• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Two Heroes Cut From JLA?

I was just readin 'Identity Crisis' again and I like the idea of the 'league within the league'. Barry, Hal, GA, BC, Hawkman, Atom and Zatanna.

Why kill Superman? Just put Brandon in the film! I'm sure he will do it. Nolan's Batman doesn't, but Singer's Superman sure feels like he would belong in a universe full of heroes. As for Batman, just say he was expelled (or even better, that he quit!) Batman could be introduced in a 2nd or 3rd film, after the Nolan films are (sadly) finished.

As long as you have Superman in it, WB is safe in making money on this film.

Oh, and throw in Supergirl. It was established in the Donner universe that she is on Earth. She would have been there still when Superman went off on his 5 year adventure. No reason why she wouldn't be in the JL film. She would also be a huge draw for fanboys!

I have an idea. It's kind of crazy and out there, but how about the first JLA movie be actually about the formation of the JLA!!! :wow:

Won't have much substance to it without doing at least four of the heroes before hand ^^^

Honestly...anyone who thinks that the JLA can work without B & S do not understand the concept of the JLA whatsoever...

It's like saying the beatles couldve worked without John Lennon and Paul McCartney...

It can work with out Superman and Batman it may be very hard in the public eye (away from comic book fans) but it can work.

I don't see WB doing a JLA movie without Batman and Superman.

At this point, I really can't see WB doing anything...

Honestly...anyone who thinks that the JLA can work without B & S do not understand the concept of the JLA whatsoever...

It's like saying the beatles couldve worked without John Lennon and Paul McCartney...

That's why they should use one. Preferably Superman. They could reboot him from stratch.

Batman's still tied up with Nolan at the moment to do much with him.

:grin:
That's why they should use one. Preferably Superman. They could reboot him from stratch.

Batman's still tied up with Nolan at the moment to do much with him.

That's what I want them to do. Get Routh to play Superman and leave Batman out of it, until the possible sequel. That would make a lot of people much happier, hopefully. :yay:

I would love to see this. This is how I've said it should happen the entire time.

Superman Returns
The Man Of Steel- Superman faces Doomsday or Darkseid and dies at the end of the film but seems to have defeated the bad guy in an act of self sacrifice.
Superman 3= Justice League- The World's Heroes come together in the wake of Superman's death. The villain that killed Superman returns and it takes the return of Superman to save the world. No Batman for this one though.

This would be EXCELLENT.

-R

Horrible news, hope it's BS. A Justice League without Batman and Superman simply isn't justice league.

I could live without Batman (he works much better my himself), but Superman has to be there.

I think this film would work well the way I posted above.

Have Superman die at the end of Man Of Steel. Justice League opens with his funeral and the "world without a Superman". The other heroes united to replace him...forming the Justice League. The threat that killed Superman returns and the fledgling League doesn't match up. It is not until the triumphant return of Superman at the third act of the film that they are able to defeat it.

Superman is then in the League and they make the League official making him a founding member. He, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman. That's my lineup for the film. Have an older Batman join in a sequel...

-R

Yeah but WB doesn't have that type of comittment... plus they'd be stupid as **** to trust Singer's Doomsday treatment... I sure has hell don't want to see Singer on board if that's the case... get a new director... plus they still got the issues with fatherhood and what not... but yeah that is the best direction probably. Maybe even Bale would be opened to coming back for a sequel if JLA is a hit. He'd still be in his prime anyway. You could also use a better villain than OMACS and Talia for JLA 1.

I think this film would work well the way I posted above.

Have Superman die at the end of Man Of Steel. Justice League opens with his funeral and the "world without a Superman". The other heroes united to replace him...forming the Justice League. The threat that killed Superman returns and the fledgling League doesn't match up. It is not until the triumphant return of Superman at the third act of the film that they are able to defeat it.

Superman is then in the League and they make the League official making him a founding member. He, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman. That's my lineup for the film. Have an older Batman join in a sequel...

-R

Something like this I would accept as well because it would tie MOS to the JL film.....which I think absolutely needs to be done. Then WB's will not be forced to make a real Superman 3 and just allow the JL film to be a semi Superman 3.

Tying in the story of MOS and allowing that film to be a lead in to the JL film is the way to go IMO.

Who knows what is going to happen. The no batman no superman thing i still believe is false. It would be a dumb move not having supes and bats in the league. Yes it could work if done well or it could be the wrost thing ever(Example- The live action Justice League show pilot for those who seen it).

Perhaps the whole No Supes / Batman thing has some element truth to it. Gale, Common, Brody, all confirmed that they were cast as the other characters, why is it will still don't know who was cast in the Bats and Supes roles? Could it be that the characters were never cast to begin with?

Well if u want to believe some rumors bats could have been armie hammer who is wrong for bats since he is way to young for the character but height/voice wise he probably would have made a very intimating bats in suit. Then we had the whole DJ catrona thing which he was just plan wrong for the role of supes. Personally i hope if these two were indeed to be bats and supes and the film picks up again in the coming months they are out and we get some better/decent actors who can look and act the parts of supes and bats.

But why no confirmation from either of them, or anyone else cast for the roles? Everyone was released from the film and confirmed their roles, what's holding these other guys back from saying 'Yeah I was cast as ...."? Is it not possible that the characters were never cast in the first place?

All reports originally pointed out batman, superman, wonder woman, flash(barry/wally), green lantern(john), aquaman and martian manhunter was the heroes being used in the film.

But why no confirmation from either of them, or anyone else cast for the roles? Everyone was released from the film and confirmed their roles, what's holding these other guys back from saying 'Yeah I was cast as ...."? Is it not possible that the characters were never cast in the first place?

Anything is possible.

Well brody, gale, and common have been out in the public and able to talk to people about the film we have no clue where or what hammer or catrona have been up to since the film got delayed if they were indeed orginally bats and supes which i hope they are still not in the film once it picks up in a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"