• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Age of Extinction Unicron

Long_Live_Remy

Civilian
Reaction score
Im not what you would call a huge transformers fan, as I havent read any of the comics or anything, but I have fallen in love with the Transformers movie with Unicron in it. My question is , assuming that we are stuck for better or worse with Michael Bay and crew as our Transformers team, do you think a movie with Unicron could work on the big screen? Now obviously just about any transformers movie is going to make money based on the fanboys going to see whatever they crap out, but what I want to know is could they make a convincing, believable, GOOD Unicron based transformers movie?

It's possible.
Early rumors said that Unicron was going to be mentioned in one line of dialogue from Optimus Prime, when he talked about Cybertron and the war. But I believe that turned out to be a total lie.

I don't know if Unicron himself could work, but maybe later on they could delve into the Unicron Worshippers as a 3rd Faction maybe. Have them try to bring about chaos and destruction to both Factions. Even though I don't personally think that'd be all that great...lol. However I would think the Quintessons would be the best 3rd Faction though, if ever intro'd.

What are you talkin bout Walking Dead, everyone knows that in Michael Bays world Unicron is going to be a Unicycle.

Destructicus said:
What are you talkin bout Walking Dead, everyone knows that in Michael Bays world Unicron is going to be a Unicycle.
No more accurate would be that Cybertron was the sleeping Unicron, instead of Primus (the TF God). Since the TF Movie seems more to take certain actual source material elements and alter them to be different/new.

NO Unicron is a NO go...

BUT!!!!

check out Fantastic Four 2 when it comes out, it has Galactus which is almost the same charector.

As Unicron makes Galvitron, Galactus makes the silver surfer to find new worlds to devour.

chaos123x said:
NO Unicron is a NO go...

BUT!!!!

check out Fantastic Four 2 when it comes out, it has Galactus which is almost the same charector.

As Unicron makes Galvitron, Galactus makes the silver surfer to find new worlds to devour.

I think I'll skip F4 2, same director same corny movie most likely. It will be a Mummy Returns-like movie where the first one was popcorn action and the sequel is trying to be epic and more serious.

Unicron and Galactus have similarities but Unicron is an actual god as Galactus is a being from another planet given god-like powers.

it would be kinda weird trying to have unicron in a live action movie,i doubt it would work,but i like walking dead's idea of cybertron being unicron.

WalkingDead said:
No more accurate would be that Cybertron was the sleeping Unicron, instead of Primus (the TF God). Since the TF Movie seems more to take certain actual source material elements and alter them to be different/new.

How would Primus be explained then? I would rather Unicron be a separate entity than Cybertron so that he could still be a threat to the homeworld.

nosebleed said:
How would Primus be explained then? I would rather Unicron be a separate entity than Cybertron so that he could still be a threat to the homeworld.
Well I would too...
But honestly, I like Primus and Unicron only explained through dialogue as part of the TF Religion, like how Beast Wars handled it. I think that would be the best way to handle it all.

nosebleed said:
I think I'll skip F4 2, same director same corny movie most likely. It will be a Mummy Returns-like movie where the first one was popcorn action and the sequel is trying to be epic and more serious.

Unicron and Galactus have similarities but Unicron is an actual god as Galactus is a being from another planet given god-like powers.

Galactus was a being from the universe before this one, and when the Big Bang happened, he became a new being, Galactus, which is similar to Unicron's comic book origin. Neither are truly Gods. They're both powerful as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"