The Amazing Spider-Man Two Years Ago

Em Dee

Chasing Spiders
Reaction score
What was your initial reaction to the film, where you hyped, or disappointed when you exited the theater?

Blown away.

Initially was really annoyed that they cancelled the other series, but TASM won me over in every way possible

Loved it! :woot:

Disappointed and now that I've seen the sequel, it made me wish more that they stuck with the original series.

Neither excitement nor disappointment
Something nice in between

Both. But now that the Amazing spider man 2 is a terrible movie I probably would enjoy this film less than I did before.

I was pretty excited for the future of the franchise. Now I'm extremely disappointed in what they've done.

I was disappointed. I really wanted to like the ASM, even after a second viewing. As for the sequel, I liked it more but not by much.

I wasn't blown away, as it was basically a slightly altered origin story of the original Spider-Man, but I left satisfied. The biggest letdown is the anticipation for the sequel, thinking that now the origin was out of the way, a great new story would appear in the sequel. I was so wrong.

I thought it was awesome, and couldn't wait for the sequel.

I remember i felt they could have done more with it but At the same time being mostly satisfied with finally getting a spider-man movie with a cast and characters that I liked.

While it was not perfect It felt like the spidey movie I had been waiting for really.

Last edited:
I loved it and it did everything the older franchise couldn't do for me (even though I do love it.) It felt like a tease though. I felt like it coulda been much more, especially in the sequel. I like the sequel quite a bit, but it doesn't feel like its from the same universe tbh I miss the tone of the first film baddd

I loved it and was happy to see a Spidey film that actually felt like they did the main characters justice. But now that I've seen TASM2 it doesn't compare. TASM2 blows all the previous Spidey films away. It's just too much fun.

Last edited:
I just loved it,everything was just incredible.

Cast,Characters,Costume, CGI,Love Story,Origin.

The villain was OK.

My second favorite Spider-Man movie.

Disappointed and now that I've seen the sequel, it made me wish more that they stuck with the original series.
i'm with you. They should still be making movies with Tobey or at least movies set in that same continuity, would've been smarter

Because Tobey would make it better? :whatever:

I'm more than glad with what we got,there wasn't anyway to continue after SM3.

i'm with you. They should still be making movies with Tobey or at least movies set in that same continuity, would've been smarter

Toby certainly wasn't worth bringing back and movies in same continuity alone wouldn't have made it more successful

I think I appreciate TASM more as time goes to tbh

I'm the opposite. When it came out I thought it was decent but flawed. But as time goes by it ages worse and worse. Now I can't even watch it all the way through.

I think the TASM movies will be forgotten as flawed forgettable movies. Even now not many hold them in any kind of high regard, especially the sequel.

I concur.

I think the TASM movies will be forgotten as flawed forgettable movies. Even now not many hold them in any kind of high regard, especially the sequel.

While I cant speak for TASM2 because it's not been long enough to judge how it will be seen in future I know Many really liked TASM when it came out and still say they like TASM, infact loads felt it was better then 2 or all 3 of the raimi films, I have seen many supporters and watched many YouTube reviews of people saying they enjoyed TASM, so I think you are only noticing what you want to notice really and that's the people that are agreeing with you

Same with Andrew many like Him better then Toby

Last edited:
While I cant speak for TASM2 because it's not been long enough to judge how it will be seen in future I know Many really liked and still say they like TASM, infact loads felt it was better then 2 or all 3 of the raimi films, I watched many YouTube reviews of people saying they enjoyed TASM, so I think you are only noticing what you want to notice really and that's only the people that are agreeing with you. Same with Andrew many like Him better then Toby

Without turning this into a forbidden Raimi vs Webb debate, I guarantee you any people you have seen with that opinion, and I doubt you've seen that many, are a minority. In fact I'd say most of them were like me back in 2012, initially liked the movie, but once the shine wears off you see the thousand and ones flaws and cracks that tarnish it. The TASM movies struggle to keep up not only with the previous Spider-Man movies, critically, financially, and in popularity, but they get eclipsed by all the other great comic book movies, too. Whereas as Spider-Man 2 (still widely regarded as one of the best CBM's ever), and sometimes Spider-Man, often get ranked with the greats.

This year is a brilliant example. Guardians of the Galaxy, Days of Future Past, and The Winter Soldier wiped the floor with TASM 2. It's not even in the same ballpark as them. Only a very small handful of die hard Spidey fans think it's as good as them. Again minorities. It's the dud of the year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"