Vacation an ****ehouse remakes/reboots

There was that whole bit of them driving with the dead grandmother on the hood.

Now this does seem like the humor is pretty different, but I like comedies like that so Im cool with the change

The trailer for the original film:

[YT]FHThGmVfE3A[/YT]

Based on the reviews it looks like they went full-on gross-out comedy with this remake, which I sort of expected after the swimming-in-feces bit in the trailer. So if you like that style of comedy, you'll love Vacation. Me, I think I'll stick with the original.

"If you liked Dumb and Dumber Too, then you'll love the new Vacation!"

What a travesty

This was great. Saw it yesterday me and the rest in the theater really laughed a lot .

The whole main family was funny. I was afraid the whole movie was gonna just be call backs to the previous movies, but it wasn't. The scenes and set ups were all funny. I loved the brief fight scene at the end

The one thing was Chevy Chase. He was...bad. I mean nothing like Clark. He was more of Pierce from Community than the Clark we love. But it was just a small part.

It was similar enough without being too different.
It's a different type of humor, but it still works

Now I haven't read the reviews but I assume that a lot of them will be "The original was this, but the new film is this"
This movie really is an update and modern humor telling of a Vacation story an it works as that. Is more vulgar and a little more gross out (not like diarrhea jokes or anything like that), but I like that kind of humor so Im cool with it

It is funny that I see people saying the originals didn't have black humor/weren't mean spirited. Cmon son.

Sucks for me that this didn't do well because I would've liked a sequel, but hey it's whatever. I did enjoy it and will watch this again.

Last edited:
I saw the film. It was okay. Rusty is nothing like Clark. When Clark goes nuts, it's pure greatness.

I saw it with some buds tonight (best way to see movies like this I think), I really liked it I had a big ol :woot: on my face when I heard the opening notes to Holiday Road (loved the pics in the credits :hehe: ). I loved the Tartan Prancer ("It's the Honda of Albania") van, it was JUST as hideous as the Wagon Queen Family Truckster ("You think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it"). I loved the call backs to the old film like the girl in the Ferrari :hrt: (bonus points for being the same make/model as the one in 83). Oh and I had another big :woot: when the Truckster appears in the film looking just as ugly as it did 32 years ago ;).

I was surprised about how much I enjoyed vacation. Big Hollywood comedies usually don't match my sense of humour but this movie did.

The psycho bully son trying to suffocate his brother with a plastic bag made me laugh every time.

This film had great GREAT laugh out loud moments and another same amount of jokes that didn't work for me. So it was ok. It had enough good attributes to be another Vacation film, but it lacked "something" to make it truly awesome.

I thought it was alright. The little kid swearing got old fast though.

I had to pause and watch again the bit where he tries to do the "Vin Diesel" move. I couldn't stop laughing.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/vacation.html

Title: Vacation
Starring: Ed Helms
Released: 3rd November 2015
SRP: $35.99, $28.98

Further Details:
Warner Bros Home Entertainment has announced the Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD) and DVD releases of Jonathan Goldstein & John Francis Daley’s Vacation.

The Blu-ray Combo Pack will include:
• Return to Walley World
• The Griswold Odyssey
• Gag Reel
• Deleted Scenes
• Georgia

The DVD will include:
• Deleted Scenes
• Georgia

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts