Unknown/obscure film composers who deserve better

It's a shame she's no longer with us, because I would definitely add Shirley Walker to the list of names posted in this thread. Her work in Mask of the Phantasm still gives me chills to this day. :(

Absolutely. I didn't include her on the list since... well, what you said. Her body of work in the DC animated genre is incredible -- not just Batman: The Animated Series but she did some good work on Superman too. At least her three collaborators Lolita Ritmanis, Kristopher Karter and Michael McCuiston continue to work in Walker's footsteps.

I have to admit, even when Shirley Walker passed away, I just remember a whole of noise coming from the geek scene. It's like she's so underrated that some fanboys took her for granted.

Absolutely. I didn't include her on the list since... well, what you said. Her body of work in the DC animated genre is incredible -- not just Batman: The Animated Series but she did some good work on Superman too. At least her three collaborators Lolita Ritmanis, Kristopher Karter and Michael McCuiston continue to work in Walker's footsteps.

Definitely. I loved her Superman theme as well. It had a very nice "timeless quality" to it. It was very heroic and fit the animated Supes just as perfectly as her theme fit Bats in TAS. :up: :csad:

Jamin Winans for composing Ink (which he also directed)

[YT]rQXigiVjiMQ[/YT]

This sequence is just amazing

[YT]HqU5zzcQZP0[/YT]

and heres another one

[YT]sO50-_njp0s[/YT]

Last edited:
I would have expected James Hannigan to have hit the big time by now after his work on the Potter games and Command and Conquer. I noticed he's been working on the UK sci-fi show Primeval of late as well. There's a ton of music (including the latest Potter theme) on his site:

http://www.jameshannigan.com

Definitely. I loved her Superman theme as well. It had a very nice "timeless quality" to it. It was very heroic and fit the animated Supes just as perfectly as her theme fit Bats in TAS. :up: :csad:

I wish she got more film projects. The most high-profile films on her resume are the first three Final Destination films. She probably would've scored the next two if she hadn't died.

I would've loved to hear her take on a live-action Batman movie. Like for BB -- I keep saying that, but I would love to hear a more textural version of her MOTP score. When I listen to her MOTP soundtrack, I envision not just the animated Batman but the Nolan Batman as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"