• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Upgrading Video Card

Cmill216

Senior Case Officer
Reaction score
So I'm looking to upgrade the video card on my laptop, but researching the issue online has only made me that much more confused.

I've got a solid processor and plenty of RAM, so I just want a graphics card that will offer me an overall better performance. I'm using a Gateway MA3 Notebook, and I have zero clue has to how to go about this.

Brief specs:
specsy.jpg

Current card is an ATI Radeon XPRESS.

Cmill216,

Most notebooks, which including yours tends to be Integrated Graphic's Processor (IGP) which it's built into the motherboard itself, and now way of upgrading. That's one of the draw backs of notebooks. Even some dedicated card notebooks don't even have this capacity. That's why most gamers, tend to stick with desktops.

You can build a much more powerful desktop pc for the price of a decent laptop.
If it's for games integrated graphics suck in comparison to graphics cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"