Two new Gears of War maps coming soon...

Slipknot

Avenger
Reaction score
Gears of War New Content
Two new maps coming your way.
by Cam Shea, IGN AU

Australia, January 7, 2007 - Microsoft today announced that new downloadable content is ready to go for Epic's monster Xbox 360 title Gears of War. From early Thursday, January 11 in Australia, and January 10 in the States, gamers will have access to a new content pack on Xbox Live Marketplace. And yes, it's free. Huzzah!

What's under the hood? Two new maps for a start. The first, Raven Down, takes place on the bombed out city streets surrounding the crash site of a Raven Helicopter. With densely clustered car wrecks and detritus providing ample cover points, the map sees Delta Force make their way in from multiple access points to search for survivors. The second, Old Bones, looks to take on an almost survival horror tone, with a majestic old museum as the setting. The Locust Horde want to take it apart, further eradicating any record of humanity off the face of Sera, while Delta Force, naturally, will do anything to stop that happening. Also in the pack, an introductory video hosted by Epic's CliffyB.

The content pack is sponsored by the Discovery Channel, and along with the release they're giving away two million Microsoft points (in 400 point increments) for use on Xbox Live Marketplace. The promotion will take place through www.readyaimfire.com, on January 13th, 14th and 15th (U.S. dates). Suprisingly enough the site hasn't gone live yet, but bear with it, there'll be info there soon. We hope.

Here is a picture from the Raven Helicopter map...

gears-of-war-20070107090618587.jpg

gears-of-war-20070107090622040.jpg

...and here is Old Bones...

gears-of-war-20070107090619931.jpg

gears-of-war-20070107090621056.jpg

This is awesome... I wanted new maps so bad. Old Bones looks great.

Also... the patch will fix some other things as well. This is awesome...

• Fixed aspect ratio distortion when using VGA cable with 4:3 displays at resolutions higher than 640x480
• Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress
• Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM
• Fixed rare situation where host could loop countdown and never start match
• Fixed rare situation where players could get stuck after chainsawing in multiplayer
• Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance
• Enabled “Strict” NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues
• Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons
• Reduced number of possible revives in Execution to match Warzone
• Removed host name from Ranked match server browser
• Disabled security cameras in Ranked matches
• Ranked matches now require balanced teams (3v3 or 4v4)
• Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points
• Added additional cheat detection code
• Additional housekeeping updates

The -50 for quitting is great, the reduced grenade tag distance is also nice.

Also... the patch will fix some other things as well. This is awesome...

• Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress
• Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance
• Enabled “Strict” NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues
• Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARRRD...

harrelson1.jpg

.. YESSSSSS!!!!

This is going to be completely free, right?

Man, playing on old bones is going to be awesome.

Man I want my 360 back!!!:mad: Cant wait to play the new maps:up:

No more Host Name for ranked match searches? Wow, I guess I'll stop playing this game.

No more Host Name for ranked match searches? Wow, I guess I'll stop playing this game.
Why? You like cheating with your friends to get achievements or something? If not... then go play player matches if you want to play with your friends (which I do pretty much everyday now). I hated it when people would try and set up a ranked match so their friends or clan could be on the same team... it's bull****. If they want to set up a match then you can do so on player matches.

I don't understand the whole point of achievements. They don't do anything. They are meaningless. Can't people just play the game to have fun? Especially on multiplayer with all the set up ranked match crap. Whats the point? For a higher gamer score? "My e-penis is bigger than yours!" Thats pretty much how the online community works.

If I played multiplayer I might care. Though the killing RAAM with a Trokia thing helps me. I've beaten him on Hardcore and Insane, both times using the Troika and never got the achievement. POS game

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"