Twelve reasons why nbc is a last-place network

I know everyone hates NBC but honestly it's the one network I watch the most shows from. Community, Parks and Recreation, The Office, 30 Rock, Parenthood, and now I'll be watching Smash and Awake. I only watch 2 or 3 shows at the most from each of the other networks.

Same here and I've definitely been more passionate about the shows on NBC over the past 5 years.

CBS
HIMYM
- Occasionally I'll watch it
- Used to watch TBBT, only liked their second season
- My favourite thing about 2 Broke Girls is the theme music, just a horrible sitcom that is the new Two and a Half Men.
- Watched Survivor long ago but after the first All-Stars that was it. Same with The Amazing Race, I had my fill of that.
- As for the dramas, none of them really interest me. I tried Hawaii Five-0 but wasn't for me and I only have a certain amount of time for TV shows and cable shows take up a lot.

ABC
Happy Endings, Modern Family
- I enjoy watching them but I don't enjoy them as much as the NBC comedies
- I haven't watched more than one ABC show since the 1990s

Fox
- New Girl has its moments but not as good as NBC Thursdays
- haven't watched Fringe this season
- tried Terra Nova didn't like it, probably why I didn't give Alcatraz a chance.

NBC

Community, Parks and Rec, 30 Rock,
- The top three comedies on network TV. I own Community, 30 Rock and The Office merchandise, I had the Swanson Pyramid of Greatness posted up at my desk at work. They're lowly rated but I love these shows.
The Office, Up All Night
- I'll tune in but it isn't the same and Up All Night should be edited down to a web series, only watch because of Arnett (who I got to meet last fall!).
Smash
- watched this online and liked it. Will certainly tune in the next few weeks.
Awake
- been waiting since last spring since I saw the trailer to watch this!
The CW
Veronica Mars is still the only show I've enjoyed. Their new head at least is trying for a rebuild.

Last edited:

To be fair, the Knight Rider pilot movie had good ratings. Obviously a lot of nostalgia factor ripe for a show that could feed into it.

But then, NBC had go the usual route of ****ing up a good thing and completely changed it up when it went to series. When they went back to the Knight Rider formula and in the back half of the season, and actually played on the nostalgia like they always should have, the show was much improved. But another case of too little, far too late.

And, to be fair again, all the networks are pulling the bs NBC is with Grimm. Even CBS's top shows, like NCIS, go on hiatus for weeks for...some ****ing reason that no one understands. Of course, NCIS has 8 seasons of fans willing to put up with it. On the other hand, Grimm....

Networks want people to watch live, yet they screw around with the schedules to the point where people stop caring. They either watch on DVR or stream, wait until the DVD season comes out, or just plain give up on the show.

Last edited:
I know everyone hates NBC but honestly it's the one network I watch the most shows from. Community, Parks and Recreation, The Office, 30 Rock, Parenthood, and now I'll be watching Smash and Awake. I only watch 2 or 3 shows at the most from each of the other networks.

You know, I was starting to watch more NBC.

Chuck, Grimm, Harry's Law, Prime Suspect, and Community.

Let's see...

Chuck is done.

Harry's Law is dying because the changes in season 2 were too sudden went against what the show was supposed to be about.

Prime Suspect, while great, couldn't find an audience because it made some serious missteps right off the bat.

Whitney is awful. Good thing NBC moved it and replaced it on Thursdays with a better show.

- My favourite thing about 2 Broke Girls is the theme music, just a horrible sitcom that is the new Two and a Half Men.

Thank God I'm not the only one who sees this. It's not comedy. It's just a string of painfully obvious, on-the-nose one liners. That show got the biggest criticism at the TCA and rightfully so. I honestly don't think 2 Broke Girls is any better than Whitney or Chelsea. :o

Except when they're right. And they were. Because 2 Broke Girls is garbage. :o

NBC should replace their peacock with a dinosaur, because that's what they've become.

Seriously, NBC? Fashion Star?
Even I have to facepalm this. NBC apparently saw Project Runway for the first time and thought, "hey we can do that". I think it would have been better suited for Bravo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"