• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Universal, Imagine Acquire Rights to Anne Rice's 'The Vampire Chronicles'

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2014/08/universal-anne-rice-vampire-chronicles/
Universal, Imagine Lock Rights To Anne Rice’s ‘Vampire Chronicles’
By JEN YAMATO

BREAKING: Universal Pictures, Imagine Entertainment, and Brian Grazer have acquired rights to Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles in a juicy deal that spans the entire library of Rice’s bloodsucker series.

Rice’s Vampire Chronicles novels are centered around 18th century French nobleman vamp Lestat de Lioncourt and previously spawned feature adaptations Interview with the Vampire and Queen of the Damned at rival Warner Bros. The deal gives Universal and Imagine access to the entire Vampire Chronicle series as well as the adapted screenplay for Tale of the Body Thief by Rice’s son Christopher Rice and any future novels including the upcoming 11th book Prince Lestat.

Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, who are developing classic monster flicks The Mummy and Van Helsing for the studio, will produce. Imagine President Erica Huggins will oversee the series on behalf of the company and Bobby Cohen will exec produce. Anne Rice is repped by CAA, Janklow & Nesbit Associates and attorney Christine Cuddy of Kleinberg, Lange, Cuddy & Carlo LLP. Christopher Rice is repped by Resolution, Janklow & Nesbit Associates and attorney Christine Cuddy of Kleinberg, Lange, Cuddy & Carlo LLP. Kurtzman and Orci are repped by CAA and Gendler & Kelly, APC.
Here we go again.

I guess he alludes to this:

Now, Universal Pictures and Brian Grazer are looking to Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, the writing/producing duo behind Michael Bay's Transformers movies, JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot and Sony's Amazing Spider-Man series, to bring Lestat and the gang back from the (un)dead

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...ers-Will-Reboot-Anne-Rices-Vampire-Chronicles

Anyway: Another set of films I won't watch, because that resume stinks imho.

No, my "again" had nothing to do with Orci and Kurtzman, because contrary to the nerd crowd, I don't despise them with every fiber of my being.

It was because they've been trying to reignite that franchise for years and even, at one point, had RDJ in talks for Lestat.

Interview with the Vampire was a near-perfect movie. No need to explore that again. They should just go with another novel.

**** YEAH!!!!! **** YEAH!!! Hope this next film is on the same level as the first movie. the first movie is one of my favorites of all time.

Kurtzman and Orci are huge tools though so.... :(

Thanks for TASM2, a-holes.

Oh well, the material is already there for them to adapt, itd be very hard for them to **** this up... but then again, the same can be said for TASM2.

So the vampire craze didn't die with Twilight.

Interesting.

I thought Kurtzman and Orci broke up?:huh:

I would like to see someone do The Historian based on Elizabeth Kostova's novel.

A real story of Drakulya's origin!

Good luck being better than Only Lovers Left Alive, which is the best vampire movie since Let The Right One In...

Regardless, they should treat Interview With the Vampire as already happening, and then make "sequels" to that. There is no need to remake that movie...although remaking that is probably the main reason why they bought the rights.

Funnily enough I found interview with a vampire to be one of the weaker stories of Anne Rice and don't really like Louis. The stories are always better when Lestat is the sole protagonist. They should adapt the body thief and Memnoch the devil (which is my personal favourite of the books). They should also focus on other works from Rice, servant of the bones would make an absolutely amazing film, and would look beautiful jumping from all those time periods.

The Fault in Our Stars Helmer Targets the Vampire Lestat

Source: TheWrap
August 18, 2014

We learned earlier this month that Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment are planning a rebooted adaptation of Anne Rice's "The Vampire Chronicles." Now, TheWrap reports that The Fault in Our Stars helmer Josh Boone is targeting the director's chair on the upcoming first, still untitled, Lestat film. Boone is expected to provide the screenplay as well, said to be based primarily on "The Vampire Lestat" and "The Queen of the Damned," the second and third books in the series.

The first installment in the novels, Interview with the Vampire, was made into a film in 1994 that stars Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. A second film followed, The Queen of the Damned, in 2002 with Aaliyah playing the eponymous bloodsucker and Stuart Townsend playing the vampire Lestat.

Brian Grazer will produce the new film alongside Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. Bobby Cohen will executive produce with Erica Huggins overseeing for Imagine.

No stranger to horror, Boone will first complete work on a massive adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand for Warner Bros. Pictures before taking on Lestat.

The next literary chapter in "The Vampire Chronicles," "Prince Lestat," hits bookstores this fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"