TSA failed to catch man with loaded gun on airplane

Teelie

Fish Food
Reaction score
You had one job, TSA, and you failed miserably at it. But we shouldn't be surprised since you miss 95% of illegal contraband when they tested your (in)capability.

U.S. (KXAN) — The Transportation Security Agency is responding after a big security failure at one of America’s busiest airports.

A man says he brought a loaded gun through security at Atlanta’s airport and boarded a Southwest flight without anyone stopping him.

Blake Alford says he didn’t know the gun was in his bag until he arrived at his destination. Alford says it was an innocent mistake, but he felt that he had to come forward.

“I just want to do the right thing. I didn’t want to get into trouble. I didn’t want to get anybody in trouble. I guess wanted every body to realize we need to tighten up,” said Alford.

In response, the TSA says it’s investigating the incident and will re-train employees as necessary.

On Tuesday, a replica handgun was discovered at ANOTHER busy airport.
WFLA

I'm just glad the guy is calling TSA out on their glaring mistake instead of just going "Ha ha! I got away with it!" like many others would.

TSA could also actually be used to be effective as oppose to mostly useless.

Heard about this a few days ago. Not surprised.

The TSA's own people (the so-called red team agents) have tired this and find that 3 out of 4 restricted items get on a plane.

Given the people who become TSA agents, does this surprise anyone?

Just about anyone can be a TSA agent. They have low requirements because the turn over rate is somewhere along the lines of working in fast food. You aren't going to get the best, the brightest, the most dedicated or honest people when you set the bar low then give the employees bad pay and no incentive to care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"