the show, and we don't know if they will continue it on XD. But what about Netflix? They have brought other shows back to life based on viewing habits. Could Disney Television Animation get another season together by proxy? Having Netflix decide to pay to have more seasons available on demand? It would be a way for The Walt Disney Company to continue to have more episodes while defraying the cost of such an expenditure.

Netflix is looking to add more family entertainment recently (Turbo F.A.S.T.). Could this be a way to broaden the Tron universe by partnering with Netflix? It could be a business friendly way to increase content and exposure for a franchise that has a sequel in development. It would be a great way to remind the public that the Grid is still alive.

And it's on Netflix...

Just finished the show on Netflix. One of the better animated shows in the last decade. I really enjoyed it. The music, voice acting, design and writing was all top notch. I would love for it to come back, especially since it ended on a cliff hanger, but I doubt it.

Glad you loved it venom. :up:

I noticed that my review of the show on Netflix is rated the highest. :woot:

It seems weird to me that Disney just let it die. It could have been something really special.

Most underrated animated show of the last decade (probably since Gargoyles). So glad it's on Netflix, but that probably means we will never see it on DVD. Disney just assumes because it's available streaming, that's enough; but I'd love it on DVD.

Kane I admire your dedication to keep this show alive. :up: Shame what could have been.

Thanks lol I'm really glad Co-Host praised the hell out of that show. I hear it's doing great on netflix which is a great sign.

Also for anyone on tumblr, this guy has set up a great fan page. (it's where I got most of my gifs from)

http://voxeljello.tumblr.com/

and for some great art

http://uprisingart.tumblr.com/

Last edited:
Almost done watching this show. It's amazing. Like a modern Batman Beyond

Seeing this thread depresses me because this show was so amazing.

Finally some recognition :up:

Here's the video I'm guessing that was sent to the judges:

http://vimeo.com/65043932
That's a great video.

Alberto Mielgo said:
During 3 years I was working on Tron Uprising as the Art Director/Production Designer.
I received the Primetime EMMY AWARD for individual achievement in animation for Best Art Direction and the ANNIE AWARD for best Production Design in an Animated Television Production

Here, 4 minutes re-edit of my favourite scenes.

AV Club highlighted Tron Uprising in their recent articles.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/a-book-of-flexidiscs-the-history-of-film-a-viableb,103140/
TRON: Uprising
Though Tron: Legacy ended up a financial success, it effectively nuked excitement for the franchise that had building for years. But the interstitial series TRON: Uprising, meant to drive publicity for the long-gestating Legacy sequel, turned out to be much more than a way to keep the property in the minds of children during a lengthy development process. Taking place in the time between the two theatrical films, with great voice performances from Elijah Wood, Bruce Boxleitner, Mandy Moore, Nate Corddry, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Paul Reubens, and—for the series’ best multi-episode arc—Breaking Bad’s Aaron Paul, Uprising wove together the most consistent and entertaining story in the Tron universe. For some reason, Disney abandoned the series to DisneyXD instead of the flagship network, and declined to renew it after one season—allegedly because its fan base skewed much older than Disney’s target demographic. But now that the entire series is streaming on Netflix, it deserves to be recognized as the rare artful and mature animated series, influenced by other shows from Reboot and Batman Beyond to Star Wars: The Clone Wars. [Kevin McFarland]

ANIME NEWS: Polygon Pictures-produced 'Transformers Prime,' other works nab Annie nominations
Translated by The Asahi Shimbun from the website of Anime Anime Japan Ltd.
Three U.S. animated TV series produced by leading CG production house Polygon Pictures Inc. have been nominated in four categories at the 41st annual Annie Awards.

"Tron: Uprising" has been nominated for Best General Audience Animated TV/Broadcast Production, while "Transformers Prime" is in the running for Outstanding Achievement, Production Design in an Animated TV/Broadcast Production.

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars" has been nominated for Outstanding Achievement, Character Animation in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production and Outstanding Achievement, Editorial in an Animated TV/Broadcast Production.

Often referred to as the Academy Awards for animation, the Annie Awards are presented by the International Animated Film Association to recognize excellence in film, television, commercial and video game projects.

"Tron: Uprising" stems from the "Tron" film franchise. Hollywood star Elijah Wood voices the main character.

The series won the 40th Annie Awards in the Character Design and Production Design categories.

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars" won Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program at the 40th annual Daytime Emmy Awards.

An animated TV series adaptation of the live-action "Transformers" film series, "Transformers: Prime" received the awards for Outstanding Special Class Animated Program and Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation at the 39th Daytime Emmys.

The awards ceremony for the 41st Annie Awards will take place on Feb. 1 in Los Angeles.

For more information, visit the official websites of the Annie Awards at (http://annieawards.org/) and Polygon Pictures at (http://www.ppi.co.jp/).

To see the original story in Japanese, go to the official site of "Anime Anime" (http://animeanime.jp/).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"